Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No Kicks for Kids anymore?

This was my fourth Jaguars game and the first time I did not hear something about Josh Scobee donating $250 to local children every time he scored three points. Did he end the program?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why would they kick kids?  That sounds brutal.

How about donating money to give back to the season ticket holders for having to endure this steaming pile of dog pooh.

I thought somebody would know why there was no announcement about $250 being donated to kids when Scobee made a field goal attempt.

Quote:I thought somebody would know why there was no announcement about $250 being donated to kids when Scobee made a field goal attempt.

Because Firehouse took over the kicking promotion.  It's all about making $$$

Quote:Because Firehouse took over the kicking promotion.  It's all about making $$$

But I thought Kicks for Kids was a charitable donation program. You don't help kids by eating a free Firehouse sub. Am I missing something here?

Quote:But I thought Kicks for Kids was a charitable donation program. You don't help kids by eating a free Firehouse sub. Am I missing something here?

Nobody outside of the Jaguars organization or Scobee himself would know.  In fact, you're the first person to even notice.

Quote:Nobody outside of the Jaguars organization or Scobee himself would know.  In fact, you're the first person to even notice.

Really? The PA announcer used to say that after every successful field attempt regardless of the distance. I can't believe people who went to more than four games would not notice that.

Quote:Really? The PA announcer used to say that after every successful field attempt regardless of the distance. I can't believe people who went to more than four games would not notice that.

We are too busy crying

Quote:We are too busy crying

No you weren't. People don't cry after seeing Scobee make a field goal attempt.

Quote:Why would they kick kids?  That sounds brutal.

And little Jeremy just barely cleared the uprights. 

Huh

Quote:And little Jeremy just barely cleared the uprights.

Okay...that's funny!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:But I thought Kicks for Kids was a charitable donation program. You don't help kids by eating a free Firehouse sub. Am I missing something here?
I may be wrong, but I think your supposed to eat your Free Firehouse Sub in front of a poor homeless kid that can't afford something to eat.  By doing so, you are inspiring the kids to work hard so that one day they too can eat a tasty toasted sub. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Really? The PA announcer used to say that after every successful field attempt regardless of the distance. I can't believe people who went to more than four games would not notice that.
Who cares? That's probably the more important question. 

The only one obsessing about this is you.  Nobody else even noticed. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]