Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL report: Brandon Albert to Jaguars for a draft pick not Julius Thomas..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A late 2018 draft pick so far...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:A late 2018 draft pick so far...

NH3...
Very low risk move.  Again, my biggest worry is durability here.  My guess is that the team will sign another T as an insurance policy.  Beachum may wind up being their best option.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Very low risk move.  Again, my biggest worry is durability here.  My guess is that the team will sign another T as an insurance policy.  Beachum may wind up being their best option.

We did re-sign Josh Wells. I have a feeling we'll go after a tackle in the draft at point though as both our tackles will be over 30. Go into the season with Albert (assuming this deal gets done), Parnell, Wells, and a draft pick as our tackles.

Quote:We did re-sign Josh Wells. I have a feeling we'll go after a tackle in the draft at point though as both our tackles will be over 30. Go into the season with Albert (assuming this deal gets done), Parnell, Wells, and a draft pick as our tackles.

I'd say we go after a free agent at guard/tackle as well as drafting a lineman in the first 3 rounds.

I further enjoy the move if it's for a conditional 2018 pick. Gimme a LT who has the potential to be above average or better if healthy over a late round pick. At least given this teams current offensive line situation anyway.

Quote:I'd say we go after a free agent at guard/tackle as well as drafting a lineman in the first 3 rounds.
Guard is the best and deepest position in free agency. Any one of 4 guys would be big upgrades:

Zeitler

Warford

Leary

Lang

All these guys are good run blockers and if Albert signs I really believe they could wait til the 3rd round to take another lineman like Siragusa.

Rd. 1: Allen or Fournette

Rd.2 . Budda Baker

Rd.3: Siragusa or Poszic

Add in 1 more top free agent like Pierre-Paul and it's a great off-season.

Quote:Guard is the best and deepest position in free agency. Any one of 4 guys would be big upgrades:

Zeitler

Warford

Leary

Lang

All these guys are good run blockers and if Albert signs I really believe they could wait til the 3rd round to take another lineman like Siragusa.

Rd. 1: Allen or Fournette

Rd.2 . Budda Baker

Rd.3: Siragusa or Poszic

Add in 1 more top free agent like Pierre-Paul and it's a great off-season.

Agreed on all fronts with this. JPP+One of those guards+Allen+Sirsgusa would be unreal.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

#Dolphins expected deal for Julius Thomas is for a 7th in '17. #Jaguars expected deal for Branden Albert if completed is for a '18 late pick

7:24 PM · Feb 20, 2017

Albert is not the answer.

Quote:Albert is not the answer.

What was the question?
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017, 07:59 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Kinda a head scratcher for me.  Beachum did ok last year and is cheaper and younger.  Albert missed 4 games last year and is 32 years old. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I can dig this more then Thomas being shipped away.. Let's go Tom!

Quote:Kinda a head scratcher for me. Beachum did ok last year and is cheaper and younger. Albert missed 4 games last year and is 32 years old.

The only reason Beachum may hit FA is the amount of years.

4 year option is along time. For a not 100% LT
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

A 7th rounder for Thomas is terrible.

Quote:A 7th rounder for Thomas is terrible.

He played like a 9th round pick.
Shock the world

Addition by subtraction

He was going to be cut. Everyone knew it.

The fact that the Jags got anything for him is a plus.

Exactly. I didn't like JT's performance last year, but Miami just robbed us. Everyone smiles and acts like this is great lol.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017, 09:01 PM by Thundersnow.)

Quote:He was going to be cut. Everyone knew it.

The fact that the Jags got anything for him is a plus.
I'm not a fan of the move but I see your point. I wonder who will be our TE this coming season