Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 2: Good, Bad, and the Ugly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good: Bortles, A. Robinson, Gerhart, Grant, O-line, Myers

Bad: Johnson, Henne, Injuries

Ugly: Penalties, 2nd-4th string defense, pass rush

Good: Bortles

Bad: No pass rush

Ugly: Injuries. Especially Benn. Hate to see that.
Alualu did more than Branch

Storm is done unless he breaks our franchise rushing record in two games

Corey Grant continues to impress me. He looks faster than Jeff Demps.

Good:  Bortles

Bad: Tuel

Ugly: Henne

Good: Bortles, Oline - decent push on run plays and protection on pass plays

Bad: WR drops

Ugly: 2nd team effort

Quote:Good: Bortles

Bad: Tuel

Ugly: Henne

If there is a list above good Tuel made it for me today.

His field goal drive at the end saved me $500 to beat my 10 1/2 point spread!

Thank God for Tuel,

I really felt comfortable with the thought of getting more out of henne against 2nd stringers.

Just shows never to underestimate henne's ability to get nothing extra out of those around him.

He makes my ugly list

Oh and I wanted to throw a brick at nick Marshall's noggin after he jumped offsides on that missed field goal,

That was incredibly ugly
Good: Bortles, DRob, Gerhart, Alualu, Myers, Walter, DL tipping passes, short yardage, Grant

Bad: Drops by just about everyone, pass rush, muffed punt (Greene), tackling

Ugly: Henne, 3rd-4th string defense, 3rd-4th string offense

Good: Bortles, O-Line, Grant, Myers, Alualu
Bad: Marshall, Harris, 2nd half secondary, drops
Ugly: No touchdowns, Sam Kouvaris' horrendous play-by-play
Context: Gender Reveal Jaguar Party

Good: My 1 1/2 year old not tearing up my friends house and actually being a decent child for an hour.  Though he tried to destroy the nut bowl by throwing them everywhere, but it was only one minor set back.

Bad: The response I got from my male friend when I asked him if he was excited about having a girl.  You would have thought he was a lawyer knowingly defending a guilty person.

Ugly: Henne, by far.  Even while being distracted by small talk, Henne's terrible play still found a way to catch my attention.  

Good: Bortles

Bad: Hurns, Tuel, pass rush, all of the depth

Ugly: Sam Kouvaris, CHenne
I think it's safe to say Stephen Morris isn't losing his job over Tuel.

Quote:I think it's safe to say Stephen Morris isn't losing his job over Tuel.
What has Morris done better than Tuel?
Quote:If there is a list above good Tuel made it for me today.

His field goal drive at the end saved me $500 to beat my 10 1/2 point spread!

Thank God for Tuel,

I really felt comfortable with the thought of getting more out of henne against 2nd stringers.

Just shows never to underestimate henne's ability to get nothing extra out of those around him.

He makes my ugly list

Oh and I wanted to throw a brick at nick Marshall's noggin after he jumped offsides on that missed field goal,

That was incredibly ugly

Why are you betting $500 on a preseason game?
Quote:Why are you betting $500 on a preseason game?
And why on the Jags??
Quote:Context: Gender Reveal Jaguar Party

Good: My 1 1/2 year old not tearing up my friends house and actually being a decent child for an hour. Though he tried to destroy the nut bowl by throwing them everywhere, but it was only one minor set back.

Bad: The response I got from my male friend when I asked him if he was excited about having a girl.
You would have thought he was a lawyer knowingly defending a guilty person.

Ugly: Henne, by far. Even while being distracted by small talk, Henne's terrible play still found a way to catch my attention.

The nut bowl incident probably affected him more than you know.
Quote:What has Morris done better than Tuel?

Good Lord, did you watch Tuel? Morris was throwing darts against the Steelers all the way downfield. Scored himself a TD too. Tuel choked the whole time out there. Was missing simple throws, not going through reads, no pocket presence, etc etc.

Quote:Good Lord, did you watch Tuel? Morris was throwing darts against the Steelers all the way downfield. Scored himself a TD to. Tuel choked the whole time out there.
Tuel got a field goal. Morris scored on a 1 yard keeper. Morris might be performing better this preseason, but I don't think 3/9 cuts it.
Quote:Tuel got a field goal. Morris scored on a 1 yard keeper. Morris might be performing better this preseason, but I don't think 3/9 cuts it.

He scored on a 1 yard keeper after taking the offense on a fairly quick drive downfield. He was consistently and progressively moving the ball.
Quote:He scored on a 1 yard keeper after taking the offense on a fairly quick drive downfield. He was consistently and progressively moving the ball.
After a huge penalty on the Steelers that took us to the 1.

overall it was a pretty poor effort by the team today.  Reveivers dropping easy balls, toby stunk, oline missed some blocks, the backups played like CFL backups.  Pretty poor effort today.

The starting offense did good things like move the ball but only came up with 9 points. 

The biggest concern is the pass rush.  I didn't see any

Pages: 1 2 3