Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clinton Cash

Quote:You should do some research on Chris Christie. Also, how Halliburton got rich off the Bush Iraq war is pretty despicable... oh and Scott walker and the kochs is also interesting.

Money in politics is dangerous on both sides...

Again, I can't stand the Clintons either, but to think they are head and shoulders above the rest is to just admit the others haven't been outed to this extent. They are all tainted, the media just chooses to look the other way.

I mean the billionaire primaries on the republican side is just as bad...

Koch and addleson (sp?) Basically have all the republicans come and beg for their money. You don't think there is a quid pro quo going on there???

It's amazing how Democrats dismiss this stuff.  It confirms my opinion that people believe what they want to believe.  

Whose spouse gets $500,000 speaker fees from people who want to influence the other spouse?   That is brazenly corrupt, way beyond what I see with anyone else.   How can you not see this?  

And the excuse that she's no worse than anyone else, doesn't hold water with me.   This is WAY worse than anything I've ever seen. 

I know the Republicans are corrupt, but the corruption I see with them is different.  The corruption I see with them is in the form of campaign contributions.   What the Clintons are doing is outright bribery.   This isn't campaign contributions, it's money going straight into their pocket. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2015, 08:56 AM by The_Anchorman.)

Whose really dismissing? Campaign contributions are not a form of bribery? Come on, I just don't buy that...

As Michael Corleone said, "we're all part of the same hypocrisy, senator"

Two points from noted political philosopher Bob Dylan:

"While preachers preach of evil fates 

Teachers teach that knowledge waits

Can lead to hundred dollar plates

Goodness hides behind its gates

But even the president of the United States

Sometimes must have

To stand naked."

and

"Old lady judges watch people in pairs

Limited in sex, they dare

To push fake morals, insult and stare

While money doesn't talk, it swears

Obscenity, who really cares

Propaganda, all is phony." 

From It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) copyright 1965, 1966 by M. Witmark & Sons

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

I think the they are all doing it is a cop out. This is about Clinton. If it is wrong then it is wrong. Other people doing it or not doing it doesn't make it any less wrong if these things are true. If you have dirt on someone else then create a thread on them and discuss what applies to them.

Quote:I think the they are all doing it is a cop out. This is about Clinton. If it is wrong then it is wrong. Other people doing it or not doing it doesn't make it any less wrong if these things are true. If you have dirt on someone else then create a thread on them and discuss what applies to them.

I think a lot of people like to throw around the word corruption when talking about politicians - without ever defining what that means.

Some on here like to play the "let's find the perfect candidate" game. I prefer that we act like adults and understand that to be a meaningful politician you have to compromise at times, you have to take responsibility for policy positions, and yes, you have to ask (beg) for money.

But it's a lot more fun, and a lot safer, to look for the Perfect One.

When talking about Clinton I'd sure like to see people state who they think didn't have to work with the devil to get to be governor or Senator or whatever. This holier than thou about Clinton gets old and people tune it out. I don't think you'll see too many threads re others (except maybe Jeb - because he's to be feared as he's not pure) because the whole idea is to feel good about ourselves because we think the Clintons are sleazy. Such cutting edge insight.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2015, 08:35 AM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:I think a lot of people like to throw around the word corruption when talking about politicians - without ever defining what that means.

Some on here like to play the "let's find the perfect candidate" game. I prefer that we act like adults and understand that to be a meaningful politician you have to compromise at times, you have to take responsibility for policy positions, and yes, you have to ask (beg) for money.

When talking about Clinton I'd sure like to see people state who they think didn't have to work with the devil to get to be governor or Senator or whatever. This holier than thou about Clinton gets old and people tune it out. I don't think you'll see too many threads re others (except maybe Jeb - because he's to be feared as he's not pure) because the whole idea is to feel good about ourselves because we think the Clintons are sleazy. Such cutting edge insight.

Sticking out your hand for a campaign contribution is perfectly normal and legal.   Sticking out your hand for money that goes into your own pocket is taking it to another level.   Since Bill Clinton left office, he has garnered about $100 million in speaker fees.  Why would anyone get paid $500,000 to make a speech?   Why would someone with business before the State Department give Bill Clinton $500,000 to make a speech?  

Why would a country (Algeria) with business before the State Department donate $500,000 to the Clinton Foundation, when they have never given before or since?  

Why would Mrs Clinton fail to disclose contributions to the foundation that came from foreign governments, when she had pledged to do so if she became Secretary of State?  

