Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Miami Herald mentions Zane Beadles is a player the Dolphins could be interested in

I could see a player for player trade working out. It just depends on who is offered up in a trade.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Beadles has not been worth the $6m per year contract they signed him for.  He's due $5m this year, split between base and roster bonus, with 4 total years left on his deal.  If Miami offers something of value, I would listen.   Wis, Bowanko, Paz, Williams or someone else can be a backup guard. I think Cann is going to beat him out.    

At worst he's good depth.  With all the cap room we have he should stay a Jaguar this year.

The article is purely the beat writer's thoughts, and is not based on any person's comments within the Dolphin's organization. 

The Dolphins currently have the worst salary cap situation in the NFL for the 2016 season.   They have been a highly impulsive organization in recent seasons.   Trading for Zane Beadles when there are veteran Guard options available that would cost far less than Beadles cap wise ( and no trade compensation )  would be yet another highly questionable decision on their part.  

The fact is... Beadles was surrounded by fairly inexperienced players last season and wasn't able to hold things together single handedly on the line as much as was perhaps hoped. Perhaps this was a rather unreasonable expectation given the circumstances. This season, the people around him on the line are more experienced so it would seem not unreasonable to hope for a better performance from the man. If it proves that he just isn't up to the task, for whatever reason, then it's time to move on; but let's see what he can do here when the men around him are (hopefully) a little more improved.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:The fact is... Beadles was surrounded by fairly inexperienced players last season and wasn't able to hold things together single handedly on the line as much as was perhaps hoped. Perhaps this was a rather unreasonable expectation given the circumstances. This season, the people around him on the line are more experienced so it would seem not unreasonable to hope for a better performance from the man. If it proves that he just isn't up to the task, for whatever reason, then it's time to move on; but let's see what he can do here when the men around him are (hopefully) a little more improved.

What that logic it just means he is not good enough to do his job. If Tony Boselli was playing with inexperienced players he would still be dominant.

Beadles is not good which is why his replacement was drafted.

I think there have been talks of moving him, just not official yet.

Quote:You just dont pay somebody big money to be a back up. You either restructure, trade, or cut ties.
When you have $800 zillion in cap room and a roster short of experienced players at key positions, paying the man is not the worst idea.

Quote:I don't see Beadles on the chopping block at all.  Not like we have a ton of guard depth.
Not to mention, now that we are starting to get some good players, we might try keeping them... at least until the younguns behind them are ready and nor being forced into starting

I'm not a fan of losing any offensive line depth. He played OK as the season went on. Keep him unless someone offers something like a 4th rounder or higher, which just isn't happening.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Hackulation:

Useless fluff picked up by regurgitative sites, hackulation occurs most commonly when local
beat stiff..urrr..writers get a text from their editor saying you better have something

in my Inbox in the next 5 minutes or your next gig revolves around fries. Unfortunately the same level of journalistic excellence is practised at said sites.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:When you have $800 zillion in cap room and a roster short of experienced players at key positions, paying the man is not the worst idea.

Its all about the money. You dont pay starter money to a back up. You restructure.

If Beadles hangs around as a career back up, he will get less money. Unless he declines, then he will be let go.

Its just how the business works. Now is not the time to pee money in the wind just because we are under the cap by a large amount.

There is always time to be smart with your money.

Its like everyone that goes to dinner or goes out to a club on pay day and they are struggling for gas money or lunch money by the time they get their next paycheck.