Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where are they now?

Quote:You mean a player agent?

No...I mean a financial advisor. Not getting the contracts from the teams...showing them how to invest the money so they aren't broke when they finish playing.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Isn't Kyle Brady a financial advisor and lawyer or something now working with players to make them smarter with their money?
There's quite a few of them that have gone into that field post-football.  He started out as a financial adviser while he was attending law school at Florida Coastal School of Law here in Jacksonville.  It sounds like he's gone into the business of trying to help NFL players avoid making bad decisions with their money by investing in risky ventures.  I think he took to the idea when he was still a player and a rep with the NFLPA.  He got involved in the program offered by the league to assist players in managing their money. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I used to see Big Sofa running practices for the football team at Seacoast Christian Academy, but that was a couple of years ago.  They'd practice right in front of the school on the Arlington Expressway.  I don't think he's the head coach up there any longer. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Didn't Garrard open some franchise gym?  I vaguely remember seeing a commercial. 

Quote:Didn't Garrard open some franchise gym?  I vaguely remember seeing a commercial. 

What is the company called?

Quote:Donavin Darius is running a conditioning school.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

And what seems a tad contrary to the strength and conditioning training...I see him in the Metro Diner in Mandarin quite often.

He still looks like he could play.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:What is the company called?

Retro Fitness

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2014-...r-football

Quote:Does anyone know what former Jaguars are doing in retirement?

I know Keenan McCardell is a position coach, Jeff Lageman works for the team, Mark Brunell is a Jaguars commentator in preseason, and during games Fred Taylor talks in a studio. What about some others who played for Jacksonville?
WR Matt Jones does sports radio in Arkansas.

Quote:WR Matt Jones does sports radio in Arkansas.

I bet his listeners think of him as a quarterback.

Nick Sorensen is an assistant specials teams coach for the Seahawks.

Quote:Nick Sorensen is an assistant specials teams coach for the Seahawks.

Someone forgot to mention him in Wolfie's thread about former Jaguars in the playoffs.

So we can add him to that list, which is shrinking every week.

Quote:I bet his listeners think of him as a quarterback.
I bet they think of him as a talk show host.  What are you betting?

Quote:I bet they think of him as a talk show host.  What are you betting?

Former quarterback then.

Wrong word. Should have said think.

[Image: ZtMkorgeyRu5q.gif]

I heard Gene Smith is dancing the night away...

Gene Smith just got a job with the Jets - apparently in the scouting department.

Quote:John Jurkovic has a talk show in Chicago.

George Wrighster also has a talk show,  with his being in drive time in Los Angeles:

http://kfwbam.com/the-beast-980-weekday-...wrighster/