Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Henne signed or Beachum unsigned?
Henne signed
Beachum unsigned
[Show Results]

More surprising? Beachum unsigned or Henne signed

What is it? 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Henne being signed. What's that say about Allens progress?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I'm being honest, neither one surprised me.

Quote:Henne being signed. What's that say about Allen's progress?

Brandon Allen was a sixth round pick. Nobody expected him to be the #2 QB in his second season after taking no snaps as a rookie.

Quote:Brandon Allen was a sixth round pick. Nobody expected him to be the #2 QB in his second season after taking no snaps as a rookie.

I did. So your wrong.

I'm a little more surprised by Beachum.

Still -- neither "move" is anything catastrophic. 

Henne being re-structured doesn't have to prevent the team from drafting a mid-round prospect or signing a FA back-up of higher quality. 

And Beachum may still be signed to a deal in Jax - or the team may have something cooking that lands a better tackle. 

I'm doing my best not to be upset just yet. 

Quote:Brandon Allen was a sixth round pick. Nobody expected him to be the #2 QB in his second season after taking no snaps as a rookie.

Why not? Developmental right? Do teams regularly make a habit of keeping three QBs? Did he play in the preseason? Wasn't he scout team? Someone better tell those other NFL teams that there #2 must have regular season game snaps under their belt.

Quote:I did. So your wrong.

You were in a tiny minority.

Quote:Why not? Developmental right? Do teams regularly make a habit of keeping three QBs? Did he play in the preseason? Wasn't he scout team? Someone better tell those other NFL teams that there #2 must have regular season game snaps under their belt.

Brandon Allen was not on the scout team. He was #3 on the depth chart, but inactive every week.

Beachum. It now creates our #1 need now at LT and it's a very, very thin draft class at that position. There's also very little to work with in free agency, unless there is some surprise cap casualties coming up.  

Quote:Beachum. It now creates our #1 need now at LT and it's a very, very thin draft class at that position. There's also very little to work with in free agency, unless there is some surprise cap casualties coming up.  

Our #1 need in the draft is still LG no matter what happens at LT.

Quote:Our #1 need in the draft is still LG no matter what happens at LT.

LT is the 2nd most important position on offense in my opinion, behind QB. 

Quote:LT is the 2nd most important position on offense in my opinion, behind QB. 
You are correct, J-Dub just doesn't have a clue.

Quote:LT is the 2nd most important position on offense in my opinion, behind QB. 

LG was the position where we had a revolving door. We need to find a player there who can stay healthy for 17 weeks.

Quote:Brandon Allen was not on the scout team. He was #3 on the depth chart, but inactive every week.

You don't know what a scout team is do you?

Quote:You don't know what a scout team is do you?

Ding, ding.

I'm trying not to contribute to the de-railings, but it's getting pretty annoying. 

Quote:Ding, ding.

I'm trying not to contribute to the de-railings, but it's getting pretty annoying.

Yeah, she reeled me in. I must go remove this hook now.

Quote:You don't know what a scout team is do you?

The practice squad.

Quote:LG was the position where we had a revolving door. We need to find a player there who can stay healthy for 17 weeks.

Uhhhhh........ now we have NO Left Tackle to protect the QB's blindside. LT is way more important. 

Yeah LT just became #1 on the old priority list.