Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Looking ahead to the draft (don't get mad at me)

I'm already in draft mode and having been watching a lot of college prospects. I read this mock earlier and hope it doesn't go this way. We need offense and secondary help IMO, not pass rush. Personally I am not a Gregory fan as I don't think he gets enough consistent push. If we don't get Williams (best overall player IMO), I hope we trade back for LT (Andrus Peat) or a CB (Trae Waynes).

Here's the link: http://walterfootball.com/draft2015charlie.php

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Walter Football = no thanks

An elite pass rusher is 2nd to QB in terms of importance.  If Caldwell thinks one is on the board, that card is filled out the second we get on the clock.

Quote:An elite pass rusher is 2nd to QB in terms of importance.  If Caldwell thinks one is on the board, that card is filled out the second we get on the clock.

Right now we need a free safety more than anything else because we don't have a good one. Sure, elite pass rushers are great, but that is the last thing we need on defense. I won't be mad if we get one if the value for the pick is there, but picking a defensive end just to pick one is stupid. He must be the next J.J. Watt to be worth passing on a free safety.

We'd have to trade down to get a FS. I think that'd be a good move though.

Trading down for a FS would be the ideal solution accumulate extra picks which we could use later on to strengthen the Oline, however unless Collins can make the transition to FS, I cant really see a top one one in the draft.

I've been accused of being Walter multiple times for my defense of him on here. That said, Charlie's drafts have always been amateurish. He totally ignores our current sacks from this year painting a picture of an ineffective D-Line.

That said, if we're in the top 5 and can't trade down, DE/LEO/OLB is probably the direction we'll go. DB's virtually never go that high, we've got our LT & QB, and there aren't any players that would be DT in our system expected to go that high.

I hope we get Leonard Williams assuming we can't trade down and get a top DB in the draft.

Quote:Right now we need a free safety more than anything else because we don't have a good one. Sure, elite pass rushers are great, but that is the last thing we need on defense. I won't be mad if we get one if the value for the pick is there, but picking a defensive end just to pick one is stupid. He must be the next J.J. Watt to be worth passing on a free safety.

A good pass-rusher is 1000x more important than a good FS.

right now im thinking there would be a trade down and the draft could shake out something like this....

later in rd 1: cody prewitt

later in rd 1: oakman

round 2: marcus peters

round 3: best avail OL, maybe Grasu? depends on the plans for bowanko, does he stay at C? or would he be even better as the other guard?

i wouldnt try to predict too far from there right now because who knows what happens in free agency.

but just looking at something like that, this draft has the potential to get the jaguars some difference makers for sure, even if its not the deepest draft.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

How do they get two first rounders?

I think that we need to look at what is available.

Ok, we need a quality Free Safety and a Tight End. But, are there top quality players coming through in those positions ? If the answer is "no" then maybe we need to look at strengthening other areas, even in they aren't the areas of biggest need. Our DL has been brilliant this year, for instance, but if the best players are Defensive Ends, then that's what we should go for.

But, I still think we will have a better idea of our needs at the end of the season, once we've seen how the current crop develops.

Quote:How do they get two first rounders?

i should have typed in there that i expect a trade down.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Jaelen Strong is good
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Jaelen Strong is good

Strong is a special talent, my favorite receiver coming out this year