Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2013 Draft Class hurting us the most

Maybe it's there not being developed, maybe it's they where never the solution and we missed on the draft class. But when your first 4 picks, Joeckel, Cyprien, Gratz, Sanders are not game changers and that was supposed to be the core of this rebuild, the entire plan falls apart.

Add to it the depth has fallen flat on its face, Evans and Harris neither has stepped up. Maybe we've got some light at the end of the tunnel in McCray and Robinson but really 2 out 8 are somewhat close to make a difference?

Gratz and Cyprien have been a liability all year long, Joeckel wasn't an upgrade from Monroe and Sanders can't even be relied on to get 10 yard returns in the kicking game.

I'm hopefull this years class will be a little more productive but talk about a sophomore slump we've had.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Think a lot of it boils down to the Joeckel pick. It was a pick I personallg hated because we already had an established LT and could hve desperately used a playmaker (Mingo or Ansah). I loved the Cyp/Gratz picks but they have been struggling.

Everything will change if Blake becomes the guy. Just gotta hope he is.

That's what I'm hoping for, If we hit on QB it covers a blunder of mistakes.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

Who would you want the team to draft in this years first round?

Quote:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

Who would you want the team to draft in this years first round?

I have no idea someone that makes an immediate impact, that's what top 10 players are supposed to do.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Pres...4afbf400f2

One could make an arguement for and against a lot of these guys;  Take Shoelace for example he stunk last year, dropping passes, fumbling, when he did show a flash of brillance he would fumble the ball at the end of the play... this year he stunk again until a few weeks ago, he finally started to emerge as a running back.  He looked good this week too, minus the fumble.  I would say its too soon to consider him a bust he might be good for the team.

Cyrpien hasnt had the year everyone had thought but some of that is the poor talent surrounding him at DB.  Gratz shows promise but he's made a lot of big mistakes too, on the fence about him as well..

I would say all of them are suspect at this point with the only one looking like a failure was Luke but he could turn it around its only been 1 season & half (almost over)..

I am not willing to give up on the 2013 draft class yet. I still believe Cyprian and Joeckel can be mainstays on this team, and D. Rob and McCray are already playing well. I am not saying there are any pro-bowl stars from the draft class, but solid starters. I think even Gratz can turn it around.

I also believe a competent coaching staff would have the talent playing at a higher level.

Quote:http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Pres...4afbf400f2

One could make an arguement for and against a lot of these guys;  Take Shoelace for example he stunk last year, dropping passes, fumbling, when he did show a flash of brillance he would fumble the ball at the end of the play... this year he stunk again until a few weeks ago, he finally started to emerge as a running back.  He looked good this week too, minus the fumble.  I would say its too soon to consider him a bust he might be good for the team.

Cyrpien hasnt had the year everyone had thought but some of that is the poor talent surrounding him at DB.  Gratz shows promise but he's made a lot of big mistakes too, on the fence about him as well..

I would say all of them are suspect at this point with the only one looking like a failure was Luke but he could turn it around its only been 1 season & half (almost over)..

exactly, going into year 3 for this draft class, and just about every one of them is still a question mark.

The 2013 draft class sucking as a whole is a big reason we are 1-10.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Joeckel and Cyprien will be serviceable players when the talent around them gets better.

The problem with saying they were bad draft choices is who would have been better to take? The 2013 draft is looking historically bad right now.

Paying for merchandise with bubble gum at 5am in South Beach is all funny until you get burnt like toast on Sunday.

Quote:exactly, going into year 3 for this draft class, and just about every one of them is still a question mark.
I dont think Allen Robinson or undrafted rookie Allen Hurns is questionable they are among the best rookie WR draft class in my opinion!

Quote:I dont think Allen Robinson or undrafted rookie Allen Hurns is questionable they are among the best rookie WR draft class in my opinion!

That's this years draft class not 2013. As of right now the 2014 class looks heads and shoulders better then the 2013.

Quote:Joeckel and Cyprien will be serviceable players when the talent around them gets better.

The problem with saying they were bad draft choices is who would have been better to take? The 2013 draft is looking historically bad right now.

Joeckel was the 2nd overall pick he should make the players around him better, not need the players around him to be better.

Quote:Joeckel was the 2nd overall pick he should make the players around him better, not need the players around him to be better.

That's great to say, but the point still remains, looking back on what we knew going into the draft, who would be the guy with more impact for this team? Even with the benefit of hindsight it's hard to pick out someone that would have been a difference making player for this team.

If 3 years is the golden mark, you have to at the 2012 Draft Class....maybe you can start to see why we suck.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:I am not willing to give up on the 2013 draft class yet. I still believe Cyprian and Joeckel can be mainstays on this team, and D. Rob and McCray are already playing well. I am not saying there are any pro-bowl stars from the draft class, but solid starters. I think even Gratz can turn it around.

I also believe a competent coaching staff would have the talent playing at a higher level.

Cyp is not starting caliber nor will he be.  Same with Gratz.  You're drinking too much Teal Kool Aid.

Cyp is all hype.  Clueless in coverage responsibilities.  

Gene's Myth