Quote:Sticking out your hand for a campaign contribution is perfectly normal and legal.   Sticking out your hand for money that goes into your own pocket is taking it to another level.   Since Bill Clinton left office, he has garnered about $100 million in speaker fees.  Why would anyone get paid $500,000 to make a speech?   Why would someone with business before the State Department give Bill Clinton $500,000 to make a speech?  

Why would a country (Algeria) with business before the State Department donate $500,000 to the Clinton Foundation, when they have never given before or since?  

Why would Mrs Clinton fail to disclose contributions to the foundation that came from foreign governments, when she had pledged to do so if she became Secretary of State?  

Again, the Clintons are probably THE most corrupt politicians ever.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I think a lot of people like to throw around the word corruption when talking about politicians - without ever defining what that means.

If what she is accused of is true then I hope you don't feel the way you do above. I think it is being discussed because a book came out which highlights very questionable things and the New York Times, a liberal leaning paper, also did a story on it. This isn't some internet blog.

Quote:Sticking out your hand for a campaign contribution is perfectly normal and legal. Sticking out your hand for money that goes into your own pocket is taking it to another level. Since Bill Clinton left office, he has garnered about $100 million in speaker fees. Why would anyone get paid $500,000 to make a speech? Why would someone with business before the State Department give Bill Clinton $500,000 to make a speech?

Only way to describe Adams response is absurd.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2015, 01:00 PM by Adam2012.)

Quote:Only way to describe Adams response is absurd.

I think you need to learn a little more about how the game is really played.

So how is my response "absurd"? If you are shocked at the actions of the Clintons you are easily shocked. This has been going on for quite same time. Do you really think veteran Washington observers aren't familiar with this story? Fact is, like sports stars, if you win you get away with more stuff than do losers.

The Clintons are sleazy, No kidding! Your guy may be sleazy too. Whose money is behind Ted Cruz (for example)? It just seems to me that politics is a lot like college football - if you want to be a fan you better be willing to look the other way.

Quote:I think you need to learn a little more about how the game is really played.

So how is my response "absurd"? If you are shocked at the actions of the Clintons you are easily shocked. This has been going on for quite same time. Do you really think veteran Washington observers aren't familiar with this story? Fact is, like sports stars, if you win you get away with more stuff than do losers.

The Clintons are sleazy, No kidding! Your guy may be sleazy too. Whose money is behind Ted Cruz (for example)? It just seems to me that politics is a lot like college football - if you want to be a fan you better be willing to look the other way.

What? We need more people bringing it all into the light and forcing change not simply sayings politicians will be politicians.........

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I agree, Eric. But Adam's point is correct. Acting as though Hillary is now unelectable because of this and not pointing the light at the donors of other candidates is either ignorant or intellectually dishonest.

Quote:I agree, Eric. But Adam's point is correct. Acting as though Hillary is now unelectable because of this and not pointing the light at the donors of other candidates is either ignorant or intellectually dishonest.

No one's ignoring other candidates, the guy who wrote this book causing the uproar is writing a book on Jeb Bush next. Adam is saying this is par the course for politicians and we should just accept it's how the game is played. I disagree strongly, it might be par the course but we shouldn't accept it we should push for more investigative reports like this and hold those discovered accountable.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:What? We need more people bringing it all into the light and forcing change not simply sayings politicians will be politicians.........

I don't think that money in politics is exactly headline news, that's my point. And people with a vested interest are acting shocked, shocked!, that the Clintons are involved with raising and spending money. They all do - to a lesser or greater extent. That's all.

And I'm with you - I want it all in the open. I have no problem with the recent Supreme Court decision. Anything less is a restriction of political speech, that free speech thing mentioned in the Bill of Rights. Just make it very transparent who is giving it and where it's coming from. Don't hide behind some Committee for the Fair Blah Blah Blah.

And don't act like Bill and Hilary are the Devil just because they are not conservative enough for North Florida. There is a lot of money going to Ted and Rand and Jeb and I don't see the same amount of angst being expressed.

My donor is a concerned citizen. Yours is a sleazoid looking for a favor. Or something like that.

Quote:No one's ignoring other candidates, the guy who wrote this book causing the uproar is writing a book on Jeb Bush next. Adam is saying this is par the course for politicians and we should just accept it's how the game is played. I disagree strongly, it might be par the course but we shouldn't accept it we should push for more investigative reports like this and hold those discovered accountable.

I disagree too.  We shouldn't just accept it.  Political policy should not be something that can be bought and sold as a commodity as it currently is.  Grassroots campaigns are about the only thing that's going to help push toward change.  Why should we accept if?  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.