Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What if Mariota has a better rookie year than Bortle's sorphmore year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Not trying to be negative or anything, but how would anyone here feel if at the end of week 17, Mariota has a more impressive year -- statwise and playmaking ability and performance -- than Bortle's sorphmore year?

It depends what you mean by better. If Bortles throws 26 TDs and 3500 yds, but Mariota does even better, I don't think anyone will care much.
Wouldnt care 2 different QBs on 2 different teams
a better season than bortles historically horrific year wouldnt surprise me much.
I'd kick my dog soooo hard!
I'd instantly become a Titans fan, obviously.  

What if my pancakes crapped out Ferraris?
He may. Winston too.
Quote:I'd kick my dog soooo hard!
I'm sorry but that's hilarious
Answer is obvious....

[Image: 29197.jpg]

Quote:He may. Winston too.

it's obvious that's a lot of you I want to see blake fail.
What if cats were dogs?
Quote:Answer is obvious....

[Image: 29197.jpg]
This lol!
Mariota is a soft, pretty boy.  He might show flashes but when he gets lit up (like he never was at Oregon) I don't think he's got a long shelf life in the NFL.  He fumbled 23 times in 31 games and rarely took a hit.

Quote:What if cats were dogs?
They would then be dats and cogs.
Quote:it's obvious that's a lot of you I want to see blake fail.

Not at all. Mariota and Winston, for different reasons,may have a lot of success in the league early in their career but I doubt they will be playing at Blake's level in say 3 years even. Bortles is more of a raw prospect with a higher ceiling.

That's mostly true because Mariota is a spread and run guy. Also because Winston is a nutcase and won't be consistent for more than a couple years at most.

Bortles can be a very good quarterback but he has a long, long way to go.
Mariota was in a pristine system that largely protected him at Oregon. Now I want to see how he reacts when he gets jarred multiple times a game. Blake proved he can withstand the beating and still make some plays in the 4th. Not sure Mariota is cut from the same cloth. Tennessee better protect him.
If the titans are doing it right then he won't have a very impressive rookie season because they're going to have to rebuild his game for the NFL. If they follow the RG3 in washington path then he might have a more successful rookie season but he'll never be a championship caliber QB running a college offense.

Either way it's not like it matters, we wouldn't have had a chance at either of those QBS

The things that keep some up at night...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8