Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags 2015 DRAFT -Dreaming

I think we take the top pick in 2015.....Lots of teams needs a QB and there is Mariota, Winston, Hundley, Cooks, etc..

Needy teams are the texans, bucs, jets, rams, etc...

Jags Needs: (not in any order below)

OL- Third/Fourth

DL- First

FS- Second/Third

RB- Third

TE-Third/Fourth

LB- Second/Third

We will be in the top 3 and I'm assuming right now we land the top pick!

If they stay at #1 the pick is......

1- Select: Leonard Williams DT (without a doubt!)

If trade, trade will be down in top 3-5.... (1st and 2nd this year and third 2016 for trade down)

1- Select: Trade down again from 3-5 to 5-8

If trade down in top 5-8..... (1st and second this year)

Jags then pick:

1- Shawn Oakman DE (BAP between 5-8)

2A- (#34) and #4 (#134) and #6 move back up to #25 (Browns 2nd first round pick-from buffalo) 

Jags Take Todd Gurley RB

2B-PJ Williams CB

2C-Denzell Perryman LB

3- Nick Oleary TE

5- Hroniss Grasu C

7-Who ever you want

SUPER BOWL...............OK just woke up! 

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pft. .only 1 SECZ player? What a riot. And no one from the Colorado School of Mines??

On paper though, that seems like a solid draft. It would be ideal to possibly trade down
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Positions of need (no particular order): FS, MLB, OLB, DT, CB, G, OT, TE

Without trade back:

Round 1 - Leonard Williams (DL), Randy Gregory (DE), or Shawn Oakman (DE)

Round 2 - Derron Smith (FS), Kurtis Drummond (FS), or Cody Prewitt (FS)

Round 3 - Jeff Heuerman (TE)

Round 4 - Josh Shaw (CB)

Round 5 - Trenton Brown (OT) unless Corey Robinson (OT) is available

Round 6 - Stephone Anthony (ILB)

Round 7 - undecided

With trade back. Possible Candidates: Falcons (Pass Rusher), All teams needing QB

Round 1 - Benardrick McKinney (ILB)

Round 2 - Derron Smith (FS)

Round 2 - Tre Jackson (G)

Round 3 - Jeff Heuerman (TE)

Round 4 - Corey Robinson (OT)

Round 4 - Josh Shaw (CB)

Round 5 - DE or OLB

Round 6 - DT

Round 7 - C or RB

The trade back only nets an extra 2nd and 4th if not being stingy. I chose McKinney as an OLB can be had fairly easily in the future. Otherwise it would have been Shaq Thompson.

Also a case can be made to turn Josh Shaw into a FS as he has the build and experience in college at the position. This would give a 2nd round pick to address another area. Perhaps Roy Miller's replacement or depth if not resigned.

If my trade back scenario happened, I would have to make sure it wasn't a dream.

I like this but I would love to trade down. If we end up with the number one pick, I think it will help us much better than having the number 2 pick because we can trade down enough and still be in top 5 for QB needy team and still get talent to help this roster and get an extra 2nd round pick.

My take would be trade down from 1 to 4 get next years 1st this years 2nd and 4th. 

I would love to take Leonard Williams at 4 but if he is not there I would trade down anywhere from 5-8 and get Brandon Scherff OL who can play tackle or guard.

I would use the 2 2nd round picks on MLB(might have to trade up for one) and another LB like Shaq Thompson. 

I would be super happy with that right there and would be very confident in this team to perform at a high level next year if Jedd Fisch and do a good job helping Bortles get better.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2014, 11:17 AM by badger.)

Nick Oleary?  Please no.  Stop.  He's slow and short for a TE.  Please, just.... NO.  He plays with the best QB in college football.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think if we get a top 3 pick we will trade. Hopefully, teams fall in love with Mariota, Winston, Huntley, and the kid from Mich St.

Personally though Huntley is my favorite prospect

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2014, 01:15 PM by badger.)

his name is Connor Cook

teams will be willing to sell the farm for Jameis.  So hopefully we get the first pick and do one of these:

A.  Trade pick for a ton

B.  Trade Bortles and pick Jameis

Quote:his name is Connor Cook

teams will be willing to sell the farm for Jameis. So hopefully we get the first pick and do one of these:

A. Trade pick for a ton

B. Trade Bortles and pick Jameis

No one is giving up the farm for jameis. With all those red flags I just don't see it happening.

He really isn't even that good.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."