Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Wiz or Bo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I expect Gus to make a decision on their starting Center in a few days, but who do you they go with?

It's really tough to know here, although Wiz recovering Bortles' fumble gives me a level of confidence with him. I'm not saying Bo wouldn't have done the same, but Wiz has the extra game experience in his corner. I'm thinking he starts unless Bo has shown something where they think he's flat out better. It's just I haven't noticed any real separation between the two. What do you think?

I don't really care either way. They're essentially the same guy. Stable and reliable, which is all you really need for a center.

Looked like the line was better with Wiz in there;however, Giants pass rush sucks. So I have no idea.
Not sure I noticed a difference between Bowanko and Wiz.
And what a difference a year makes. Brewster was so awful last year at this time.
I don't know if this really says anything, but maybe we should consider that Henne played lights out last week playing behind Wiz but strugged bigtime this week playing behind Bowanko. Then again, that's just what Henne does, and with Bortles in there I didn't notice any difference.

You have to factor in the different butt sizes though.

Wasn't it mentioned earlier this week that Bowanko was leading the center competition and Wiz was getting looks at guard. Did he play there any tonight?
Was it Bowanko who had the bad snap that sailed over the QB's head near the end of the game? If so that's something we really don't need when the real bullets start flying. Based solely on that I would have to go with Wiz.
Running game seemed better with Bo. Pass protection outside of the Gerhart whiff seemed a tad better with Wiz. Toss up at this point.
Quote:Wasn't it mentioned earlier this week that Bowanko was leading the center competition and Wiz was getting looks at guard. Did he play there any tonight?

Since he signed it's been known that Wiz can play G, but I hadn't heard anything about Bowanko leading the competition. Where do you think you heard this?

Quote:Since he signed it's been known that Wiz can play G, but I hadn't heard anything about Bowanko leading the competition. Where do you think you heard this?
Lageman and Boselli thought so
I think they plan on starting Cann maybe after London or so, and based on that I expect Wiz to start to give the line a veteran to lean on.
Quote:Since he signed it's been known that Wiz can play G, but I hadn't heard anything about Bowanko leading the competition. Where do you think you heard this?
Thread on this forum a few days ago. Sublime92 already filled in the blanks.
I expect Wisniewski to start just because he's been in this system before and can be a piece to lean on. I would think there is something he can contribute from this that Bowanko wouldn't be able to. Judging based on play it is a wash.

I prefer Wiz
Quote:Was it Bowanko who had the bad snap that sailed over the QB's head near the end of the game? If so that's something we really don't need when the real bullets start flying. Based solely on that I would have to go with Wiz.

That was Shatley.
Quote:That was Shatley.

Well then I'm at a loss as well. Flip a coin and go from there.
Wiz to me just looks like a marginal center.  His experience and knowledge of the offense may give him an early edge.  However, I like Bo's continued upside and size.  As a developing team looking more towards what is best for the future, I would give it to Bowanko.

I'm rooting for Bowanko if only because that will show what a great job Caldwell did with that 6th rounder he got for Gabbert!
Pages: 1 2 3