Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Foo Fighters rickroll the Westboro Baptist haters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Full Story
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Open Sans';font-size:16px;">"In case you are not already aware, Foo Fighters and the homophobic Westboro Baptist Church have a bit of a rocky history—largely due to the band's tendency to make the church look foolish during their highly controversial, anti-LGBT protests. Foo Fighters made headlines in 2011 when they responded to the protestors in the best way possible: rolling out in front of the protest on the back of a flatbed truck, dressed in stereotypical cowboy attire, and playing a song they wrote for the occasion called "Keep It Clean," which includes lines like "I think I'm in the mood for some hot man muffin." Naturally, the internet exploded, and the Foos were crowned by the masses for taking on the hate group.

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Open Sans';font-size:16px;">Now, four years later, the Westboro Baptist Church has come back to picket a Foo Fighters show, and the band decided to mess with them again." 

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Open Sans';font-size:16px;">Except for the dude in his speedo looking underwear this was great. It would have almost been better if the Foo's had sung it themselves but you can't be rickrolled without Rick singing. 

I'm not sure that I understand the whole point.

So some guys show up in a flatbed truck to shut down a protest?

Quote:I'm not sure that I understand the whole point.

The Westboro idiots decided to protest a Foo Fighters show so the band went out there and rickrolled them.

I thought it was amusing anyway.
Having seen these guys twice now, including a week ago in Englewood, CO (but missing day 2 when they busted out rarities like Up in Arms, Have It All, Aurora, and a cover of Tie Your Mother Down Sad ), I am proud to call them one of my favorite bands and, imo, one of the best bands ever.

Quote:Full Story

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Open Sans';font-size:16px;">"In case you are not already aware, Foo Fighters and the homophobic Westboro Baptist Church have a bit of a rocky history—largely due to the band's tendency to make the church look foolish during their highly controversial, anti-LGBT protests. Foo Fighters made headlines in 2011 when they responded to the protestors in the best way possible: rolling out in front of the protest on the back of a flatbed truck, dressed in stereotypical cowboy attire, and playing a song they wrote for the occasion called "Keep It Clean," which includes lines like "I think I'm in the mood for some hot man muffin." Naturally, the internet exploded, and the Foos were crowned by the masses for taking on the hate group.

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Open Sans';font-size:16px;">Now, four years later, the Westboro Baptist Church has come back to picket a Foo Fighters show, and the band decided to mess with them again." 

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Open Sans';font-size:16px;">Except for the dude in his speedo looking underwear this was great. It would have almost been better if the Foo's had sung it themselves but you can't be rickrolled without Rick singing. 

...ok, my favorite band and the best band ever.

Quote:I'm not sure that I understand the whole point.

It wasn't a protest, it was the Westboro Baptist Church doing their usual "God hates f...s" shtick that they use when picketing things like concerts, film premieres, political events and, you know, soldiers' funerals.

The Foos didn't break anything up, per se. They just made life miserable for the Westboro thugs that, imo, should all be burned at the stake by completely owning the WBC both in song and in drawing hundreds of people in to surround the truck, all but forcing the WBC off the block as more and more people squeezed in front of them.

Normally I'm a "live and let live" type, but anything bad that happens to the WBC is a good thing in my book, and when the Foos are behind it, a grand old time was had by all.

There's a reason why I love the foo fighters.
Another reason to love the Foo Fighters.

Foo Fighters are straight class.. Always have been.
WBC members don't ever get bored?  While they're gathered, they could at least come up with some new sign ideas, get creative with it.

Quote:WBC members don't ever get bored? While they're gathered, they could at least come up with some new sign ideas, get creative with it.
I don't think creative is really in their playbook... just Ole fashion, hate anything that is different from us, type stuff.
Quote:I don't think creative is really in their playbook... just Ole fashion, hate anything that is different from us, type stuff.

Being a bigot shouldn't be an excuse for a lack of creativity, put those thinking caps on WBC, I've seen those same tired poster board signs for at least the past 10 years lol. 

Quote:The Westboro idiots decided to protest a Foo Fighters show so the band went out there and rickrolled them.

I thought it was amusing anyway.

LOL.  I'm really getting old.  I had to google "rickroll" to understand what is going on.   Blush

I do like the Foo Fighters' music, but didn't realize that was them in the truck until I re-read the story.

Quote:...

It wasn't a protest, it was the Westboro Baptist Church doing their usual "God hates f...s" shtick that they use when picketing things like concerts, film premieres, political events and, you know, soldiers' funerals.

The Foos didn't break anything up, per se. They just made life miserable for the Westboro thugs that, imo, should all be burned at the stake by completely owning the WBC both in song and in drawing hundreds of people in to surround the truck, all but forcing the WBC off the block as more and more people squeezed in front of them.

Normally I'm a "live and let live" type, but anything bad that happens to the WBC is a good thing in my book, and when the Foos are behind it, a grand old time was had by all.

I dislike the WBC every bit as much as you.  I don't agree with their message at all, nor do I agree with their choice of venue.  That being said, I do support their right to do what they do.
Quote:I dislike the WBC every bit as much as you.  I don't agree with their message at all, nor do I agree with their choice of venue.  That being said, I do support their right to do what they do.
I never said that they don't have a right to do it, I just said that I'd like to see them all burned at the stake. Wink
Quote:I never said that they don't have a right to do it, I just said that I'd like to see them all burned at the stake. Wink

Understood.  However, why would you disrespect a stake so much? 
Quote:Understood.  However, why would you disrespect a stake so much? 
Because I have too much respect for bullets.
Quote:Because I have too much respect for bullets.

LOL.  Good answer.
Quote:Because I have too much respect for bullets.

And respecting the classics is never a bad thing!
Quote:LOL.  I'm really getting old.  I had to google "rickroll" to understand what is going on.   Blush

I do like the Foo Fighters' music, but didn't realize that was them in the truck until I re-read the story.

You haven't lived until you've been rickrolled. Lol. It's happened on here a time or two,
Quote:You haven't lived until you've been rickrolled. Lol. It's happened on here a time or two,
I was once warned by RJ after posting one that there's a zero-tolerance insta-ban policy surrounding them. Is that still the case, modmins? Tongue

Edit: Might've been CowboyBarry, actually. It was way, way back in the day.

Quote:I was once warned by RJ after posting one that there's a zero-tolerance insta-ban policy surrounding them. Is that still the case, modmins? Tongue

I'll just leave this here.
Quote:I'll just leave this here.
Nice knowing you.

Sad
Pages: 1 2 3