Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 5th WR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just from watching the game last night, and judging "horseflesh," I think we have to keep Neal Sterling.   Just based on potential.    A guy that size, with hands like that, will be lost to another team if we put him on the practice squad.    Big compliments to Dave Caldwell for finding that kind of talent and taking him late in the draft. 

Quote:Just from watching the game last night, and judging "horseflesh," I think we have to keep Neal Sterling.   Just based on potential.    A guy that size, with hands like that, will be lost to another team if we put him on the practice squad.    Big compliments to Dave Caldwell for finding that kind of talent and taking him late in the draft. 

I'd like to keep Sterling, but I believe Bryan Walters earned the #5 WR spot. For Sterling to stick I think they need to keep him as a 6th WR or a 5th TE.

The last spot few spots will come down to a few players they need to make a tough decision on... Sterling, Pierce, Shatley, Hood, Branch, Capi and Rashaad Reynolds. They can only keep about half of these names. 

I think it's gotta be Walters.
It will be Walters

I hope they find a way to keep Sterling on the active roster. That being said, Walters earned a roster spot.
Walters.
Quote:I hope they find a way to keep Sterling on the active roster. That being said, Walters earned a roster spot.

I am not sure the numbers will work in his favor. 
If Walters was talent worthy Seattle would have kept him. Short, under sized, slow, over achieving that can catch ,wide outs are a dime a dozen at every draft. Sterling has the potential to be special with his hands and size.
I thought Walters had the best catch last night, digging the ball out of the dirt then cutting it upfield
Quote:I am not sure the numbers will work in his favor.

Agreed. Hopefully Dave can find a creative way to keep him off the PS. I think he would get poached off potential alone. He'd be a perfect fit for double secret IR after he stubs his toe getting off the plane.
Walters catches EVERYTHING thrown his way/

If Walters were any good he wouldn't be trying to make his 3rd team in 4 years. He's a bottom of the roster guy that will always be fighting just to keep a job. Sterling has actual potential.

Quote:If Walters were any good he wouldn't be trying to make his 3rd team in 4 years. He's a bottom of the roster guy that will always be fighting just to keep a job. Sterling has actual potential.

With Lee out, the fifth receiver will probably see the field next week. I am sure they would rather have a guy with some experience than a guy with potential who has one preseason game of action after missing all of training camp.
Robinson,Hurns,Lee,Sterling,Walters I have to put Lee in for his speed but If he can't stay healthy this year we wasted a spot on
him
Walters has earned the spot, but Sterling has the potential with size and hands. Tough choice. Any way we keep Walters and Sterling has a chance on the practice squad to improve?

Quote:Walters has earned the spot, but Sterling has the potential with size and hands. Tough choice. Any way we keep Walters and Sterling has a chance on the practice squad to improve?

I think that is the most likely outcome
When are final cuts anyway?
Saturday by 4 pm est I believe.
Quote:I'd like to keep Sterling, but I believe Bryan Walters earned the #5 WR spot. For Sterling to stick I think they need to keep him as a 6th WR or a 5th TE.

The last spot few spots will come down to a few players they need to make a tough decision on... Sterling, Pierce, Shatley, Hood, Branch, Capi and Rashaad Reynolds. They can only keep about half of these names. 
Shatley was the first one in when Linder got hurt. That says a lot. Caldwell stashed him last year because he didn't want to lose him to another team. Shatley isn't going anywhere. Paztor will go before he does.

Pierce and Capi both have earned a spot, imo. Goodbye Branch and Hood. The team won't miss either of you.

I like Walters better than Sterling so Sterling goes. Hopefully, we can keep him on the practice squad.
Quote:Robinson,Hurns,Lee,Sterling,Walters I have to put Lee in for his speed but If he can't stay healthy this year we wasted a spot on

him
uhhhhh Greene?
Pages: 1 2 3 4