Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ObamaTrade - What's going on here?

Quote:Did I hear that the TPP has passed the Senate or something like that?

The law that allows the Prez to negotiate trade deals passed the senate, not TPP.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I have 1000 Atari 2600s laying around, so I guess I should be able to begin making some good money in the video game industry.

There's your supply side economics. I find it fascinating when a conservative talks about economics when it's clear they ignore the basic fundamentals of economics.

Demand drives the economy. Go read an econ book.

Your lack of faith in representative democracy and our government is typical. So then what would be the alternative? Have the corporations and wealthy run the country?

I'll pass on that governmental model.

I find it very interesting that you don't even know that you just proved my point and don't even realize it.  lol.  

I have no problem with representative democracy.  I simply pointed out that just because you support representative democracy doesn't mean that you have to rubber stamp any idiotic idea that 250 people sign off on. 

We're all still waiting on the link to show that the progressive income tax system is the main driver of the economy.

Quote:I find it very interesting that you don't even know that you just proved my point and don't even realize it. lol.

I have no problem with representative democracy. I simply pointed out that just because you support representative democracy doesn't mean that you have to rubber stamp any idiotic idea that 250 people sign off on.

We're all still waiting on the link to show that the progressive income tax system is the main driver of the economy.

Wow, I feel bad for you...

I'll keep this short, cuz I'm worried about how well you comprehend long paragraphs...

Demand drives the economy.

No need for a link. It's in any econ text book. Pick one up.

Quote:Wow, I feel bad for you...

I'll keep this short, cuz I'm worried about how well you comprehend long paragraphs...

And exactly how does a progressive income tax increase demand?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:And exactly how does a progressive income tax increase demand?

It increases Leftist demand that wealthy people pay for more of their failed social programs.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Wow, I feel bad for you...

Supply also drives demand in many instances, that's what comes from invention vs innovation. For instance, there was no demand for Smartphones in 1990 because they didn't exist. Once they were developed (supply from invention) then people decided they wanted them (demand). Now the smartphone market is diversified by innovation where demand now drives supply. It's not as simple as either one exclusively drives the other.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2015, 11:42 AM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:And exactly how does a progressive income tax increase demand?
Exactly, poor jj has no idea what conversations are going on.

I never said taxes of any kind drive the economy or increase demand.

He's lost in multiple different discussions and is putting two separate discussions into a Frankenstein monster of nonsensical rhetoric.

Again, I said demand drives the economy, not supply.

The discussion of taxes is a different topic we were also discussing

Quote:Supply also drives demand in many instances, that's what comes from invention vs innovation. For instance, there was no demand for Smartphones in 1990 because they didn't exist. Once they were developed (supply from invention) then people decided they wanted them (demand). Now the smartphone market is diversified by innovation where demand now drives supply. It's not as simple as either one exclusively drives the other.

Entrepreneurship is what you are taking about. That has nothing to do with basic fundamental issues regarding the supply / demand curve...

But I get your point.

Quote:Wll, the theory goes that those making a higher amount are gaining access to and using more of the resources of the nation/state.  It's a pretty common tax theory.  Whether you believe that or not, it seemed to work out pretty well.  

Also, to Eric...  The amount of taxes really doesn't matter, does it?  It's the theory of whether or not to tax.

Are you trying to purposely leave out the main point of my post?  Taxation with representation.  So I clearly have stated that it's a democratic (or at least on paper it is) process to determine taxation levels and what is and is not taxed.  Something that has been codified in our Constitution.

Of course, now a days, taxation loopholes are provided to the upper half.  

I have no problem with the legislative process.  Not sure where you got that whole thing from.  To me, it's clear that supply side economics is a joke.  Demand drives the economy, not supply.

You may not like a progressive tax, but it keeps the economy going.  

Also, the fairness discussion was based on drug testing poor welfare reciepients.

In terms of taxes, I think a different discussion occurs.  Obviously nobody likes taxes.  A progressive tax system, may not necessarily be "Fair" to the rich.  A flat tax would not be "fair" to the poor.

But the point is that taxes are necessary.  Unless you can prove to me that we can maintain this nation without them.  Let me know if that's possible.  

Quote:Exactly, poor jj has no idea what conversations are going on.

I never said taxes of any kind drive the economy or increase demand.

He's lost in multiple different discussions and is putting two separate discussions into a Frankenstein monster of nonsensical rhetoric.

Again, I said demand drives the economy, not supply.

The discussion of taxes is a different topic we were also discussing

when you make up your mind give me a call.  More importantly, if you are going to attack someones ability to comprehend long paragraphs and tell them to go read a book, then you better darn well be able to recall your own POSTS!  And we are still waiting to hear the explanation of the quote from the top quote that the progressive tax system is whats "keeping the economy going."

Second, as for the Supply versus demand discussion there is no debate.  Why is there no debate?  Because you can't eat money.  Money is simply a promise to be compensated with goods and or services of an agreed value.  The only way to truly increase the wealth of a nation, increase quality of life for the average citizen and keep prices in check is to increase the overall amount of resources produced by and available to said country.  Simply increasing the supply of money chasing a finite amount of resources is called inflation which doesn't help the economy as a whole, just the ultra billionaires who short the dollar but that's another discussion.  

In the case of the atari's 1.) I clearly stated that Supply that creates or has intrinsic value creates demand!  2.) the atari's became devalued, why?  because of an inordinate increase in the money supply, low interest rates, maybe a 3 thousand page bill of regulations and mandates passed by the congress, or was it free market forces in the form of competing supply to fit the niche of gaming entertainment.  In a sane world, we would be taught these concepts from childhood, instead we are left with people thinking that the only way goods come to market is through the magic wand of 535 people in Washington DC!

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2015, 10:51 PM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:You do realize that you are "already wealthy", right? Globally you're a 1%er and the deck is stacked in your favor.
Well I am fine sure but I was not talking about me and you knew that. 

in my opinion 100% of people abuse EBT.