Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any finance gurus here?

Quote:I'm not really getting this.

Colorado has ruined so many jokes for me

He doesn't live in Colorado...I don't think his state is as liberal as yours is. :no:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He doesn't live in Colorado...I don't think his state is as liberal as yours is. :no:

Looking at the Broncos forum you would think otherwise. It's not all weed, hippies, and polyamourus couples.

Quote:Looking at the Broncos forum you would think otherwise. It's not all weed, hippies, and polyamourus couples.

He's in Tennessee...take out the hippy part and you have so many Tennesse family reunions! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:In this economy, and the way the housing market is, staying at home is becoming a better economic solution. 

But this is so un-American.  We need to get out on our own, buy nice things, run up our charge cards, then default on payment.

Quote:It's popular in other countries to live with parents until married. I just enjoy the living in your mom's basement jokes. When I was 13 I moved to the basement and finally moved out when I enlisted.

Other countries have much stricter loan requirements (e.g. minimum of 40% down on a house).  We were looking to invest in a beachfront condo in Puerto Vallarta Mexico and the complex was going to take 2-years to build.  The owner required monthly payments (amortized equally for 24 month) that would total 100% of the cost of the condo.   These types of restrictions force multiple generations of a family to live together for lengthy periods of time.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2015, 09:49 AM by Dark Passenger.)

Quote:I completely respect Dark, and everyone's situation is different, but you've got to admit his post didn't come across so much of staying at home to save for the future as it did of Yay...I'm still living at home so I don't have to worry about these grown up things yet!
Pretty much. I mean, I have a full-time job and pay for plenty of my own things and I could probably afford an apartment of my own, but Miami isn't exactly a cheap place to live either. I'm not sure I want to have my own place here. I'd rather save up the money and move elsewhere when I get the chance. Easier said than done when you have a decent job though. But I'd also be (partly) lying if I said I actually want to move out. Most of the time I'm cool with living at home, but there are days I wish I didn't.

By the way, I didn't mean for my post to take this thread in a different direction.

Quote:By the way, I didn't mean for my post to take this thread in a different direction.

We can only talk so much finance.  Thread was dying ....  you kept it alive :thanks:

Anymore personal information you want to share in effort to get this us to 20 pages by the end of the day? 

Quote:Pretty much. I mean, I have a full-time job and pay for plenty of my own things and I could probably afford an apartment of my own, but Miami isn't exactly a cheap place to live either. I'm not sure I want to have my own place here. I'd rather save up the money and move elsewhere when I get the chance. Easier said than done when you have a decent job though. But I'd also be (partly) lying if I said I actually want to move out. Most of the time I'm cool with living at home, but there are days I wish I didn't.

By the way, I didn't mean for my post to take this thread in a different direction.

I don't blame you, life's expensive if you can get a leg up go for it.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:We can only talk so much finance.  Thread was dying ....  you kept it alive :thanks:

Anymore personal information you want to share in effort to get this us to 20 pages by the end of the day? 
Well, what else would you like to know?

Quote:I don't blame you, life's expensive if you can get a leg up go for it.

Did i tell you guys about my vacation home on Hilton Head Island that was an inheritance?

Quote:Did i tell you guys about my vacation home on Hilton Head Island that was an inheritance?

Good for you someone in your family worked hard to give you that inheritance make sure you appreciate that.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Interest rates are at an all time low...less money down and more in the stock market.

The stock market is at an all time high.   This is not the time to buy stocks.  

The stock market is a gamble. Property values, although they took a beating 2008-2010, are a solid investment. Afterall, they ain't making any more land but are always making more people.

Addtionally, in the State of Florida creditors can't take your home from you if times get really bad. As long as you make your mortgage payments and property taxes, you can live in your house.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag