Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: clots management infighting...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...os-wishes/

Whelp. Sounds like a typical day in the clots front office. I hope both get long extensions so they can keep this charade up a little longer. Looking forward to the Jags knocking off the 'AFC finalist's' this year. Well probably not, but that would guarantee Paganos gone tho. That feels like we would be doing the clots a favor tho...

Pagano is a far better coach than Grigson is a GM. Ideally, Pagano is allowed to leave and Grigson stays around for a few more years, just long enough to completely ruin Andrew Luck's prime years with a supporting cast that might lose to Alabama.

I can't really believe that Pagano is on the 'hot seat.' If the Colts fire him, it would make no sense.
Quote:I can't really believe that Pagano is on the 'hot seat.' If the Colts fire him, it would make no sense.
You're talking about a team that ran a prescription drug buyback program with an owner addicted to painkillers. What the hell makes you think that anything the Colts do is designed to make sense?
Quote:You're talking about a team that ran a prescription drug buyback program with an owner addicted to painkillers. What the hell makes you think that anything the Colts do is designed to make sense?

Lol. Good point. I acquiesce to the sentiment that the Colts management is terrible.
Good good

Hopefully Grigson wins that battle

Anything less than a Super Bowl appearance could easily lead to major change in the Colts team brass.   While the Colts are probably not the most talented team in the AFC,   I'm confident Jim Irsay expects them to reach the Super Bowl.  

Quote:Anything less than a Super Bowl appearance could easily lead to major change in the Colts team brass. While the Colts are probably not the most talented team in the AFC, I'm confident Jim Irsay expects them to reach the Super Bowl.

Outside of Luck and maybe Hilton, they're arguably not even the most talented team in the AFCS, let alone the whole AFC
Paving the way for hiring Saban?

Quote:Paving the way for hiring Saban?

No chance
Quote:No chance
Irsay will offer him $10 million per year, total personnel control and all the pain pills he can pop.
Quote:Anything less than a Super Bowl appearance could easily lead to major change in the Colts team brass. While the Colts are probably not the most talented team in the AFC, I'm confident Jim Irsay expects them to reach the Super Bowl.

I've been saying the same for months. Anything less than a SB appearance and both will be shown the door.
Quote:Outside of Luck and maybe Hilton, they're arguably not even the most talented team in the AFCS, let alone the whole AFC

That doesn't mean Irsay doesn't believe that. He's been hinting all offseason that this is the year. Grigson is already skating on thin ice from prior moves (Trent Richardson trade, questionable draft choices {Dorsett}) and Pagano continues to show he's just along for the ride. Irsay made the big mistake in letting Bruce Arians go and he knows it. He's just looking for a reason to correct that mistake now.
Quote:Outside of Luck and maybe Hilton, they're arguably not even the most talented team in the AFCS, let alone the whole AFC

For the most part I think the Colts skill players are a team strength for them,  they have one of the best CBs in the NFL,  and Trent Cole could prove to be a major upgrade for them off the edge if his physical skills haven't fallen off substantially.   Also,  the Colts have an excellent K-P Combo.   Otherwise though,  they certainly have many question marks.   Probably to the point that they will fall short of reaching the Super Bowl.  

In the past I mentioned that if Andrew Luck was added to the Bengals roster,  that likely would be the Super Bowl Champion.   I still believe that. 
Quote:That doesn't mean Irsay doesn't believe that. He's been hinting all offseason that this is the year. Grigson is already skating on thin ice from prior moves (Trent Richardson trade, questionable draft choices {Dorsett}) and Pagano continues to show he's just along for the ride. Irsay made the big mistake in letting Bruce Arians go and he knows it. He's just looking for a reason to correct that mistake now.

This is very much along the lines of what I believe is the case as well.   Since Bill Polian was fired,  it sure seems like Jim Irsay is much more heavily involved in the Colts football decision making process than he used to be.  Nothing quite like his father was but to the level that it could potentially prevent Andrew Luck from winning multiple Super Bowls if it continues.   This could easily bode well for the Jaguars as they ascend in the coming seasons.  
Not sure if I saw correctly, but NFLN's panel was discussing Super Bowl picks. Four out of four (Warner, Irvin, Faulk, Mariucci IIRC) chose Indy to go with three of the four saying Indy would win.

Then again...not too good when Sapp is the smartest one
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap3000000388465/MVP-predictions'>http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap3000000388465/MVP-predictions</a>
Quote:Paving the way for hiring Saban?
Florio?

You've been beating that drum to death....

(Not you, Florio)
Their GM wouldn't have a job without having Luck. Hope they can keep up what they've been doing the past two years lol.
Just bringing this up again since Irsay pretty much came out and said Pagano was coaching for his job this year.

Someday the other league owners are going to have to step in and take away his crack pipe.

Listen up Jim, if your team has had the same problem from Dungy to Caldwell to Pagano and with Manning and now Luck...maybe it's not the coaching.

Maybe instead its the front office who can't pick a decent defensive player or figure out how to get guys in who can run the ball.

Maybe Jimbo, the problem is in your office, not on the sideline.

So go knock back another stiff one and think it over.

Pages: 1 2