Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A J Cann & T J Yelton Signing

I know both will probably sign today or tomorrow but with the NFLPA rookie salary contract agreement is there really much wiggle room or wording than any draft pick can gain an advantage by holding out or delaying signing. I also get this is real money for these draft picks. Are they attending and participating in this weeks OTA? Go Jags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I know both will probably sign today or tomorrow but with the NFLPA rookie salary contract agreement is there really much wiggle room or wording than any draft pick can gain an advantage by holding out or delaying signing. I also get this is real money for these draft picks. Go Jags
There's no real wiggle room under the current CBA for rookies.  I don't expect to see either guy holding out.  There's no point.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Agree with FBT, since the rookie slotted-salary was passed their really isn't any dollar figure wiggle room.  The only small piece is the team offset language, but that really only affects the top 10 picks or so.  This is why Mariota hasn't signed yet: Jameis agreed to offset language, and Fowler signed a deal without it, so I assume his agent is trying to belay the offset in Mariota's contract.

Odds are the only reason the last 2 haven't signed is because the team hasn't gotten around to it.  There was a lull in the organization as people take time off between the draft and OTAs.  We'll probably hear soon about the final 2 signings.  

The fact that they've got all but 2 of their draft picks signed and we're still in the month of May is a good indication that the slotting system works.  These last 2 will get done long before there's any reason for concern. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I'd rather worry...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I'd rather worry...

Nothing concerns me more than a lack of information. With every passing moment, another gray hair emerges.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2015, 01:13 PM by Bon Jagley.)

Is this the point in the offseason where TMD would post a thread concerned that a draft pick hadn't signed yet?

;

;

I love how we've gotten to the point where people are concerned because draft picks haven't signed in late May. Remember when we used to not worry at all until mid July? Tongue

Quote:Is this the point in the offseason where TMD would post a thread concerned that a draft pick hadn't signed yet?

No, but it is the point where I don't care about his opinion on it.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Has Cann signed yet?

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2015, 06:25 AM by leopold332002.)

we'll be fine and everything will work itself out

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Has Cann signed yet?
nope

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:I know both will probably sign today or tomorrow but with the NFLPA rookie salary contract agreement is there really much wiggle room or wording than any draft pick can gain an advantage by holding out or delaying signing. I also get this is real money for these draft picks. Are they attending and participating in this weeks OTA? Go Jags

There isn't wiggle room as far as yearly salary is concerned and signing bonus.  What they're probably working out are the workout bonus stuff.  I heard them hit on this on 1010xl

Quote:nope

I'm not worried, but it is kind of odd to have the 3rd round pick as the only unsigned rookie.

Quote:I'm not worried, but it is kind of odd to have the 3rd round pick as the only unsigned rookie.

Only 12 picks left from 2015 draft left to sign...4 from 1st, 2 from 2nd, and 6 from 3rd round.