Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CB Marcus Peters

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000423666/article/report-marcus-peters-dismissed-at-washington'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000423666/article/report-marcus-peters-dismissed-at-washington</a>

Dismissed from the University of Washington after an altercation with an assistant coach and other incidents. He's immensely talented considering he was considered to be a 1st round draft pick and has the desired size (listed as 6'0 193 pounds) to play CB in our system.

Quote:In fact, NFL Media analyst Charles Davis said Thursday that Peters is on a level with Oregon star cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, echoing what we heard from a Pac-12 head coach earlier this season.

"More than a few NFL teams would favor Peters, all things being equal," Davis said.

The Pac-12 coach also said Peters reminded him of Seattle Seahawks star cornerback Richard Sherman due to his size, length and ball skills. Peters is 6-foot, 190 pounds, three inches shorter than Sherman.

If he were to fall in the draft, which would be somewhat expected, would you use a pick on him?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't like guys who fight with coaches. Harvin punched his wide receiver coach at UF, Billy Gonzales, and he made a lateral move to LSU after that. Harvin didn't change. These guys are headaches, I'd pass. I'm not saying Gene Smith's draft philosophy is the way to go, but I can draw the line somewhere. Fringe first rounder anyway, if he fell to the 4th, he's worh the risk. Personal opinion

He is clearly a moron. Not sure that is the type of guy you want on your team, no matter how good he is.

He was fairly widely viewed as the best corner in the draft, and a very possible top 10 pick. Really sucks for him. 

If he drops to round 2. I'd take him there.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We won't ever know the answer to this, but you've got to see what he's like in person. Having an attitude is fine as long as he can respect his coaches and his teammates. If he can't control himself or if he's obviously just parroting agent-speak, you've got to pass no matter what round.

Quote:We won't ever know the answer to this, but you've got to see what he's like in person. Having an attitude is fine as long as he can respect his coaches and his teammates. If he can't control himself or if he's obviously just parroting agent-speak, you've got to pass no matter what round.
Pretty much.  Although, I'd rather deal with an attitude than a really nice guy that does drugs.  Easier to quell an attitude and unless it's extreme, a bad attitude isn't going to get someone suspended.

I'd risk a 3rd rounder on him. Sometimes the NFL experience can really humble a "trouble" player.

Or it can crash and burn like Blackmon Sad

The Percy Harvin comparison is the best comparison you can make.  If you can't keep your cool in college, you arent going to all the sudden "get it."

:no:    He doesn't want to do what it takes to be successful. 

Could be a Tryan Mathieu case. Mathieu has shown that you can change. If this guy is around 3rd-4th .pull the trigger. If anyone can get someone to buy in, it's Gus. These are really tricky cases with players like this. So long in the physical talent,yet short in the mental talent.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Could be a Tryan Mathieu case. Mathieu has shown that you can change. If this guy is around 3rd-4th .pull the trigger. If anyone can get someone to buy in, it's Gus. These are really tricky cases with players like this. So long in the physical talent,yet short in the mental talent.

I could be wrong but I thought Mathieu was just a pot head?

Spice

Quote:I could be wrong but I thought Mathieu was just a pot head?
He was a pot or spice head..but it's still mental. He was given three (?) Chances and still decided to throw it all away. That showed being undisciplined and a head case.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:I could be wrong but I thought Mathieu was just a pot head?

im pretty sure i remember him fighting with a teammate

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

the more i think about marcus peters....the more i think if he is there in rd 2 he shouldnt be passed up. there are a lot of guys that had attitudes like this that straightened out.... guys like brandon marshall, or the previously mentioned tyrann mathieu (who i personally thought was a no touch, lost cause)