Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Well, is he?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Simple Yes or No....Is Bradley The Guy

It's ironic that some posters are saying he needs to be retained through year 3 and if he's not at .500 then it's time for a change. You see, in year 3 its about the win/loss record for them but in year 2 it's not. In year 2 it's only about improvement of the "eye test" and not the scoreboard. Why isn't year 3 about improvement of the "eye test" too?

Regards........................the Chiefjag

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gus needs to stay because who else is gonna take the players out for ice cream after the latest embarrassing loss?

"I'm proud of you Chad, you get two scoops this week because you competed and got better. Next week is an opportoony to get three scoops so try your best!"
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2014, 01:11 AM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:Gus needs to stay because who else is gonna take the players out for ice cream after the latest embarrassing loss?

"I'm proud of you Chad, you get two scoops this week because you competed and got better. Next week is an opportoony to get three scoops so try your best!"

NOBODY gets a double scoop until the Jags get a double (meaning 2) win(s).

If anybody wants 3 scoops, well, then they better find a way to get 3 wins.

There better at least be a 1 scoop per win total for the Jags.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:NOBODY gets a double scoop until the Jags get a double (meaning 2) win(s).

If anybody wants 3 scoops, well, then they better find a way to get 3 wins.

There better at least be a 1 scoop per win total for the Jags.

Well according to Gus, winning isn't important. Every week, whether they win or lose, there is an opportoony for 2 scoops. If you compete, you get a scoop. If you get better, you get another scoop.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

So far, it's a simple NO, but that doesn't mean he should be gone/fired just yet.

Let's see how the rest of the season plays out, although I am NOT encouraged about it right now, but I wasn't encouraged about it last year either and we saw what happened after the bye week.

Quote:Well according to Gus, winning isn't important. Every week, whether they win or lose, there is an opportoony for 2 scoops. If you compete, you get a scoop. If you get better, you get another scoop.

Well, if his philosophy of "winning isn't important" doesn't find some non-important wins from now until the end of next season, he won't have to worry about his philosophy with the Jags a whole lot longer, imo.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2014, 09:21 AM by wrong_box.)

Quote:So 1-9 is the best we can do?
we will see...it's not hard to grasp that the inexperience of the majority of the team is the main culprit of 1-9...Any coach can tell players to "catch that ball, block that player, run your route like this, " et,al but the biggest problem as I already stated was inexperience which causes the execution to be less than desired...

Assuming you were going to spend a year just sailing around the world, would you rather have a yacht built by seasoned professionals with a few beginners, or a group of builders who have never built a yacht before?

Or we can say you are building a $1,000,000 mansion...Do you want builders who are still learning how to build houses, or builders who have been building them for 5 years or more to build it?

I don't know about Gus, but we've sure as hell proven we can't win without at least Garrard-esque production at QB.

I can count on 2 fingers the games the Jags have played post David where the QB played well and the Jags still lost.

Don't know if I can hang that on any coach.  Those of you that think Coughlin/Bellicheck/Arians/Carroll would have more wins with the QB play we've had the last 3 years have really let TMD inside your head.

Quote:I don't know about Gus, but we've sure as hell proven we can't win without at least Garrard-esque production at QB.

I can count on 2 fingers the games the Jags have played post David where the QB played well and the Jags still lost.

Don't know if I can hang that on any coach.  Those of you that think Coughlin/Bellicheck/Arians/Carroll would have more wins with the QB play we've had the last 3 years have really let TMD inside your head.
Finally.

Somebody speaks the truth. It's not a matter of who the HC is, or even the QB, with the supporting cast that we have right now; I'm afraid that not even Don Shula could get a winning record out of this ball club right now. There's still a lot of holes that need to be fixed before we can start saying the "P" word again. Don't get me wrong; our Jags are really close, probably closer than most non-Jags fans, and even some on this MB even think to competing in a SB.

Getting a top pick in this years draft, and getting Blackmon reinstated would pay huge dividends for this team. 

Quote:Finally.

Somebody speaks the truth. It's not a matter of who the HC is, or even the QB, with the supporting cast that we have right now; I'm afraid that not even Don Shula could get a winning record out of this ball club right now. There's still a lot of holes that need to be fixed before we can start saying the "P" word again. Don't get me wrong; our Jags are really close, probably closer than most non-Jags fans, and even some on this MB even think to competing in a SB.

Getting a top pick in this years draft, and getting Blackmon reinstated would pay huge dividends for this team. 

Who's talking about a "winning record"?

We're 1-9.

Not 4-5, 1-9.

