Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: An Early Scouting Report on Carolina
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
From CNNSI's MMQB's Peter King.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/07/27/nfl-t...-tour-blog

It's too bad that Fowler is out, because based upon this scouting report, Carolina's O-Line looks really vulnerable at both tackle spots.

Also, he has a segment on the height of their receivers (P.S. Does that approach sound familiar?).

This is where the emphasis on height and length at the CB spot will help pay dividends for us (hopefully).

BTW, Peter King is scheduled to be here today and will post a similar report on us today.

Quote:From CNNSI's MMQB's Peter King.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/07/27/nfl-t...-tour-blog

It's too bad that Fowler is out, because based upon this scouting report, Carolina's O-Line looks really vulnerable at both tackle spots.

Also, he has a segment on the height of their receivers (P.S. Does that approach sound familiar?).

This is where the emphasis on height and length at the CB spot will help pay dividends for us (hopefully).

BTW, Peter King is scheduled to be here today and will post a similar report on us today.

I remember the "basketball team" at receiver we had. They are only valuable in the red zone if you can actually get to the red zone. While Benjamin has been a nice addition for them, I don't see it with Devin Funchess.
Quote:I remember the "basketball team" at receiver we had. They are only valuable in the red zone if you can actually get to the red zone. While Benjamin has been a nice addition for them, I don't see it with Devin Funchess.
Exactly.  Those guys don't scare people by stretching the field.

They try to out physical you and out jump you, because they certainly won't outrun you.
Also of note, Star Lotulelei suffers foot injury.

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2015/8/3...a-panthers

I think we can hold their offense down.

Their defense, OTOH, can give us trouble if we don't have our stuff together.

I think the Jags may give em a good dose of Thomas and Lewis, with some high % short to mid range passes to the WRs. Especially as the ground game takes shape, and to ease the QB in. Wouldn't be easy to run at that line so BB and his talented pass catchers will have to make amends. Jags have the better offensive personnel, overall - sans QB - and should be able to oust em, in my view. Ds potentially even.
I believe this offense is one bonafied burner away from 25 points a game
Quote:I think the Jags may give em a good dose of Thomas and Lewis, with some high % short to mid range passes to the WRs. Especially as the ground game takes shape, and to ease the QB in. Wouldn't be easy to run at that line so BB and his talented pass catchers will have to make amends. Jags have the better offensive personnel, overall - sans QB - and should be able to oust em, in my view. Ds potentially even.
As it stands now, i don't see the Jaguars offense matching up well with the Carolina defense-the front 7 in particular.

I think the Carolina LBs, featuring Kuechly and Shaq Thompson, have the cover skills to match up with the TEs.  If Star Lotulelei is healthy, he will be a handful for the interior of the Jaguars OL-especially Bowanko.

That said, if they get the front 7 blocked, I think Bortles and the passing game will have some opportunities against that secondary.
I would have liked to have gotten them in the 2nd half of the season when Cam is banged up a little.

That LB group is down right frightening.  Best complete group in the NFL?

Quote:That LB group is down right frightening.  Best complete group in the NFL?
Could be. Even thought they play different schemes, Baltimore has a great LB core too.
So is King staying until tommorow or does he move on to the next camp?
Quote:So is King staying until tommorow or does he move on to the next camp?

Is there a practice scheduled for tomorrow? It's supposed to be an off day, isn't it?
Quote:I believe this offense is one bonafied burner away from 25 points a game
Lee could be that guy.
Quote:Lee could be that guy.

I think Hurns is that guy.
Ya, they frighteningly lost '9' games last year, with the all universe LB Corp and all. Can be had. Will be had in Jacksonville. You win by telling yourself you will, first.
Quote:Ya, they frighteningly lost '9' games last year, with the all universe LB Corp and all. Can be had. Will be had in Jacksonville. You win by telling yourself you will, first.
Well, I am not saying they are among the all time great defenses here.

I am not confusing them with the '85 Bears, early 90s Eagles, 2000 Ravens, 2002 Tampa, or Seattle the past couple of years.

But they do have talent on that front seven that can potentially give our team some issues, even with the improvements we've made on our team.
Quote:Well, I am not saying they are among the all time great defenses here.

I am not confusing them with the '85 Bears, early 90s Eagles, 2000 Ravens, 2002 Tampa, or Seattle the past couple of years.

But they do have talent on that front seven that can potentially give our team some issues, even with the improvements we've made on our team.

They really struggle in the secondary though and although Newton was banged up last year, he was wildly inconstant throughout the season, giving the ball back to the opposition quite readily (Carolina was 4th in lost Fumbles, Newton the 12 picks to 18 TD's, however they were top 5 in Time of possession)
Quote:I believe this offense is one bonafied burner away from 25 points a game

Only 10 teams in the NFL averaged 25+ per game last year.

I don't see our team as being a top 10 offensive team.  I'd settle for 21 per game ..... after being under 16 per game the past 2 seasons.
Quote:They really struggle in the secondary though and although Newton was banged up last year, he was wildly inconstant throughout the season, giving the ball back to the opposition quite readily (Carolina was 4th in lost Fumbles, Newton the 12 picks to 18 TD's, however they were top 5 in Time of possession)

I agree with you on that first point.

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top.../?p=511472

On Newton, yeah he was inconsistent.

How much of that was due to a poor OL and WRs generally?

Hopefully, we can exploit their offensive weaknesses and force him into some turnovers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5