Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Henne or Tebow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Which of these two would you prefer??

Probably most of you will say neither or other but what if Philadelphia releases Tebow...

Heck let's broaden the topic

Who would you like to have as the Jags #2 QB either this year or next?

Henne, the better QB, with no circus.
RG3
Henne over Tebow.

Would like to have Andrew Luck as our #2 next year.

If we're talking realistically however, I'd say maybe Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Is Todd Bouman available?

Quote:Which of these two would you prefer??

Probably most of you will say neither or other but what if Philadelphia releases Tebow...

The QB has to fit the style of Offense you are trying to run, Tim Tebow fits with the Speedy read option packages that Chip Kelly is trying to use there.  

I dont think he is really the type of QB that Gus Bradley or OC Olson is really looking for but I would support the move if they did it because I enjoy watching Tebow play...that being said I doubt it will ever happen.

They already paid Chad Henne big money to be the backup and he isnt going anywhere (at least not this year)...
"They already paid Chad Henne big money to be the backup and he isnt going anywhere (at least not this year)..."

Well said

...but what about next year?
I'd take any QB in the league over Tebow, except for Blaine Gabbert.
Quote:Which of these two would you prefer??

#2 QB? Why number two? Bottles hasn't done nothing and Tebow has won a playoff tournament game before. Plus won the college super bowl and hiesmans award.
Tebow literally cannot compete a pass. I'd actually rather have Gabbert back.

I'd take a shot at Tolzien, McGloin or maybe even Aaron Murray over Henne.

...or just maybe RGIII????

I expect RGIII to be asking for a trade

...but I doubt he'll except #2
Quote:I expect RGIII to be asking for a trade

...but I doubt he'll except #2

I wouldn't fork over a pick for him, but the Skins have already talked to teams about a trade and nobody is biting. If they release him and he can't find a starting role, at that point I can see Caldwell calling his agent.

Quote:I wouldn't fork over a pick for him, but the Skins have already talked to teams about a trade and nobody is biting. If they release him and he can't find a starting role, at that point I can see Caldwell calling his agent.
Thanks for the update.

I'd take him over Henne in a heartbeat
RG3 doesn't play much, but I can say I'd feel very, very safe at the QB position with him behind Bortles

The problem is that someone like RG3 would separate the locker room just like it did with Leftwich vs. Garrard

Quote:RG3 doesn't play much, but I can say I'd feel very, very safe at the QB position with him behind Bortles

The problem is that someone like RG3 would separate the locker room just like it did with Leftwich vs. Garrard

The only reason this would happen is if it is supposed to happen. Bortles can at least take 2 steps without falling over his own feet, so as long as he keeps his accuracy in check and low turnover ratios, he'll be good. 
Jaguars future QB Depth Chart

1. Blake Bortles

2. Blank #2

3. Chaine Hennbert

4. Josh Scobee

5. RG3

For goodness sake, will this vigil for Tebow ever end?!?

Quote:For goodness sake, will this vigil for Tebow ever end?!?

He can heal the sick, he can walk on water.. Probably can turn water into wine.. Just can't throw a football...
One is a quarterback, the other is not.

Why are people still harping on about Tebow? He was a free agent for over a year, we didn't sign him then and we're not going to sign him now. We've got a QB, Henne is a decent backup without a media circus plus Tebow isn't good.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7