Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Regal Cinemas Institutes Bag Checks After Theater Attacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Story

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">"Regal Cinemas has started checking bags in the wake of two separate movie theater attacks this summer.

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">The move from the country’s largest theater chain comes amid a larger debate about safety measures that has provoked calls for metal detectors and armed guards. Most major exhibitors haven’t followed suit. While National Amusements has banned backpacks in its theaters, insiders say most chains are hesitant to institute bag checks."

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">What do you all think? On the one hand I understand where they're coming from, but on the other I have an issue with people looking in my bag. I hated it when going to Jags games but sucked it up. Going to the movies? I just don't know. 

Short of Metal detectors, I betcha I could get a BB Gun in there

It's a very different world that we live in.  Think about the freedoms that we give up all in the name of "security".

Quote:It's a very different world that we live in.  Think about the freedoms that we give up all in the name of "security".
But...but...boogeyman!
People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

Ben Franklin

Quote:People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

Ben Franklin

How did you get my password?   :thumbsup:
Quote:People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

Ben Franklin
BOOM!
I would show them my CW and tell them to have a nice day.

Quote:I would show them my CW and tell them to have a nice day.
Tru dat.
Quote:It's a very different world that we live in. Think about the freedoms that we give up all in the name of "security".

Yea there's plenty of us that are more upset about the compromises made in the name of security.

But it is a different world
Cinemark better not follow suit, how the hell am I supposed to sneak in food? 

Quote:Cinemark better not follow suit, how the hell am I supposed to sneak in food? 
The same way they get cigarettes into prison?
they would be better of issuing glocks

Quote:they would be better of issuing glocks

Yes, because we all know that a bunch of armed people in a dark theater are going to stop a shooting, and not mistake someone else with a gun for the shooter.
Quote:Yes, because we all know that a bunch of armed people in a dark theater are going to stop a shooting, and not mistake someone else with a gun for the shooter.

There would be no need to shoot, for those who commit such heinous acts wouldn't go near the place.
Quote:The same way they get cigarettes into prison?

"Man, this buttered popcorn tastes funny."

"It wasn't that kind of butt."
I would say what I really think, but this is the sideline and not the political forum.
Quote:I would say what I really think, but this is the sideline and not the political forum.
It won't be the first time a story has been moved.
Quote:There would be no need to shoot, for those who commit such heinous acts wouldn't go near the place.

I'm not sure someone that is suicidal necessarily cares.
Quote:I'm not sure someone that is suicidal necessarily cares.

How many mass shootings have there been at gun shows, gun stores, and police stations vs "gun free zones" like military recruiting centers, schools, malls, and theaters? These people are rarely suicidal, they're sociopathic. They don't just want to die, they want to leave a mark when they go, and picking a hard target would prevent that.
Pages: 1 2