Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How are game times determined?

Some of them are obvious like ND/FSU, but how do you explain 7:00 p.m. for Idaho/Florida, which would have been a blowout, or Ohio State playing at 8:00 three straight weeks? Why are some of the best games played at noon while lopsided matchups such as Illinois/Ohio State tomorrow get the prime time slots? There also are too many night games in the Pacific 12, which is fully aware fans on the East Cast can't stay up until 2:00 a.m. to watch a 10:30 game. TV networks never schedule all 12 games at the beginning of the season, so you would think they were better at selecting games played early and games played late.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The networks need to spread out their good games. Also, playing a team from the West Coast it's not surprising they have a later start time.

They draw them out of a hat.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

I asked this before and I think the best response stated they were determined by the network affiliates.  Therefore if ABC is affiliated with the Big 10, they are putting on OSU in the prime time slot because that is their biggest draw nationally (ratings).  I didn't verify but it seems logical.

Quote:I asked this before and I think the best response stated they were determined by the network affiliates.  Therefore if ABC is affiliated with the Big 10, they are putting on OSU in the prime time slot because that is their biggest draw nationally (ratings).  I didn't verify but it seems logical.

But MIchigan State has been ranked higher than Ohio State since the Virginia Tech game, so why doesn't ABC show more MSU games? Of course I am not complaining. It is just not logical to pick my team when another Big Ten team is ranked higher.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!