Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Questions and comments about the game

Quote:Two Dolphins offensive linemen went down and we had no explanation. Let's just chalk it up to one of the poorest media coverages of a game I have ever seen. It is what it is. 

The same commentators were in Jacksonville last week. Andrew Catalon said the stupidest thing I ever heard on TV then: "Josh Scobee made 6 out of 5 field goals. He had one blocked." Uh, what?

Today he did not even have Mike Carey talk directly to viewers. It was like getting an injury report when he said Carey agreed with the completed catch ruling. I did not like that at all.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It wasn't a pigeon it was a vulture feasting the the offense. 

Quote:It wasn't a pigeon. It was a vulture feasting on the offense. 

Actually our offense was pretty good at sustaining drives. We just could not finish them with scores and that was our fault.

So if that bird is not a pidgeon, what is it? Definitely not a vulture feasting on the offense.

today was the first time I had a problem with fisch calling plays

they should have kept pounding drob, but instead he was so eager to get bortles going that he kept calling pass plays hoping bortles would shake it off

it's clear to me now that I think he wants to play a more passing game oriented offense, which I hate. I like hard defense and tough running game into play action type football. Pound the ball with a big strong offensive line again and again to keep the heat off your QB is my style of play and I'm not sure fisch is going to do that.

I also hated the fact that he called a damn screen pass to slowby, that craps getting old. Pound with gerhart down hill in between the tackles and nothing else.

I also think he's getting away from moving bortles around in the pocket. These bootlegs are good because as much as people wanna see bortles stand tall back there and read the defense, he simply doesn't have time because this o line can't protect him when the opponents d line can just pin their ears back and rush.

fisch got away from calling screens today as well, and again the oline and bortles paid for it.

needs to keep moving that pocket and keep doing what he's been doing despite what many on here claim. Makes me lol so hard when I see these posts wanting to see 4-5 wr patterns as if this o line and bortles isn't going to get absolutely lit up.

I just really hope fisch isn't trying to make this a passing oriented offense. I want a physical running game with a physical defense and bortles doesn't need to be throwing the damn ball unless he has too right now with the way his confidence is quite honestly SHOT

my thoughts

Paksat, this is not the JDR era. We don't have running backs like Fred Taylor and MJD anymore. Right now we have more talent at quarterback and wide receiver than running back and offensive line. Next year we will do some great things with a more balanced attack. At this point we are just trying to figure out what works and what doesn't.

12 interceptions isn't working

Quote:Was the second pick.....Bortles threw a back shoulder....Shorts went fade.

Penalty was illegal contact

Dear I saw, Bortles is in a regressive funk
I believe even if Cecil ran a back shoulder route it would of been picked. The DB was sititng on the route the whole time.

Quote:The same commentators were in Jacksonville last week. Andrew Catalon said the stupidest thing I ever heard on TV then: "Josh Scobee made 6 out of 5 field goals. He had one blocked." Uh, what?

Today he did not even have Mike Carey talk directly to viewers. It was like getting an injury report when he said Carey agreed with the completed catch ruling. I did not like that at all.

Hey, they improved in one area: I didn't hear Beerline tell the world (again, for, like, the 5th time this year) that he was the Jags starting QB for two and half quarters before he got yanked.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I believe even if Cecil ran a back shoulder route it would of been picked. The DB was sititng on the route the whole time.
Yeah he's staring the receivers down. Once the backs play Off, they'll eventually know where he's going

Quote:I believe even if Cecil ran a back shoulder route it would of been picked. The DB was sititng on the route the whole time.

The DB was in front of Cecil, who apparently was not sure where he was supposed to wait for the ball. That pass was bad at both ends.

Quote:Hey, they improved in one area: I didn't hear Beerline tell the world (again, for, like, the 5th time this year) that he was the Jags starting QB for two and half quarters before he got yanked.

I never heard Steve Beuerelin say that, but Andrew Catalon repeated he was the first quarterback in team history (like he does every time we get  that crew).

Quote:Yeah he's staring the receivers down. Once the backs play off, they'll eventually know where he's going.

Who are you talking about? Certainly not Blake Bortles, who has done a good job of looking one way and throwing another.

Cecil ran the right route..Blake made a bad throw...Cecil did a double move Blake pump the ball and then threw it... That's on Blake... Watch the film