Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Guster's Last Stand

Quote:So he isn't any good because he throws bad challenges and now he isn't any good because he wouldn't throw a bad challenge.

Do you realize how stupid you sound?
I don't ever recall saying I was smart. Since you know everything at what part of the game did I said he should've thrown the flag today?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2014, 04:39 AM by Predator.)

Quote:I don't ever recall saying I was smart. Since you know everything at what part of the game did I said he should've thrown the flag today?
I don't know, you tell us Einstein. You were the one calling him gun shy for not throwing the flag. Sorry for assuming you had some clue as to what you were babbling about.

Now you are making not saying you were smart sound like you were giving yourself a compliment.

Why does Bradley get blamed when he is given second rate talent by the GM? Top to bottom, this is probably a bottom 3 team talent wise. It's not Gus' fault that his players simply aren't as good as who they are going up against each week. The D has been playing stellar thus far, which is more attributable to Gus than the bad play on offense. I hope Gus gets another year and Caldwell builds this team via the draft and free agency. If the Jags O-Line is even slightly above average next year, I think they can win quite a few games. Hopefully Blackmon makes it back as well.

Blackmon and the Robinsons would be a lot of fun to watch next year.

Quote:It's not about the INT'S and fumble. It's about bad use of timeouts and challenges. Players not lining up in the right place. Not being able to block on a field goal. Simple things we can't get right.

Actually, the loss to Miami really was about the ints and fumble.

Quote:Why does Bradley get blamed when he is given second rate talent by the GM? Top to bottom, this is probably a bottom 3 team talent wise. It's not Gus' fault that his players simply aren't as good as who they are going up against each week. The D has been playing stellar thus far, which is more attributable to Gus than the bad play on offense. I hope Gus gets another year and Caldwell builds this team via the draft and free agency. If the Jags O-Line is even slightly above average next year, I think they can win quite a few games. Hopefully Blackmon makes it back as well.

Blackmon and the Robinsons would be a lot of fun to watch next year.

Regardless of whether people think it's fair or not, the reality is that caldwell will likely be here longer than gus. General managers are usually given the opportunity to hire a second guy.

Thing is, next year will be year 3.... If we only end up with 3 wins this year, i have a hard time believing dave will throw all his eggs in the bradley basket next year. The gus bus is breaking down.

I cant imagine they went into this year thinking fewer than 4 wins was a possibility. Boy, do things change quickly

I keep reading that a team can't win with so many rookies on the field. Well who the hell put them on the field?

Regards...................the Chiefjag

"...How many illegal formation or shift penalties has the team had?..."

Aren't the Jags are the least penalized team? Or somewhere close to the top anyways?

Quote:"...How many illegal formation or shift penalties has the team had?..."

Aren't the Jags are the least penalized team? Or somewhere close to the top anyways?

Yep.

Quote:It's not about the INT'S and fumble. It's about bad use of timeouts and challenges. Players not lining up in the right place. Not being able to block on a field goal. Simple things we can't get right.

Pretty sure you're reaching to make your point.  Statistically speaking over the last 10 years, if your team throws a pick 6 in a game there is a 78% chance that you will lose.  If you throw 2 pick 6's in one game, your chances of losing jump to over 99.5%.  It's extremely far fetched to single out a coach's game management as the underlying reason with those stats staring you in the face.  I'm not suggesting you aren't entitled to your wrong opinion, but yesterday's game was not the right one to use as the basis for your claim.

Quote:Pretty sure you're reaching to make your point.  Statistically speaking over the last 10 years, if your team throws a pick 6 in a game there is a 78% chance that you will lose.  If you throw 2 pick 6's in one game, your chances of losing jump to over 99.5%.  It's extremely far fetched to single out a coach's game management as the underlying reason with those stats staring you in the face.  I'm not suggesting you aren't entitled to your wrong opinion, but yesterday's game was not the right one to use as the basis for your claim.

Your percentages are based on what?  Reference?

Quote:Your percentages are based on what?  Reference?

The game play finder at Pro-Football-Reference.com.  Specifically at the following link:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/pl...finder.cgi

I pulled all games where a pick 6 was thrown since 2004.  I deleted the spreadsheet that I pulled the data into so I'm not giving precise numbers here but if you threw a pick 6 it was like 425 games ended in a loss and 120 ended in a win.  Only 2 times since 2004 did a team throw 2 pick 6's and still win the game.  Were the percentages that hard to believe?  

