Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dear Coach Bradley ...

Nah, not really. Doesn't matter if it's relegation or not. It's about success, and his Fulham team and Jaguar team have had none and Shad Khan is not comfortable as a loser.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Nah, not really. Doesn't matter if it's relegation or not. It's about success, and his Fulham team and Jaguar team have had none and Shad Khan is not comfortable as a loser.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

Sure it matters.   If the Jags had been in danger of relegation to some sub-NFL league of play that immediately slices revenue to a fraction of what it was - Shad would have never signed off on Caldwell's long term plan -- and he would have made changes already. 

Instead - w/o relegation and the hiring of Lamping - Khan was able to increase revenue while continuing to lose. 

Relegation and the revenue it represents in PL soccer is absolutely the reason for his different approaches to these franchises. 

Quote:The NFL doesn't have relegation   --  Rendering the two situations worlds apart. 

Not sure why some people cannot grasp this.

....you have to win 2 of the first 4 to really have any chance at the playoffs.  Start by winning the first one.

Going for it on 4th down doesn't make you a 'master'.  Having the play prepared that will succeed in said situation is what makes the difference.

Jumping up and down is for the girls with the pom-poms.  Stay above the fray.

Interesting thing about Hall of Fame Head Coach Chuck Noll his first three seasons with the Steelers was 12-30 in fact Gus Bradley would only have to get five wins to tie him this year.

When Chuck Noll went into his fourth season they won 11 games, in fact 10 or more each of the five seasons there after with two Superbowl championships which came  year six and seven.

What I am saying is maybe as fans in a time where we want instant gratification we are being too harsh on Gus Bradley.

I mean the season hasn't started, and yet many want to know when the owner will fire him.

The OLine has improved in the offseason, Dave Caldwell got Thomas in Free Agency despite injuries which happen in the NFL the team is improving... lets at least wait until preseason is over before making these types of threads.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Interesting thing about Hall of Fame Head Coach Chuck Noll his first three seasons with the Steelers was 12-30 in fact Gus Bradley would only have to get five wins to tie him this year.

When Chuck Noll went into his fourth season they won 11 games, in fact 10 or more each of the five seasons there after with two Superbowl championships which came  year six and seven.

What I am saying is maybe as fans in a time where we want instant gratification we are being too harsh on Gus Bradley.

I mean the season hasn't started, and yet many want to know when the owner will fire him.

The OLine has improved in the offseason, Dave Caldwell got Thomas in Free Agency despite injuries which happen in the NFL the team is improving... lets at least wait until preseason is over before making these types of threads.

I'll say this 1st -> There was no free agency in the 1970's so teams had to be patient.  The era of instant gratification came about with free agency and watching teams turn things around in a few years.

Here's how I feel -> This roster still sucks for the most part when looking at their potential to win in 2015.  The future looks decent once the players gain additional experience and get healthy.   That said, I honestly don't think a coaching staff of Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Bill Belichik, and Bill Cowher could win more than 6 games in 2015 with the current roster.  I say 4 wins this year and 7 next year.

Quote:The NFL doesn't have relegation   --  Rendering the two situations worlds apart. 

Wish we did.

Imagine the rivalry we could have established with FSU and UF; not to mention Blakes return home to face UCF.

Quote:Wish we did.

Imagine the rivalry we could have established with FSU and UF; not to mention Blakes return home to face UCF.

I'm not sure winning by 100 points every game would be much of a rivalry.