Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Few 2015 Draft/Free Agent Questions

I was wondering what everyone thought about the following questions regarding some potential targets in the draft and free agency:

1) Do you think Denzel Perryman could be a target for us in the 2nd-3rd round range? I guess I'll also find out the opinions of most people on the board about what they think about Jeremiah George and his future with this question as well.

2) Do you think we target a tight end via free agency (Jordan Cameron, Jermaine Gresham, Charles Clay, Rob Housler, etc.) or do you think we go the draft route with TE (Funchess, O'Leary, Koyack, etc.)? In regards to this question, I'd also like to know everyone's opinion on Clay Harbor and whether you think he has starter potential or more TE2 like he has been?

3) With us having a young, mostly inexperienced offensive line, do you think the front office uses free agency to find a right tackle (Bryan Bulaga, Joseph Barksdale, etc.) to give a young offensive line more experience or do you think we target a right tackle via the draft with a high pick (Collins, Peat, Ogbuehi, etc.)?

4) Do you think Sean Weatherspoon could effectively play the OTTO position? He has always been under-utilized as a blitz linebacker in Atlanta. I know he has major injury concerns, but as far as skill set.. do you think he could be an effective OTTO for us?

5) Would you be willing to use a 2nd-3rd round pick on Todd Gurley to give us a future tandem of Gurley and Robinson even though Gurley just tore his ACL?

You can answer any or all questions. These were just some of the things that have been floating around in my head and I wanted to see what some of you thought on the board. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I was wondering what everyone thought about the following questions regarding some potential targets in the draft and free agency:

1) Do you think Denzel Perryman could be a target for us in the 2nd-3rd round range? I guess I'll also find out the opinions of most people on the board about what they think about Jeremiah George and his future with this question as well.

2) Do you think we target a tight end via free agency (Jordan Cameron, Jermaine Gresham, Charles Clay, Rob Housler, etc.) or do you think we go the draft route with TE (Funchess, O'Leary, Koyack, etc.)? In regards to this question, I'd also like to know everyone's opinion on Clay Harbor and whether you think he has starter potential or more TE2 like he has been?

3) With us having a young, mostly inexperienced offensive line, do you think the front office uses free agency to find a right tackle (Bryan Bulaga, Joseph Barksdale, etc.) to give a young offensive line more experience or do you think we target a right tackle via the draft with a high pick (Collins, Peat, Ogbuehi, etc.)?

4) Do you think Sean Weatherspoon could effectively play the OTTO position? He has always been under-utilized as a blitz linebacker in Atlanta. I know he has major injury concerns, but as far as skill set.. do you think he could be an effective OTTO for us?

5) Would you be willing to use a 2nd-3rd round pick on Todd Gurley to give us a future tandem of Gurley and Robinson even though Gurley just tore his ACL?

You can answer any or all questions. These were just some of the things that have been floating around in my head and I wanted to see what some of you thought on the board. 
1. Yes I expect that Dave will like Perryman, and a day 2 pick would be nice value. 

2. Yes, I expect that TE will be one of the main upgrade priorities through FA and/or the draft.

3. No, I don't expect RT to be a major area of focus. Probably a late pick or small FA deal.

4. We will definitely look to upgrade the OTTO position, Weatherspoon possibly but someone for sure.

5. Please no to Gurley. We have much larger needs than to use a day 2 pick on any RB. 

Quote:1. Yes I expect that Dave will like Perryman, and a day 2 pick would be nice value. 

2. Yes, I expect that TE will be one of the main upgrade priorities through FA and/or the draft.

3. No, I don't expect RT to be a major area of focus. Probably a late pick or small FA deal.

4. We will definitely look to upgrade the OTTO position, Weatherspoon possibly but someone for sure.

5. Please no to Gurley. We have much larger needs than to use a day 2 pick on any RB. 

First off, thank you for the reply! You misunderstood some of my questions.. I guess what I was asking for two and three was more so, if you DO think they are needs (like I do), then which route do you for see the front office going to address it? I know that's so hard to call.. I completely get that. I'm just wondering people's opinions. Like, my opinion on RT would be via free agency. With essentially three of the five starters being 2nd year players (still looking at this year as Joeckel's rookie year), I feel like we need another veteran presence to add to Zane Beadles as his veteran presence that he brings. That was just an example. Sorry for any confusion and thanks again for the reply!

Quote:1) Do you think Denzel Perryman could be a target for us in the 2nd-3rd round range? I guess I'll also find out the opinions of most people on the board about what they think about Jeremiah George and his future with this question as well.

Regardless of the projection for Denzel Perryman, which I have no clue about, we should focus on developing current players in their first or second season. We have six more weeks to figure out who the best MLB under 30 is.

David Caldwell certainly will want to draft one. He has been doing what he said he would - building this team through the draft and filling gaps with veterans. If Caldwell wants a veteran tight end, he will just keep Marcedes Lewis.

I had never heard of Josepth Barksdale. Bryan Bulaga is good. However, we already have a fifth-year veteran on the offensive line, so putting an older guy on it is not a good reason to get a right tackle via free agency instead of the draft.

