Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How much are "The Roar" paid?

Quote:I know they are the most famous NFL cheerleaders, that doesn't change the fact that the rest of them don't practice just as hard to get their dance routines down. They don't just show up and start shaking their pom poms without ever doing any practice.

Time for a discount double check. "The rest of them don't practice just as hard" means they do just show up and start shaking their pom poms without any practice.

I wonder how much they practice before a home game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Shaking their pom-poms.....   :woot:

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Tony Boselli's wife?

Whitney.

Quote:Time for a discount double check. "The rest of them don't practice just as hard" means they do just show up and start shaking their pom poms without any practice.

I wonder how much they practice before a home game.

I meant "doesn't mean they don't practice just as hard." Anyone that's even taken dance knows you just don't show up and know the dance routine without working on it. They aren't just out there yelling "go team", they have synchronized steps that they perform. That takes practice.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I have a feeling most teams would just as easily drop cheerleading all together than to give them better compensation. 

Quote:I have a feeling most teams would just as easily drop cheerleading all together than to give them better compensation. 

You're probably correct - but this message board would lead the charge against it.

And don't get my brother started! He's so old school he thinks the Jags should be without cheerleaders and a mascot. My god, can you imagine if they got rid of Jaxson? You talk about a 100 page thread.

There are still a handful of teams without cheerleaders (and mascots?). The Giants come to mind. And Bears and Steelers, I think.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:You're probably correct - but this message board would lead the charge against it.

And don't get my brother started! He's so old school he thinks the Jags should be without cheerleaders and a mascot. My God, can you imagine if they got rid of Jaxson? You talk about a 100 page thread.

There are still a handful of teams without cheerleaders (and mascots?). The Giants come to mind. And Bears and Steelers, I think.

LOL That would be insane! I can't imagine not having Jaxson de Ville.

As long as mascots and cheerleaders don't strike for better pay, they won't get it.

Quote:LOL That would be insane! I can't imagine not having Jaxson de Ville.

As long as mascots and cheerleaders don't strike for better pay, they won't get it.
Cheerleaders can strike all they want. The teams will just find a new group of women who are willing to sign on. 

Quote:I remember an article written several years ago which claimed they made around $15 per game. It's the exposure (pun intended) which attracts them to become cheerleaders.

Regards...................the Chiefjag
You mean they dont just do it because they love the Jaguars franchise?  I guess my diet is off then...

Quote:You're probably correct - but this message board would lead the charge against it.

And don't get my brother started! He's so old school he thinks the Jags should be without cheerleaders and a mascot. My god, can you imagine if they got rid of Jaxson? You talk about a 100 page thread.

Wow...people think they should be paid better for working for those poor broke teams in the NFL. What nerve!!!

I'm glad we have you around...what would we do without your sage advice??
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Not sure what they get paid now, but in the beginning... wow.

IIRC, when the franchise began, I believe the budget was for a mascot or a cheerleader squad.  That shows you just how little it was.  Not sure how they eventually swung both.  In fact, the girls were responsible for their own makeup.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."