Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mid Season Mock draft

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2014, 08:10 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Get one of the top TE's in free agency and trade back to pick around 10 to get an extra 2nd and maybe aditional picks

1. Shaq Thompson, OLB, Wash. - Will start at Sam at day 1

2. Spencer Drango, OT, Bay. - We resign Pasztor and Drango competes for the start from day one and likely takes the RT position

2. Denzel Perryman, MLB, Mia. - Poz replacement if he can take the spot from JT Thomas

3. Derron Smith, FS, Fres. St. - Fast ballhawking safety, 14 career INTs

4. Ladarius Gunter, CB, Mia. - Big corner with huge upside

5. Sean Mannion, QB, Ok. St.- Back up qb for Bortles with upside

6. Jalston Fowler, FB, Ala. - FB for Alabama and would probably take the starting spot

7. Jon Feliciano, OG, Mia. - One of Fisch guards out of Miami for depth

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd be happy with this, although would be happier if the Jags could get an impact pass rusher like Randy Gregory in the first round. 

Quote:I'd be happy with this, although would be happier if the Jags could get an impact pass rusher like Randy Gregory in the first round.
you would rather have Gregory than Thompson and Perryman?

I don't think shaq Thompson is that great of a linebacker. I think he's a dynamic overall athelete and football player, but I think there are better guys out there for that lb spot.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:you would rather have Gregory than Thompson and Perryman?

Yes.

Quote:I don't think shaq Thompson is that great of a linebacker. I think he's a dynamic overall athelete and football player, but I think there are better guys out there for that lb spot.
like who?

Quote:like who?

well it depends. are you advocating shaq just because we need better linebackers in general? or what specific role in our defense do you anticipate him playing?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Lets do it like this. Like the draft but I would love to get Randy Gregory or Leonard Williams. Trade to 5-8 and pick up one of these guys.

With the 2nd rounders get the BAP but in MLB category. and also try to find a huge RT that can play G if needed to. The rest I agree on!

I think that with the recent improvement in the defense and the arrival of a running game it's no longer as clear what our biggest need is.

Not that long ago we would have said the secondary and the O line, but they've improved a lot. And is it still a priority to get someone to pile up the sacks when we're near the top of the sack-league ?

At this stage I still think defense is the biggest need, but it will be interesting to see how we see things by the end of the season...

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...-dreaming/

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">We will be in the top 3 and I'm assuming right now we land the top pick!

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">If they stay at #1 the pick is......

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">1- Select: Leonard Williams DT (without a doubt!)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">If trade, trade will be down in top 3-5.... (1st and 2nd this year and third 2016 for trade down)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">1- Select: Trade down again from 3-5 to 5-8

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">If trade down in top 5-8..... (1st and second this year)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Jags then pick:

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">1- Shawn Oakman DE (BAP between 5-8)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2A- (#34) and #4 (#134) and #6 move back up to #25 (Browns 2nd first round pick-from buffalo) 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Jags Take Todd Gurley RB

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2B-PJ Williams CB

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2C-Denzell Perryman LB

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">3- Nick Oleary TE

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">5- Hroniss Grasu C

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">7-Who ever you want

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote: 

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...-dreaming/

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);"> 

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">We will be in the top 3 and I'm assuming right now we land the top pick!

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">If they stay at #1 the pick is......

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">1- Select: Leonard Williams DT (without a doubt!)

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">If trade, trade will be down in top 3-5.... (1st and 2nd this year and third 2016 for trade down)

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">1- Select: Trade down again from 3-5 to 5-8

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">If trade down in top 5-8..... (1st and second this year)

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">Jags then pick:

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">1- Shawn Oakman DE (BAP between 5-8)

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">2A- (#34) and #4 (#134) and #6 move back up to #25 (Browns 2nd first round pick-from buffalo) 

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">Jags Take Todd Gurley RB

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">2B-PJ Williams CB

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">2C-Denzell Perryman LB

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">3- Nick Oleary TE

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">5- Hroniss Grasu C

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">7-Who ever you want

0% chance Grasu makes it to round 5. Some people have him mocked to the first round. I dont see him going any later than rd 3.

Quote:well it depends. are you advocating shaq just because we need better linebackers in general? or what specific role in our defense do you anticipate him playing?
He could play any of them, but he would play Otto with Telvin at Will

Shaq Thompson is a stud but he is not going to be a strongside backer in the NFL.

Quote:Shaq Thompson is a stud but he is not going to be a strongside backer in the NFL.
What makes you think he could play Otto position?  If we drafted him where would he play?

Quote:What makes you think he could play Otto position?  If we drafted him where would he play?

OTTO is the strongside. 

Quote:OTTO is the strongside.
yes, if you see in the op I put Thompson at Sam which is strong side and Telvin at Will. If JT keeps improving I don't think we need to go OLB in the early rounds. So what makes you think he couldn't play Otto?

Quote:yes, if you see in the op I put Thompson at Sam which is strong side and Telvin at Will. If JT keeps improving I don't think we need to go OLB in the early rounds. So what makes you think he couldn't play Otto?

He only weights 228 lbs for one thing.

Caldwell does want to go to a more athletic and fast set of LB's.. So Shaq could make sense. Plus he can play rb for us...

I see a FS who can tackle as the greatest need.  Need should meet availability in round 2.

Second need is to upgrade the OLB position.  Best outcome here is to trade back in round 1 and pick up Thompson or Beasley.  If Oakland sticks with Carr, the Jaguars may actually be able to trade back in round one.