Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mumford And Sons, Wilder Mind

Overall not a fan of the singles being released. I did find the first one I liked though, Snake Eyes. It has the feel and sound of their older stuff which is what drew me to them to begin with. Not sure why they felt the need to go away from what made them so big to begin with.

Hoping they make another album and go back to their roots!

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I agree, I'm having a hard time liking this Coldplay sound.

I liked them a lot when they came out hadn't heard their new stuff but just looked up this single love it.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I liked them a lot when they came out hadn't heard their new stuff but just looked up this single love it.
You talking about Snake Eyes?

;

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2015, 02:10 PM by EricC85.)

Quote:You talking about Snake Eyes?

I'm listening to the album I guess it's on youtube I just searched Wilder Mind Mumford and Sons

I remember liking the 2 or 3 songs on the radio a few years ago, but never heard much from them after that.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

The more I listen to the new stuff the more I've come to like it.  It's not nearly as close to Coldplay as when I first hear it.

The concert in St Augustine was absolutely amazing.  Wish they came a tad bit closer.  Couldn't pull off any of the stops.

I'm digging The Wolf. I think it's my favorite right now. 

Quote:I agree, I'm having a hard time liking this Coldplay sound.

I guess I can sort of hear the Coldplay sound in their new stuff, but I think the writing is significantly better.   

I haven't heard the whole Wilder Mind album yet, but the couple of songs they put out there in iTunes were good enough that I've pre-ordered it.  It'll also be the first piece of new vinyl I've bought in decades.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Overall not a fan of the singles being released. I did find the first one I liked though, Snake Eyes. It has the feel and sound of their older stuff which is what drew me to them to begin with. Not sure why they felt the need to go away from what made them so big to begin with.

Hoping they make another album and go back to their roots!

I've heard stuff like this before and honestly, you have to appreciate the artistic journey and risk an artist is worth taking which may sound different than their base album. Instead of comparing it to their last album, listen to it without worrying about the name. 

Quote:I've heard stuff like this before and honestly, you have to appreciate the artistic journey and risk an artist is worth taking which may sound different than their base album. Instead of comparing it to their last album, listen to it without worrying about the name. 
I can appreciate them taking a risk and still not like it. The two are not related. I am not comparing to their last album, I am comparing it to the style that made them what they are and what drew me to them. The artistic liberty they took with that album isn't my cup of tea, and that is ok. 

I just hope thy go back to their roots for at least one more album. 

;

They're putting out a more radio friendly, more produced album than they've previously had.  Bands do that as they start to grow their following.  It's part of the evolution.  Nobody wants to listen to the same album over and over and over again from bands every time they put out a new one.  If they don't evolve, they wither on the vine. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:They're putting out a more radio friendly, more produced album than they've previously had.  Bands do that as they start to grow their following.  It's part of the evolution.  Nobody wants to listen to the same album over and over and over again from bands every time they put out a new one.  If they don't evolve, they wither on the vine. 

I thought they were going to do a more rock album and the first single release especially is a little too Coldplay for me.  

Believe is where I wish they were going through the whole album.  

I'd still pay over $200 to see them live....they put on a great show, but I've heard they are only doing their new album at their shows now.  They aren't playing any of the old stuff...which is terrible for the fans.

Make that two songs now that I like. The new release is really good. "Hot Gates"
;

Quote:Make that two songs now that I like. The new release is really good. "Hot Gates"

Yeah, I'm digging that one as well.

Yeah, "Hot Gates" is a great track. 

Quote:Yeah, "Hot Gates" is a great track. 
Didn't know another single was out. This cut is fantastic. 

They've been slow walking new songs out one at a time.  The entire album drops next week.

Loved their first album. Thought their second was meh.

Apparently they are now having concerts where they mix their new with the old.  Probably a good idea....makes me want to go see them again.

"Tompkins Square Park".... :down: No thank you.

;