Owned

Quote:The game play finder at Pro-Football-Reference.com. Specifically at the following link:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/play_finder.cgi'>http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/play_finder.cgi</a>

I pulled all games where a pick 6 was thrown since 2004. I deleted the spreadsheet that I pulled the data into so I'm not giving precise numbers here but if you threw a pick 6 it was like 425 games ended in a loss and 120 ended in a win. Only 2 times since 2004 did a team throw 2 pick 6's and still win the game. Were the percentages that hard to believe?

Interesting: So the consensus of a few (and that's an improvement from the past) are that because Bradley put in Bortles (when the fans were screaming for Bortles...I was at the Clots game) and Bortles is doing EXACTLY what Bradley said he was gonna do (play like a raw rookie) Bradley needs to go. That makes sense...in nowhere I know of. 

We have more rookies starting on offense than most teams have on their 53 (that is wild speculation on my part, but I am comfortable that it is close to accurate). And it is interesting that the majority of rooks are where our biggest problem is: passing...we have a rookie QB throwing to rookie WR's. And we see brilliant moments interspersed with bonehead plays (sometimes Bortles, sometimes (and less obvious) the wide receiver). 

And we throw Caldwell under the bus because we didn't spend heavily in free agency this year. Consider: the area where Caldwell did spend was on Defense. Now that the D has come together, was it money well spent? I think so. Would having a big-ticket WR have improved Henne's play to the point where he was a world-beater? Nah. Would it improve Bortles? Sure, but enough to make us a playoff team? Nah. Shad, Caldwell and Bradley have a three-year plan. It is year two. 

Next year, we have a sophmore QB who will most likely have gotten most of the stupidity out of his game. It happens, and I really do think the kid has great potential. He has moments of brilliance, and those will continue to overshadow his mistakes. Our wide receivers will all have another year of experience and will show who they really are...which should be pretty good...if not top quarter of the league or better. Especially if we get JB back and his head is screwed on tightly. The D will not get any worse, and we are seeing the youngsters on D step up and make me believe that they will get better. And with a high draft position (and Caldwell's drafts have been good to excellent) AND money to spend on free agency? We should have a pretty darn good team. 

See...you make a plan and you live with the plan. And it turns out...and at midcourse, it IS turning out. This team isn't the same team which was playing in the first quarter of the season. Remember when we had 10 first downs to our opponent's 100 first downs? Remember when the D got worn out because every time the O got on the field there was a three and out? Now we get drives and our defense gets stops. Sure, the O screws up (ok, currently Bortles and the WR's screw up) and give the ball away, but that can be fixed, and will be fixed with experience. 

It all really hinges on Bortles. Is he the real deal? He looks like the real deal most of the time. He also looks like a boneheaded rookie on occasion. Which he is. Well, not boneheaded per se, but certainly a rookie. If he goes as I and most of us expect, and with the growth we can expect, next year will be a great year, and the next one after that? Sky's the limit. And all of the kids that make us crazy today will STILL be on their rookie contracts. Live the plan. It is a good one. Even if we don't get a few meaningless wins this year (and at this point, basically, they are all meaningless...we aren't gonna get to the playoffs this year). Oh, and for all of y'all who whine that since you have tickets you deserve a winning team this year? No, you don't. You deserve a good game-day experience, and the one you are getting is pretty darn good. Cleveland was fun, and Miami was fun a lot of the time. And the stadium is terrific. You are getting a great experience. It will be greater with W's, but it is still great! Compared to, say, the first home game this year...

Jim

Just a broke-down old college OT...

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2014, 10:37 AM by Jaguarmeister.)

Quote:Interesting: So the consensus of a few (and that's an improvement from the past) are that because Bradley put in Bortles (when the fans were screaming for Bortles...I was at the Clots game) and Bortles is doing EXACTLY what Bradley said he was gonna do (play like a raw rookie) Bradley needs to go. That makes sense...in nowhere I know of. 

A little long winded and some will probably skip over it as a result, but nice post.  Spot on throughout.

Quote:"...How many illegal formation or shift penalties has the team had?..."

Seems like the penalties only occur during the worst times, like a holding call on a made FG.
No commercial messages in sigs