Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
12 throws for the 1st 3 qrts

12. That's all they let Blake throw it against the Colts for the first 3 quarters.And most of those were screens. Pathetic.

Let him throw it at least 40 times this Sunday. He's a gunslinger.He won't learn by throwing it 12 times.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:12. That's all they let Blake throw it against the Colts for the first 3 quarters.And most of those were screens. Pathetic.

Let him throw it at least 40 times this Sunday. He's a gunslinger.He won't learn by throwing it 12 times.
so if they let him drop back 40 times whats the over under on sack totals 35 + or - Wallbash Wallbash

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2014, 03:45 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

It's clear the Jags were intent on attempting to do to the clots what the Patriots had done to them the week before.  The difference is, well, the clots had to respect the passing game of the Patriots.  The Jags have not shown that our passing game is to be respected thus far, making the clots job very easy in that all they had to do was shut down our running game and let Blake make his usually mistakes which he did.  None of this will change until Blake starts progressing.  Hopefully we'll see some of that in the final 5 games.

As far as Fisch goes, I felt he was forcing the run on 1st and 2nd down a lot and he definitely was for that game.  It caused me to go pull his play calling on 1st down for the entire year.  I was surprised to find that we throw it on 1st almost as much as we run it.  I was ready to grab a pitchfork initially, but when I saw those numbers it just appears he and the team had a bad game.  I won't join in crucifying him for having one bad game, but those types of games can't happen again.

Quote:It's clear the Jags were intent on attempting to do to the clots what the Patriots had done to them the week before.  The difference is, well, the clots had to respect the passing game of the Patriots.  The Jags have not shown that our passing game is to be respected thus far, making the clots job very easy in that all they had to do was shut down our running game and let Blake make his usually mistakes which he did.  None of this will change until Blake starts progressing.  Hopefully we'll see some of that in the final 5 games.

As far as Fisch goes, I felt he was forcing the run on 1st and 2nd down a lot and he definitely was for that game.  It caused me to go pull his play calling on 1st down for the entire year.  I was surprised to find that we throw it on 1st almost as much as we run it.  I was ready to grab a pitchfork initially, but when I saw those numbers it just appears he and the team had a bad game.  I won't join in crucifying him for having one bad game, but those types of games can't happen again.

Agreed.  What was worse is that in the 3rd quarter, how many first down plays resulted in positive yards?  It seemed as if we were constantly having to dig out of a situation where we had negative yardage on first down. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:so if they let him drop back 40 times whats the over under on sack totals 35 + or - Wallbash Wallbash
Thats what I was thinking

Quote:Agreed.  What was worse is that in the 3rd quarter, how many first down plays resulted in positive yards?  It seemed as if we were constantly having to dig out of a situation where we had negative yardage on first down. 

Fisch has actually called more passing plays than running plays on 1st down as a whole for the season.  Where it breaks more evenly is when you eliminate the scenarios where it's more than a 1 possession game.  If we are trailing by 8 points or less or leading by 8 points or less (rare, I know), his play calling on 1st down is close to 50/50 run/pass which is a good thing if you ask me (keep the defense guessing, we just need to execute better).  You could probably make a good argument that they need to run a bit more on 1st down in those situations and with the clots getting demolished in the run game the week before, it's not surprising that the Jags wanted to do what they tried to do on Sunday.  It just didn't work out.  Here's the data for the entire season for those that are curious:

http://pfref.com/pi/share/5foTL

Quote:so if they let him drop back 40 times whats the over under on sack totals 35 + or - Wallbash Wallbash

He's getting sacked on 8.1% of his pass attempts.  He's getting picked on 4.9% of his pass attempts.  So 13% of the time when he drops back to pass, something bad is going to happen.  If he passed 40 times in a game, on 5 or 6 of those attempts he'd either be sacked or picked off on average.  Not all sacks and picks are on the QB, but that's true for every other QB in the league as well so it should even out.  Bottom line is he needs to play better and so does everyone else on offense.

It's hard to have a respectable passgame with no receivers, no protection, an incompetent OC, and handcuffs. At least Bortles got to learn from the savvy Henne

Quote:Agreed.  What was worse is that in the 3rd quarter, how many first down plays resulted in positive yards?  It seemed as if we were constantly having to dig out of a situation where we had negative yardage on first down. 

Calling a pass to Marcedes five yards behind the LOS certainly didn't help.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:It's clear the Jags were intent on attempting to do to the clots what the Patriots had done to them the week before.  The difference is, well, the clots had to respect the passing game of the Patriots.  
I remember thinking the same thing on Sunday. The Colts run defense isn't very good, but they're good enough to stop them if they thing you're one dimensional