Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Three of America’s fastest growing beer brands are foreign

Quote:Haven't tried them yet, I'll have to stop in soon!
I'm not sure what Senor means by greater Jax area but Grasslands is based in Tallahassee. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have a very fleeting grasp of Florida geography. 

Quote:I have a very fleeting grasp of Florida geography. 
That's okay. As far as I know outside of politics no one cares about Tallahassee. It's a lot like Washington DC in that matter. 

Quote:I have a very fleeting grasp of Florida geography.

Tallahassee is close enough it's about 4 hours west of jax
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Tallahassee is close enough it's about 4 hours west of jax
That's cross country and back for me. 

Quote:Tallahassee is close enough it's about 4 hours west of jax

That might be stretching "greater Jax area" a bit but still:

Grasslands! Find yours today!

Coors is kind-of Canadian now since they merged with Molson.   I will drink Molson Canadian from time to time and I like Coors. I drink Coors Light in the summer as well. 

Yuengling is a good American beer, and they make a harder to find brew called Yuengling Premium that I really dig. 

Another massed produced American beer that PBR folks up north often gravitate toward is Narragansett Lager.  Rhode Island brewery that ships lots of 16oz cans. It's not bad at all. 

On the Mexican beer angle - I prefer Pacifico and Bohemia.  

Quote:That's ironic, because Fat Tire Ale, the beer I referred to which I really liked, comes from a company called New Belgium Brewing Company. It's located in... wait for it... Asheville, North Carolina!

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.newbelgium.com/Beer.aspx'>http://www.newbelgium.com/Beer.aspx</a>

You can get it in Publix.

New Belgium is definitely Colorado. I used to drink a ton of Fat Tire in college. Now I live in Portland Oregon aka Beervana. You have to really try hard to find bad beer in these parts. Deschutes, Rogue, Elysian, Ninkasi...beer game is legit round these parts.

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2015, 07:48 AM by EricC85.)

Quote:That's cross country and back for me.

Little country that's so cute
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Miller High Life..

$2.99 for a 4 pack of tall cans.. After 2 beers, they all start to taste the same to me anyway..

I dont mind that PBR is now a russkie beer.. As long as it still does the job..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:New Belgium is definitely Colorado. I used to drink a ton of Fat Tire in college. Now I live in Portland Oregon aka Beervana. You have to really try hard to find bad beer in these parts. Deschutes, Rogue, Elysian, Ninkasi...beer game is legit round these parts.

You couldn't get New Belgium in Florida before the NC brewery opened. I used to get it from family in Texas, but we can, fortunately, get it locally now.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2015, 10:39 AM by carlo.)

Quote:BOW DOWN TO YOUR NEW DUTCH OVERLORDS!

My favourite Dutch brewery is Brouwerij De Molen.