Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thoughts From the Other Side

Quote:You have a good young team with a solid coaching staff.  The Jaguars dominated the Dolphins for the majority of the game, and the only reason Miami wasn't completely blown out is that you are starting a very raw rookie quarterback who absolutely needs more time in the oven.  Miami has one of the best defenses in the NFL and you made them look foolish in the first half.   You take away two exceptionally bad throws by a rookie QB, and you probably win that game.  Your defense is excellent and the Dolphins were COMPLETELY outcoached by Bradley and his staff.

I realize that losing stinks, but you guys shouldn't be down on your team today.  Give Bortles time to develop and you'll have a good team.  Scoop up a couple of blue chip talents at #3 and #35 in the draft and you'll be a much better team next season.

I was stunned to see people on this board calling for Bradley's head.  Miami was completely and utterly out-coached in that game.

Thank you for the honest assesment.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Don't get me wrong, I don't support you guys.  I'm being honest.  I'm being polite and respectful because this is your board, but what I posted was absolute honesty. 

As for shutting down Mike Wallace, you guys did get away with a few holds on him that I saw.  That's good defense, though, that's what Bradley learned in Seattle.  You do it when you can get away with it.  More than anything, your defensive line shut down our passing game.  We struggle badly against top notch front-fours because our interior OL is horrible.

I didn't take your comments to be disingenuous at all. It was a good and positive assessment. And you are quite right, BB's ints were exceptionally bad, as was the fumble. Seemed like his long balls were also in that category.

I am going to just try to forget Blake's game today. I hope he studies his [BLEEP] off and figures out exactly what the problems were.

I was proud of our D, they brought us more than enough to win without our MLB Pozluszny. That's the kind of performance the EXCELLENT teams put up.

Quote:I didn't take your comments to be disingenuous at all. It was a good and positive assessment. And you are quite right, BB's interceptions were exceptionally bad, as was the fumble. Seemed like his long balls were also in that category.

I am going to just try to forget Blake's game today. I hope he studies his butt off and figures out exactly what the problems were.

I was proud of our D, they brought us more than enough to win without our MLB Pozluszny. That's the kind of performance the EXCELLENT teams put up.

Don't worry about the studying part. Blake Bortles works 13 hours a day and continues to study after he goes home. The fumble was just good defense. I was not mad at him for using bad mechanics on one pass. That was a rookie mistake and there appeared to be a route error by Cecil Shorts.

With a defensive line like ours, we can live a few weeks without Poz. But I don't think that will last forever with the Cowboys, Colts, and Ravens coming up.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2014, 08:39 AM by CowJag.)

Quote:You have a good young team with a solid coaching staff.  The Jaguars dominated the Dolphins for the majority of the game, and the only reason Miami wasn't completely blown out is that you are starting a very raw rookie quarterback who absolutely needs more time in the oven.  Miami has one of the best defenses in the NFL and you made them look foolish in the first half.   You take away two exceptionally bad throws by a rookie QB, and you probably win that game.  Your defense is excellent and the Dolphins were COMPLETELY outcoached by Bradley and his staff.

I realize that losing stinks, but you guys shouldn't be down on your team today.  Give Bortles time to develop and you'll have a good team.  Scoop up a couple of blue chip talents at #3 and #35 in the draft and you'll be a much better team next season.

I was stunned to see people on this board calling for Bradley's head.  Miami was completely and utterly out-coached in that game.
1st season going to Jags games and a lifelong Cowboys fan, I agree with everything you said.  The Jags dominated this game and should have won.  Bortles has absolutley no protection.  Not to mention Paul P, Ball and Branch were out.  

Quote:1st season going to Jags games and a lifelong Cowboys fan, I agree with everything you said.  The Jags dominated this game and should have won.  Bortles has absolutely no protection.  Not to mention Paul P, Ball and Branch were out.  

I never thought we missed Branch. His replacement was Ryan Davis, who had two sacks. The reason Jacksonville lost was obviously the turnovers. The guy we missed the most was Luke Joeckel. not a defensive player.

It wasn't just Blake Bortles. Josh Scobee had no protection either. When a kick is blocked, it usually is the offensive line's fault.

The arrow is always pointing up. It takes a while, but we will eventually get over the hump and do some great things on offense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!