Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles sucks and a major bust. Henne should be the starter

Quote:I don't understand why folks are too sensitive to admit Carr has played better.

That doesn't mean you're a Bortles hater or not a Jag fan.  That just makes you objective and honest.

That also doesn't mean Bortles can't have the better career in the long run.

Bortles started out great when he first got in the game and played.

Great 2nd half against the colts and great start to the Chargers game.

After that point, it's been pretty up and down with a lot of INT, some even turning into pick-sixes.

His level of play has dropped off since his great start and the last 2 games he has been really bad.

Since that time Carr has outplayed him in the stats column and considering how bad BB is playing right now, Carr is surely playing better right now.

Of course that could all change in a week or 2, but the Jags have a very tough 3 game stretch before they play at the bank again so it will be very challenging road ahead for them.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It is way to early into BB NFL career to put ANY label on him except rookie.

He will play himself into the appropriate label in the next few seasons and it will be then that we will all know what the Jags have in BB.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:So you've come to this conclusion after 5 games? The patience of fans (and society in general) is embarrassing.

Agreed. It is past amazing and has reached the point of hilarity that people think a young QB has reached his potential after 5 games. Especially one with as much obvious raw ability as this guy. What in the hell is wrong with people?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Agreed. It is past amazing and has reached the point of hilarity that people think a young QB has reached his potential after 5 games. Especially one with as much obvious raw ability as this guy. What in the hell is wrong with people?

How do we know he hasn't peaked already? We don't.  An opinion is an opinion....take it with a grain of salt.  Nobody has to agree.

Quote:How do we know he hasn't peaked already? We don't. An opinion is an opinion....take it with a grain of salt. Nobody has to agree.

But that's the point, you see? The folks throwing out the bust label are saying they *do* know he's peaked. It's an opinion and they have the right to it, just like the rest of us have the right to ridicule it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:But that's the point, you see? The folks throwing out the bust label are saying they *do* know he's peaked. It's an opinion and they have the right to it, just like the rest of us have the right to ridicule it.

Yes, fair enough.  But that quote was a response to me making the assumption of Bortles just becoming average, which I don't exactly think is a bad thing. There really isn't many elite QB's in the league right now.  I think Bortles would be pretty decent on another team, but I just don't think the Jaguars good enough....to get him over the hump.  I read some of the posts and people say things like let him work out the kinks and these are just normal rookie mistakes.....and I somewhat agree to all of that.  But, I just think the team is so bad, that really nobody can succeed here for the time being.  Maybe experience will change all of that and the team will mesh better next year.  Anyway....would be nice to W against the Bengals to brighten things up a bit.

Quote:Didn't like picking Bortles in the first-round. Way too high and too many other needs. But, what's done is done. We'll have a high pick in 2016. Might as well see if he sinks or swims. We're essentially in the same position as the Jets with Geno Smith, only a year earlier in the process. Just as the Jets probably set its franchise back three years with the pick of Smith in the second round, I believe that the Jags probably set its franchise back three years with the pick of Bortles in the first round. Hope I'm wrong, but it would be even more wrong to not give the kid at least a couple of years to see what he can do. We can always hit the reset button at QB in 2016 if needed.
wow

This will be an interesting thread to revisit a year from now.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]