Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Parents Offer Unemployed Son $250K to Move Out And Never Contact Them Again

Parents Offer Unemployed Son $250K to Move Out And Never Contact Them Again

An unemployed man went to social media site Reddit to seek advice from fellow users on how to invest money.

“I’ve been 'bought off' by my parents,” the man posted. "They told me I am no longer welcome to live with them, and I guess in some sort of twisted way of not feeling bad about it, they are giving me $250,000 to not contact them ever again."

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/p...them-again

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Okay, so they don't want him to live with them anymore, understandable I guess... But to NEVER contact them again?? That's pretty brutal unless he's not telling the whole story.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Okay, so they don't want him to live with them anymore, understandable I guess... But to NEVER contact them again?? That's pretty brutal unless he's not telling the whole story.

I'm guessing he's pretty unbearable at this point.

I wish people would give me $250k to go away. Instead, I just get a boot up my tailpipe.

Quote:I'm guessing he's pretty unbearable at this point.

No doubt.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I wish people would give me $250k to go away. Instead, I just get a boot up my tailpipe.
In some countries people will pay good money to put a boot up your tailpipe. Or anyone's tailpipe for that matter. 

Most people unemployed right now don't want to be employed. There's work it's just not what people want to do right now, this guy has probably been mooching off them for a while. 250k go buy a house and a car cash with 100k stick the rest in the bank and get a damn job. No mortgage or car payment it doesn't even matter if it's a mcdonalds he'd be fine.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Most people unemployed right now don't want to be employed. There's work it's just not what people want to do right now, this guy has probably been mooching off them for a while. 250k go buy a house and a car cash with 100k stick the rest in the bank and get a damn job. No mortgage or car payment it doesn't even matter if it's a mcdonalds he'd be fine.

Maybe you can buy a house and a car in your area for about 100k, but in MY area a small town house is 200K.........

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

Quote:Maybe you can buy a house and a car in your area for about 100k, but in MY area a small town house is 200K.........

Then I'd tell him to move to an area where you can buy a house and car for 100k

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Maybe you can buy a house and a car in your area for about 100k, but in MY area a small town house is 200K.........
Even still, buy a small town house for $200,000. No mortgage. It's his. 50,000 left for a car. Get a job as suggested, even flipping burgers and he'd be just fine.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"