Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jedd Fisch Isn't Helping

Althought he may not always call the exact right plays at the right time, I like his innovation a lot. He has some funky plays and they usually work. He'll be a much better OC when BB is a much better QB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I believe that with all of these rookies and 2nd year players the entire coaching staff is playing it close to the vest.  I wish they would stop doing that.  Much like Bortles these "kids" are progressing rather quickly as a group.  Hopefully they will loosen up after the bye week and start attacking the opposing defense the way Blake did in the 2nd half against Indy.  The original poster is correct about one thing, the corners are sitting on routes just waiting to make a pick.  I wish they would exploit that soon.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

.... to be honest, in watching the past 2 games, I'm convinced that this coaching staff is overachieving.

Quote:Jimmies and Joes not x's and o's.  I believe that with every fiber of my being.  That being said, you have to have basic schematic design for certain concepts to be effective.  Ultimately Blake is responsible for letting the ball go, but go back and look at the first pick six.  Nick Jacobs is literally 4 yards away from cecil shorts.  That's horrible spacing.  The second pick six you're trying to run a double move to a 15 yard comeback against a corner who isn't afraid of shorts getting by him.  He never takes his eyes off the QB and exploded to the ball.  It was negated by a penalty but there was one sack where we lined up in an empty set after joeckel had gone out of the game with a rookie backup left tackle and the guy who just blocked a friggin field goal lined up across from him and Blake predictably got killed after wells got worked like a part time Job.  Another sack on a zone dog delayed blitz were running a two man route out of I formation, no hot route, no identification.  This offensive scheme isn't keeping anyone up at night.  At this point every cornerback who plays us knows that we put ourselves voluntarily in a 15 yard box that we will not escape. 

Clay Harbor showed that he can run away from safeties.  We are going out of our way to make sure that he doesn't threaten the seam of the defense.  Allen Hurns has shown repeatedly that he can get on top of defenders, we have him running three yard drag routes.  Denard Robinson can't be covered one on one buy a linebacker in this league and I haven't seen him split out and used effectively in the passing game yet. 

Allen Robinson is big, physical and will go get the football.  Quick, how many fade routes have we seen in the red zone to him?  What about developing report on the backshoulder?  Peyton Manning is going to the hall of fame because every time he was in the red zone he threw the same exact route to reggie wayne who did the same exact toe drag and had the same little rubber pelots fly up while I threw my lunch back up.  We find players that actually have defined skill sets and we have an offensive coordinator that tries his best to make sure that we don't let them do it.  Because obviously its not about the skills the guys have, it's about "11 personell twins right ace lucky 47 deuce turbo barrel clear on two instead of throwing it to the 6-3 guy when  he's one on one with the 5-10 guy"

It reminds me of having matt jones the softy fast guy running slants and reggie Williams the average speed tough guy with no ball skills running deep. 

Noticed Luck has a RB bail out throw available about 5-7 yards downfield on every play available.  Where's out safety blanket for BB?

Shorts isn't a #1 caliber receiver and doesn't help the QB out much.

I'm not sure about the spacing with the TE and WR on the play you referenced.  The timing of the throw and INT could have highlighted where the routes cross.

I do agree in general that Fisch seems to figure things out and then run away from what's working (i.e. why did he stop feeding D ROB yesterday?). Wallbash

Quote:D Rob was on fire with 100 yards at the half, but of course it makes sense to pull him and put the game in an already struggling Bortles hands being down by the insurmountable 7-3 lead. 
Right because NFL defenses are too stupid to adjust to a RB that ate them alive for a half. Only an idiot OC would call passing plays designed to attack a run centric defense.

Quote:Noticed Luck has a RB bail out throw available about 5-7 yards downfield on every play available.  Where's out safety blanket for BB?

Shorts isn't a #1 caliber receiver and doesn't help the QB out much.

I'm not sure about the spacing with the TE and WR on the play you referenced.  The timing of the throw and INT could have highlighted where the routes cross.

I do agree in general that Fisch seems to figure things out and then run away from what's working (i.e. why did he stop feeding D ROB yesterday?). Wallbash
Our RB has to stay and help pass protect behind our inexperienced line. Indy doesn't have that issue to overcome.

I would have liked to see D-Rob used more in the 2nd half, there's no doubt about that.

To be honest, Fish wasn't the issue yesterday.  He just wasn't.  I've been the most vocal about my dissatisfaction about our OC.  But yesterday I thought was a pretty darn good game plan, and some pretty darn good plays.

Yes, we probably shouldn't have gotten away from Shoelace in the 2nd half...  But I can't fault the OC in terms of trying to get a passing game going.

I was very close yesterday in starting an "eating crow" thread about the OC...  If we could have won that game, I would totally have flipped over.  But as of now, I'm feeling a bit more confident in Fish.  I'm not quite ready to say I have full confidence in him, but I thought he called a pretty good game for the most part.

It was a lack of execution that killed us, not the scheme or play calling yesterday.

GO JAGS!

Quote:Right because NFL defenses are too stupid to adjust to a RB that ate them alive for a half. Only an idiot OC would call passing plays designed to attack a run centric defense.

Oh I agree, putting the game in the hands of an already struggling rookie qb was the right choice, which is why the 2nd pick 6 wasn't a shock to anyone because it was designed as a part of the gameplan.  I agree with the 2nd point also, I mean they're only #3 in passing defense....attack through the air with the (did i mention) already struggling rookie qb...don't force them to make their adjustments to the rb that's shredding them...no make the adjustment for them by pull him all together.

Fisch runs a lot of good plays,  but his play calling isn't good.

don't run 3 straight screens, that's something a 12 year old on madden does

Quote:Oh I agree, putting the game in the hands of an already struggling rookie qb was the right choice, which is why the 2nd pick 6 wasn't a shock to anyone because it was designed as a part of the gameplan.  I agree with the 2nd point also, I mean they're only #3 in passing defense....attack through the air with the (did i mention) already struggling rookie qb...don't force them to make their adjustments to the rb that's shredding them...no make the adjustment for them by pull him all together.
Obviously you would know better than the coaches on the sideline as to what defensive tactics the phins were implementing. If they were making adjustments to defend the run, we all know you would be the first one to figure that out. Since you saw perfectly well that the phins made no adjustment to counter DRobs impact, then obviously Jed and the entire offensive coaching staff had their heads up their rears.

Maybe you should write a book to pass on your brilliant new idea that coaches can make adjustments during the game. I'm sure the phins defensive coaches would be thrilled with your enlightening concept.

Quote:Fisch runs a lot of good plays, but his play calling isn't good.

don't run 3 straight screens, that's something a 12 year old on madden does

He called 3 straight screens?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Obviously you would know better than the coaches on the sideline as to what defensive tactics the phins were implementing. If they were making adjustments to defend the run, we all know you would be the first one to figure that out. Since you saw perfectly well that the phins made no adjustment to counter DRobs impact, then obviously Jed and the entire offensive coaching staff had their heads up their rears.

Maybe you should write a book to pass on your brilliant new idea that coaches can make adjustments during the game. I'm sure the phins defensive coaches would be thrilled with your enlightening concept.

I agree, only a top notch coach could be rated at the bottom of the league in most every offensive statistics, all those defensive adjustments left DRob with a pathetic 5 ypc just in the 2nd.  I don't know why you keep responding I agree, letting a struggling qb put more of the load on his shoulders does make sense, the 2nd pick 6 just exemplified what a good decision that was.