I don't even know what number he wears, but I have no reason to want him when a free agent linebacker who was signed to play Otto just got cut. J.T. Thomas obviously is good enough for the job because he outplayed Dekoda Watson..

Ever since I learned he is a running back, I knew the Jaguars should stay far away from him. The last two drafts we picked a running back on the third day. Why should we pick another running back for the third straight year?

In summary, I fully support Caldwell's draft strategy and wish more board members were patient with the process because we are slowly moving the right direction.

Quote:First off, thank you for the reply! You misunderstood some of my questions.. I guess what I was asking for two and three was more so, if you DO think they are needs (like I do), then which route do you for see the front office going to address it? I know that's so hard to call.. I completely get that. I'm just wondering people's opinions. Like, my opinion on RT would be via free agency. With essentially three of the five starters being 2nd year players (still looking at this year as Joeckel's rookie year), I feel like we need another veteran presence to add to Zane Beadles as his veteran presence that he brings. That was just an example. Sorry for any confusion and thanks again for the reply!

I totally agree we should pick up a free agent to fix the RT job, but only if he is proven to be much better than Austin Pasztor. I want to know we are upgrading there, not have a training camp battle.

Sean Weatherspoon has played in seven games the last two seasons. I wouldn't expect much of anything from him.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2014, 01:20 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:I was wondering what everyone thought about the following questions regarding some potential targets in the draft and free agency:

1)  I think Perryman is a very good athlete for the position.  But based upon the reports I read, former Canes players are questioning the coaching he is receiving, wondering if he is even being taught to key the guards.   

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami...olumn.html

Could he be a target?  Absolutely.  But I would have my reservations/concerns about him.

2)  I think TE in free agency is a target, though at this point it would be difficult to ascertain who would be available.  I would avoid Cameron due to the concussion issues.  I think Denver allows Julius Thomas to walk and re-signs Demaryius Thomas, but you'd have to be wary about getting a guy catching passes from Manning.  Of course a guy is going to be more productive with Manning throwing him the ball, but would his productivity be so inflated such that he could not be expected to be productive elsewhere, or is he talented enough to produce wherever you put him, even if his numbers drop?  I think the two I would target are Gresham and Clay.  I think Clay Harbor is a 2nd TE, based upon the way he has been used here and based upon how the team has stated it wants the offense to run.  But I really like his potential as a receiving TE.

3)  I think RT would be more of a draft target than a FA target. 

4) I do not think Weatherspoon would be a good OTTO candidate, and would worry about his productivity going forth due to his injuries.

5)  If somehow we traded down and got an extra 3rd round pick or two...I wouldn't object to drafting Gurley.  But this team has too many holes and needs immediate impact next year more than any other draft this team has had in a long time.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I would love Clay to be signed. Always liked the guy.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:In summary, I fully support Caldwell's draft strategy and wish more board members were patient with the process because we are slowly moving the right direction.
How do you know we're moving in the right direction? Just because they say the team is?

Quote:How do you know we're moving in the right direction? Just because they say the team is?

Because I am seeing it on the field. We are getting better each week.

Quote:Because I am seeing it on the field. We are getting better each week.

I wish I had the vision you do! 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:I wish I had the vision you do! 

What you don't have is the same definition of improvement I do.

Quote:I would love Clay to be signed. Always liked the guy.

Nice move TE/H-Back. I would love to have him.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2014, 02:10 AM by Cable.)

1. I expect a mlb to be drafted this upcoming draft. Unfortunately it won't be until the 3rd round or later unless we trade or see a free safety lasting into the 3rd most likely.

2. TE is a position I see being addressed in free agency. I have been wanting Gresham for awhile now. He could be a very good fit for us and seems like he can be a playmaker. Harbor has been OK as a pass catching tight end but I would have him as a 3rd tight end if we keep Lewis.

3. Pasztor is a free agent this upcoming offseason, and I'm not sure if I want him resigned. He could be had cheap probably and would at minimum give us depth. I'm hoping for a new RT to be drafted. Preferably Corey Robinson or Rob Havenstein. Both of these players help with the run in their current system.

4. Sean Weatherspoon, has been injury prone, and this is something we don't want.

5. Todd Gurley could easily be a playmaker, and I would love to have him. However, not before the 3rd round. The ACL tear puts him down here for me as he may not recover fully. Plus the draft has other players that can fill holes immediately in the first two rounds.

1. Yes, we need a 3 down LB in the middle and honestly i haven't seen enough George to know either way but I think Perryman will be good

2. I think we'll target some in FA but if we miss out on a guy that Caldwell likes he'll probably turn to the draft for one. Harbor is a solid role player as but not quite a difference maker at the position.

3. I think we'd draft one. Bulaga is always hurt and Barksdale is probably gonna stay in St. Louis, he loves it there.

4. Pass on Weatherspoon

5. I think in 2nd or 3rd round we'll be drafting guys to start day one. Like a LB, TE, or FS. If we do take a RB (which I doubt) it'll probably be 4th or later.