Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Converting WMA files to mp3

Anyone know how?  When i got my new computer about 200 of my songs were in WMA format.  The rest of my music is in mp3.  WMA won't play because the company it was purchased from, PureTracks, is out of business and it can no longer access the media rights.  They played fine on my old computer.  thought there might be a trick to get them to play on my new one.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cnet.com used to be a solid place to find freeware for this type of thing.  Recently they've fallen prey to some adware and malware, so I use more caution when downloading anything linked there.  

You may want to do a search or two to ensure this program is safe, but this seems like what you need:

http://download.cnet.com/Free-WMA-to-MP3...58783.html

Here's what I use

http://www.converterlite.com/wma-to-mp3/...oCf0Dw_wcB

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

Try this.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Here's what I use

http://www.converterlite.com/wma-to-mp3/...oCf0Dw_wcB
Thanks.  When I Googled it so many things came up I wasn't sure what to trust.  Knowing someone who has actually used one of the sites is helpful.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You can get two things accomplished if you upload them to google music.  It'll add them to your google music cloud storage account (there isn't a total size limit just a song count limit, it's 20k maximum 300mbs per song) that way you always have the files encase your hard drive dies or whatever.  This also lets you take your music with you and listen to them through the internet on your phone or whatever.

More importantly when you download the track from their servers it will be in mp3 format, if I'm not mistaken it ties you track to the track google has, to help speed upload times up.  For instance if you upload track a, and google has that track it will just give you the track google has which is in mp3 format.   

Forgot to mention you need to use google's media manager for wma, it won't work trying to upload from the browser.