Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: James Sample
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This dude is built like and plays like Kam. It's his first NFL game of his career and you could see him giving his receiver lip. Love it!

I missed it, I sure hope I do see plenty of comparisons soon...

Yeah, he's going to be our version of Bam Bam Kam. This guy is huge and has been everywhere on the field.

New nickname is Bam Bam Samp. I don't care if its bad, i'm saying it.

I would like to see him and Brown play the safety spots

Is anyone seeing the range for him to play at FS? Or is he strictly a SS?
He looks like a ss to me
Wish he would've been able to play all preseason, wanted to get a better look at him.
Quote:Is anyone seeing the range for him to play at FS? Or is he strictly a SS?

We drafted him to be a FS so I'm guessing he has the range.
Its the 4th preseason game playing against scrubs. Let's not get over our heads by comparing him to a 3x pro bowler.
Dave Caldwell has done an amazing job as G.M. All 4 draft picks in rounds 3-7 have the opportunity to be solid players in the league and were steals where he took them.

Cann - round 3

Sample- round 4

Greene- round 5

Bennett- round 6

Another catch by Sterling. I'd keep both he and Walters and one less tight end.

Quote:Dave Caldwell has done an amazing job as G.M. All 4 draft picks in rounds 3-7 have the opportunity to be solid players in the league and were steals where he took them.

Cann - round 3

Sample- round 4

Greene- round 5

Bennett- round 6

Another catch by Sterling. I'd keep both he and Walters and one less tight end.
I'd agree with this. I'd get rid of Koyak. He needs time on the practice squad.

Can someone give me an honest evaluation of Sample tonight? I wasn't able to watch... From what I read, he tackles well and looks physically imposing out there. Thanks..
Quote:Is anyone seeing the range for him to play at FS? Or is he strictly a SS?
He's a SS. He's a bulky hitter, not a speedy pick machine.
Quote:He's a SS. He's a bulky hitter, not a speedy pick machine.

So why is he in competition with Sergio for FS?
Hes a FS.
He was a SS in college and was "shocked" when the Jags told him they want him to play FS.

I see him as a dark horse candidate to replace Cyprien as our SS if Cyp struggles in his 3rd year.

He made a great play by knocking that ball loose on 4th down
Quote:So why is he in competition with Sergio for FS?

He has the range of a FS and good play awareness. FS and SS in this defense doesn't mean much though. They're both interchangeable with how they use them.
Quote:He has the range of a FS and good play awareness. FS and SS in this defense doesn't mean much though. They're both interchangeable with how they use them.
That's not exactly by design, it's more an admission that the team hasn't been able to find its Earl Thomas in the deep third.
Quote:That's not exactly by design, it's more an admission that the team hasn't been able to find its Earl Thomas in the deep third.

You have to play the cards you are dealt my man. An Earl Thomas type FS comes around once every 7 years or so.
Pages: 1 2 3