Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: More surprising? Beachum unsigned or Henne signed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What is it? 

Henne being signed. What's that say about Allens progress?
I'm being honest, neither one surprised me.
Quote:Henne being signed. What's that say about Allen's progress?

Brandon Allen was a sixth round pick. Nobody expected him to be the #2 QB in his second season after taking no snaps as a rookie.
Quote:Brandon Allen was a sixth round pick. Nobody expected him to be the #2 QB in his second season after taking no snaps as a rookie.

I did. So your wrong.
I'm a little more surprised by Beachum.

Still -- neither "move" is anything catastrophic. 

Henne being re-structured doesn't have to prevent the team from drafting a mid-round prospect or signing a FA back-up of higher quality. 

And Beachum may still be signed to a deal in Jax - or the team may have something cooking that lands a better tackle. 

I'm doing my best not to be upset just yet. 

Quote:Brandon Allen was a sixth round pick. Nobody expected him to be the #2 QB in his second season after taking no snaps as a rookie.

Why not? Developmental right? Do teams regularly make a habit of keeping three QBs? Did he play in the preseason? Wasn't he scout team? Someone better tell those other NFL teams that there #2 must have regular season game snaps under their belt.
Quote:I did. So your wrong.

You were in a tiny minority.
Quote:Why not? Developmental right? Do teams regularly make a habit of keeping three QBs? Did he play in the preseason? Wasn't he scout team? Someone better tell those other NFL teams that there #2 must have regular season game snaps under their belt.

Brandon Allen was not on the scout team. He was #3 on the depth chart, but inactive every week.
Beachum. It now creates our #1 need now at LT and it's a very, very thin draft class at that position. There's also very little to work with in free agency, unless there is some surprise cap casualties coming up.  

Quote:Beachum. It now creates our #1 need now at LT and it's a very, very thin draft class at that position. There's also very little to work with in free agency, unless there is some surprise cap casualties coming up.  

Our #1 need in the draft is still LG no matter what happens at LT.
Quote:Our #1 need in the draft is still LG no matter what happens at LT.

LT is the 2nd most important position on offense in my opinion, behind QB. 
Quote:LT is the 2nd most important position on offense in my opinion, behind QB. 
You are correct, J-Dub just doesn't have a clue.
Quote:LT is the 2nd most important position on offense in my opinion, behind QB. 

LG was the position where we had a revolving door. We need to find a player there who can stay healthy for 17 weeks.
Quote:Brandon Allen was not on the scout team. He was #3 on the depth chart, but inactive every week.

You don't know what a scout team is do you?
Quote:You don't know what a scout team is do you?

Ding, ding.

I'm trying not to contribute to the de-railings, but it's getting pretty annoying. 
Quote:Ding, ding.

I'm trying not to contribute to the de-railings, but it's getting pretty annoying.

Yeah, she reeled me in. I must go remove this hook now.
Quote:You don't know what a scout team is do you?

The practice squad.
Quote:LG was the position where we had a revolving door. We need to find a player there who can stay healthy for 17 weeks.

Uhhhhh........ now we have NO Left Tackle to protect the QB's blindside. LT is way more important. 
Yeah LT just became #1 on the old priority list.
Pages: 1 2 3