Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Help me pick a college team...

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014, 11:33 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Still room here on the Pitt bandwagon.  We have 29 fans and counting.   We'll even throw in a Steelers or Penguins t-shirt that you can wear to the games on Saturday.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like Penn State, only because I've only gotten involved this year and I like Hackenberg.

This is really interesting, because I'd like to watch more college football too and was wondering how to pick a team...

Is there one team which a lot of Jaguars fans follow, simply because it's the "local" college for Jacksonville ? Or do people pick colleges from anywhere in the country ?

Quote:This is really interesting, because I'd like to watch more college football too and was wondering how to pick a team...

Is there one team which a lot of Jaguars fans follow, simply because it's the "local" college for Jacksonville ? Or do people pick colleges from anywhere in the country ?

I think most people pick a rooting interest thats close to home....just so you can get that feel for the team. 

I dont think there's a number of players from a particular college that play for the Jags.

4 players from Cal

3 from Florida State

3 from Virginia

2 for UCF

2 for Miami

There were more with two, but those are the two most local.

1 Gator

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 03:43 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Michigan: Why?

1. Michigan is one of the most storied programs in college football. The program is #1 in All Time wins and #2 in All Time winning percentage.

2. It is a great time to become a Michigan fan. Michigan has been terrible for past 7 seasons and is at one of it's lowest points in history. The Athletic Director resigned and the Head Coach will likely be fired at the end of the season. Remember the "fresh start" feeling when the Jaguars got new management and a new head coach? That's what we have to look forward at Michigan next season. No one will ever accuse you of jumping on the Jaguars bandwagon and no one will accuse you of jumping on the Michigan bandwagon.

3. Michigan makes up half of one of the greatest rivalries in American sports. Michigan vs Ohio St. is a very fun thing to be a part of.

4. Michigan has one of the most recognizable uniforms in college sports. The winged helmet is iconic.

[Image: 110213_michiganhelmet_12-Edit.jpg]

5. Despite being terrible for the past handful of years, Michigan has led NCAA Football in attendance every season. Fans are growing tired of the mediocrity, but are still extremely passionate.

6. If you're a fan of basketball, Michigan is one of the top 10 or so schools with the potential to be powers in both sports. Michigan football has been an all time top 10 program, and their basketball team has been a top 10 program over the past few seasons.

7. If you've made it this far, you've got enough interest to appreciate these video clips.

Legendary Michigan coach Bo Schembechler's "The team. The team. The team." speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzbt_yQrQjk

Top 10 moments in Michigan Stadium history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQsFsK3neoU

"This is Michigan" jumbotron intro video (featuring ex Michigan greats like Tom Brady, Denard Robinson, and Charles Woodson)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sNmfFBe9Pg

Denard Robinson through the years (even non-Michigan Jags fans might like this video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cla5l_1rteU

LSU probably has the best football environment and the most fun.

I think if I had just landed on this planet, that's the team that I'd follow.   Just plain ole fun !!

Quote:LSU probably has the best football environment and the most fun.

I think if I had just landed on this planet, that's the team that I'd follow.   Just plain ole fun !!

I'd have to agree with you on this one!! :yes:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:LSU probably has the best football environment and the most fun.

That's actually a pretty good team to go with.  Great atmosphere, great fans, and always have a pretty good team.

If you wanted to know who I think was playing the best at this point of the season, it would be LSU.  They had a rough start to the year, but they can spoil a lot of teams hopes now.

Quote:That's actually a pretty good team to go with.  Great atmosphere, great fans, and always have a pretty good team.

If you wanted to know who I think was playing the best at this point of the season, it would be LSU.  They had a rough start to the year, but they can spoil a lot of teams hopes now.

Just don't start with the "geaux" crap...it's just really annoying!!!

Geaux Gata

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Geaux Gata

Thanks for providing a visual for its annoyingness!!! :thumbsup:

Quote:Thanks for providing a visual for its annoyingness!!! :thumbsup:
le se Bon ton roulette

Has anybody suggest Georgia Tech? 

Great logo.  Great fight song.  "Local" and on TV. 

Good academics too.

This might be an incredibly naive thing to say, but are the Gators not worth following ?

Quote:This might be an incredibly naive thing to say, but are the Gators not worth following ?

They are just sort of down in the dumps right now.  Huge fan base, huge budget...just need a coach.