Let me spell it out for you: ONE AND NINE.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

The players we drafted last season are now on the 27 game. It's long enough for them to be running the correct routes, blocking the correct guy, and tackling!

Regards....................the Chiefjag

Quote:The players we drafted last season are now on the 27 game. It's long enough for them to be running the correct routes, blocking the correct guy, and tackling!

Regards....................the Chiefjag

And covering the WR on a go route in cover 2.

Bradley had two weeks to prepare. Apparently he can only prepare the defense, and that for just one half.

On the plus side, we only lost by 20, compared to the 24.5 average in Gus' first 3 games against Indy, and Hasselbeck didn't come in to mop up. Clear PROGRESS!

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

2 weeks to prepare, and they threw to the outside receiver 2 TIMES.  How many short passes and screens were there?  The game plan, or lack there of, was absolute trash.  They gave up before they even tried.

[Image: xspld.gif]

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:2 weeks to prepare, and they threw to the outside receiver 2 TIMES. How many short passes and screens were there? The game plan, or lack there of, was absolute trash. They gave up before they even tried.

I agree, watching the game today was difficult. The offense looked completely inept and uninspired. I think we need to move on from Fisch as it continues to play out like this. I understand the idea behind trying to limit the interceptions. Bortles is a rookie, talented albeit raw and inexperienced; however, how does relegating him and the rest of the offense to a scheme that is as passive as it is one dimensional really benefit anyone? It's clearly not.

Bottom line is we are 1-10. I simply don't understand the thought process behind the offensive game plan today. This is the time to be aggressive and try different things. When I watched the d line dominate the first half, I thought about the lack offense and what the real reasons were. Although young, we have talent at the skill positions; the play calling and overall offensive scheme is the problem.

Quote:Is it really that difficult to understand? 

He's the head coach, so by virtue of that fact alone, he's the guy until something changes.

There's some worthless logic.

Quote:2 weeks to prepare, and they threw to the outside receiver 2 TIMES.  How many short passes and screens were there?  The game plan, or lack there of, was absolute trash.  They gave up before they even tried.

21/24 attempted passes were 9 yards or less. 

Quote:I always love it when simpletons like you throw out the "excuses" label. 

I have yet to hear Gus make a single excuse. 

I don't consider FACTS to be excuses, but I understand that FACTS tend to confuse the likes of you, so you have to label them as something, and excuses is the best you can come up with. 

The truth is, FACTS indicate that the 5-21 record, as painful as it has been from the perspective of fans, is the end result of years of bad drafting and personnel decisions that had to be undone.  It's the result of a complete change of philosophy where the team is building almost exclusively through the draft for the first 2 seasons under the current regime. 

It is a FACT that this is one of the youngest rosters in the league as a result of the purge of garbage that was done over the past 2 years, and that we are putting the young players on the field in order to allow them to develop as players so that when we hit year 3, we'll know EXACTLY where this team stands in their rebuilding process.

It's not the fault of the front office, the coaching staff, or the owner that some of their fans are so incredibly thick headed and incapable of understanding that it takes time to build the team using the approach they've chosen.

Nobody here is saying Gus is the savior as the head coach.  You're just not capable of understanding the point that the jury is still out despite the record, and it's FACTS, not excuses that have determined the current record he has as a head coach.

I agree, Bradley appears not to be the guy.

Quote:I agree, watching the game today was difficult. The offense looked completely inept and uninspired. I think we need to move on from Fisch as it continues to play out like this. I understand the idea behind trying to limit the interceptions. Bortles is a rookie, talented albeit raw and inexperienced; however, how does relegating him and the rest of the offense to a scheme that is as passive as it is one dimensional really benefit anyone? It's clearly not.

Bottom line is we are 1-10. I simply don't understand the thought process behind the offensive game plan today. This is the time to be aggressive and try different things. When I watched the d line dominate the first half, I thought about the lack offense and what the real reasons were. Although young, we have talent at the skill positions; the play calling and overall offensive scheme is the problem.

I agree - Gus has been given enough time to demonstrate true "improvement" - and it simply isn't happening.  When you can't come up with a decent gameplan, when you don't make any halftime adjustments, when most players are regressing, when your offense and defense both rank in the bottom 5 of the league, and when you have the worst point differential in the league year after year - at what point do you realize that a change is in order?  

Is not that we can't win, it's that we look totally inept on the way to those loses and instead of the team looking more and more competent they are looking more and more amateurish. Western Carolina at least looked capable against Bama.

Quote:21/24 attempted passes were 9 yards or less.

And this is an NFL team right? Not pee wee where they are afraid to throw?
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]