Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Lets throw out some positives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
*The center position is set.  Last year we had a disaster start at that position.  We got a solid vet in there who knows the system and can play.  Bowanko is almost just as good so there is depth.

*Bortles is getting it.  Keeps his eyes down field, accuracy and velocity has increased, Looks poised in the pocket, Strong while avoiding sacks, and has a pair. I believe Caldwell is safe. Bortles looks to be a QB on the rise

*This is the best receiver group this team has had in years. Yes they drop too many balls but they are atleast getting open and giving the QB a chance to make a play.  Gone are the days of constant 9 man fronts against this team.  That whole Reggie Williams era was a disaster.

*The Secondary especially the CB position is talented.  Colvin, McCrary, and even Gratz are all young cb's with potential.  I personally believe Colvin is a star in the making.

*The Oline is giving their QB time to make a play.  Making the tough yards on 3rd and short, providing the QB with a clean pocket, and has some depth.  The one major critique is every once in awhile they break down and give the dline a free run at Bortles.  That could get our QB killed.

raweyejag

Keeping it positive...let's hope all the things you have mentioned will be true when teams scheme the week before playing for us.

I believe all of the area's you have pointed out are indeed improved. I do believe that 8 in the box will continue until the O'line and RB's prove that using that defensive strategy doesn't work. Go Jags.
Bortles is a breath of fresh air compared to the trash we've had for the last 5 years. I'm actually excited and believe we have franchise QB that has what it takes to win us the Super Bowl.

How's that for positive?
Quote:Bortles is a breath of fresh air compared to the trash we've had for the last 5 years. I'm actually excited and believe we have franchise QB that has what it takes to win us the Super Bowl.

How's that for positive?

Five years is pretty optimistic. Bortles looks like he could be the best QB in franchise history. Sad to say but that's not a very far limb I'm climbing out on.
Bortles won't be hit as much this season.

Defense will make more plays and allow less big plays.

Running game looks steady

Play calling may be fresher than the last several years.

Division still looks very weak.

Gus is improving his game management skills

Linder is a stud muffin

Khan is looking like a smart man sticking with the plan. Pieces are coming in place but it's too early to tell if it will translate to wins.
The running game looks alot better.
Quote:The running game looks alot better.

Yep. Oline in general looks pretty competent.
Quote:Bortles won't be hit as much this season.

Defense will make more plays and allow less big plays.

Running game looks steady

Play calling may be fresher than the last several years.

Division still looks very weak.

Gus is improving his game management skills

Linder is a stud muffin

Khan is looking like a smart man sticking with the plan. Pieces are coming in place but it's too early to tell if it will translate to wins.
[Image: roflmao.gif]
Quote:Yep. Oline in general looks pretty competent.

Like night and day out there, from how they looked last year. Big oline play is exciting, wow. This is indeed football
I love drinking Teal kool aid and remaining positive but let's not be delusional on the facts!

The Jaguars biggest weakness is DBs primarily at the Safety position, and the OLine was the worst but Ast HC Doug Marrone has made huge improvements with very little time and two decent Free Agent upgrades.

I felt that Sergio Brown has been a huge upgrade at FS but he is still league average at that role, but to us Jaguar fans he seems like a ProBowl FS in comparison to what we have seen in the last few years with Josh Evans among others.

I was happy to see 2nd year SS Loston step up and play almost as good as Jonathan Cyprien and hope to see him improve against the Lions.  I am a bit worried to see McCray get injured as the team doesnt really have great depth at CB should anything happen to House or Colvin with McCray injured it can go really wrong in a hurry.

I think Blake Bortles has improved a bit, but I am worried that the horrible Oline last year has made him panic at times in the pocket.  Hopefully he will learn to trust his OLine (and hopefully they will improve enough that he can build that confidence with them).  Once he knows they have his back, and the WRs can remain healthy & stop dropping the ball our Offense should be improved greatly.. of course the biggest question is how good is TJ Yeldon..

so far when you look past the hype of our RBs they are still avging 3 yards per carry.   I am hoping that Corey Grant gets at least 10 reps against the Lions to prove he deserves a roster spot.

To ensure I remain on the positive note...

I would say as a huge positive is the OLine.  It's very easy to see how quickly they have improved from the leagues worst to average... and hopefully they can improve to great during the season...

Our Placekickers is a huge positive as well giving the fantastic Scobee a run for his money is a wonderful thing with Myers.

Another big plus is the Run Defense even with our depth has been really, really good!

protons

alpha particles

sodium ions

Quote:protons

alpha particles

sodium ions

A neutron walked in to the bar and ordered a whisky.

"How much do I owe you?" He inquired.

"For you?", the bar keep replied. "No charge."
"The Jacksonville Jaguars had five fumbles against the NY Giants," said Debby Downer.

The defense has been soooooo close to a lot of INTs this preseason. Another couple reps and I expect our takeaway numbers will be way higher than our past few seasons
Quote:I love drinking Teal kool aid and remaining positive but let's not be delusional on the facts! The Jaguars biggest weakness is DBs primarily at the Safety position
I'm assuming that you're not listing the pass rush as the biggest defensive weakness only on the grounds that something the team doesn't have at all can hardly be deemed a weakness. Wink
Bortles has panicked in the pocket, huh?  I must be watching different pre-season games.

Quote:protons

alpha particles

sodium ions

Instant Classic !!!   Nice !!
Quote:Bortles has panicked in the pocket, huh?  I must be watching different pre-season games.

Someone wrote an article and mentioned it so it MUST be true.
Quote:Someone wrote an article and mentioned it so it MUST be true.

I would like somebody...anybody...to point out a specific play where he has 'panicked in the pocket' because I still have both games on DVR and I'd like to go back and take a look at it.
When was the last time our offensive line could potentially win the LOS? 2011 when MJD lead the league in rushing?

We face Detroit, who has a good defensive line. It'll be a good test for our offensive line. Can we win the LOS against their #1s? If we do, I'll be a lot more confident during the first 8 games of the season.
Pages: 1 2 3