Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Man Gives Homeless Person $100 And Is Surprised By The Result

Man Gives Homeless Person $100 And Is Surprised By The Result
Josh Paler Lin, who has his own Youtube channel, gave a homeless man $100 and proceeded to follow him to see where the man would go and how he would spend the money.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/debate/jo...sed-result

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's a pretty good story.  Good for that guy.

I wonder what he would've done if the guy did use the $100 to but a bunch of booze.

Quote:I wonder what he would've done if the guy did use the $100 to but a bunch of booze.

Mock and ridicule!

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2014, 10:23 AM by The Drifter.)

From my experiance of being on the streets, Homeless people tend to look out for each other, It's how we survived

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.

Quote:From my experiance of being on the streets, Homeless people tend to look out for each other, It's how we survived
I could see you having been homeless. I could also see you living by some kind of hobo code of honor.

On a related question; is the word hobo acceptable?

Quote:I could see you having been homeless. I could also see you living by some kind of hobo code of honor.

On a related question; is the word hobo acceptable?

a hobo is an itinerant worker, a career which sprang up during the depression. A hobo, unlike a bum or a tramp, is more than willing to work, but mostly for a short duration, as their main impetus is travel, the love of the journey above the actual destination. A bum is stationary, feeding off of those unfortunate enough to cross his path; a hobo merely travels from town to town, finding work when he can, but only for the sake of financing his next adventure. NEVER call a hobo a bum...they'll kick your sorry no-bo [BLEEP]!

Quote:a hobo is an itinerant worker, a career which sprang up during the depression. A hobo, unlike a bum or a tramp, is more than willing to work, but mostly for a short duration, as their main impetus is travel, the love of the journey above the actual destination. A bum is stationary, feeding off of those unfortunate enough to cross his path; a hobo merely travels from town to town, finding work when he can, but only for the sake of financing his next adventure. NEVER call a hobo a bum...they'll kick your sorry no-bo [BAD WORD REMOVED]!

dropping knowledge.

Quote:a hobo is an itinerant worker, a career which sprang up during the depression. A hobo, unlike a bum or a tramp, is more than willing to work, but mostly for a short duration, as their main impetus is travel, the love of the journey above the actual destination. A bum is stationary, feeding off of those unfortunate enough to cross his path; a hobo merely travels from town to town, finding work when he can, but only for the sake of financing his next adventure. NEVER call a hobo a bum...they'll kick your sorry no-bo [BAD WORD REMOVED]!

Hobo is actually Pre WW1.  It's a Civil War term.  After the war a bunch of people jumped on trains and went "Homeword Bound" It's actually a term for hitchhikers of the 1860's and 70's

s
;

;