Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Practice Squad Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. LB Jeremiah George

2. WR Kasey Closs

3. TE Ben Koyak

4. WR/TE Neal Sterling

5. DE Cap Capi

6. QB Stephen Morris

7. CB Rashaad Reynolds

8. WR Tony Washington

9. Filled by player from different team

10. Filled by player from different team
Sterling and Capi for sure. I like that list^

Not sold on Reynolds though.
I think someone from the current 53 ends up on the PS, maybe Reynolds or John L.

Not a bad list, but I think you'll see an interior DL and an OL, especially an OT, added to that list.

Morris and George has apparently been claimed.

Quote:1. LB Jeremiah George

2. WR Kasey Closs

3. TE Ben Koyak

4. WR/TE Neal Sterling

5. DE Cap Capi

6. QB Stephen Morris

7. CB Rashaad Reynolds

8. WR Tony Washington

9. Filled by player from different team

10. Filled by player from different team

Just updating OP's list.
I wouldn't keep Koyak or Closs. Hoping to see new names on the squad, if just for discovery's sake.
Tweet from Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) - S Craig Loston back to the #Jaguars practice squad, according to his reps.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/640578700858294272
Tweet from Mike Kaye (@mike_e_kaye) - For the record: DE Cap Capi, TE Ben Koyack and WR Neal Sterling passed through waivers. #Jaguars

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/6...6445762561
Good news on Loston, Capi, Koyack and Sterling.  I suspect the last 3 end up on practice squad also. 

Does the practice squad really matter?

Quote:Does the practice squad really matter?

Its all about the hope, albeit how small it may be. From recent memory Ryan Davis started on the practice squad. So did Rob Meier and Paul Spicer.

raweyejag

Quote:Does the practice squad really matter?
Jars on a shelf
Quote:Jars on a shelf

Or "fluff" depending on perspective.
The practice squad does matter.  Although they can be signed by anyone during the season, if the Jags have an injury (or injuries) at a position, there may be a player there that has current working knowledge of your system and plays to fill-in quickly.  It also does deliver an NFL developmental platform for players such as Sterling and Capi, that otherwise would go to the CFL, Arena league, or McDonalds.    

Quote:The practice squad does matter.  Although they can be signed by anyone during the season, if the Jags have an injury (or injuries) at a position, there may be a player there that has current working knowledge of your system and plays to fill-in quickly.  It also does deliver an NFL developmental platform for players such as Sterling and Capi, that otherwise would go to the CFL, Arena league, or McDonalds.    

So in other words, the practice squad of every team is a collection of rookies not good enough to make the Game Day 1 53 man roster.

The practice squad does not matter.

raweyejag

Quote:So in other words, the practice squad of every team is a collection of rookies not good enough to make the Game Day 1 53 man roster.

No because they are practicing with a team and getting paid for it

Tell that to guys like James Harrison.

He spent two years, I believe, in and out of the Steelers practice squad.
Alright, let me re-phrase the question.  Does the practice squad really matter as it relates to THIS SEASON?

Quote:So in other words, the practice squad of every team is a collection of rookies not good enough to make the Game Day 1 53 man roster.

If anything the practice squad reveals some insight on how the GM views the roster and where it may need some "insurance" if things don't work out.  Which is why many want to see an OT signed. 
Pages: 1 2