Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tight End Prospects

Is Funchess against being an NFL tight end now? I feel like he's gonna be a stud.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Weird name

Quote:Weird name
scratch him off the list then

The ones with the good names are the players we need to take a good look at

Funchess would be the best TE prospect since Vernon Davis, but unfortunately (for fantasy football at least) it looks like he's going to be successful in his transition to WR.

Funchess just isnt built for an NFL TE

Quote:Funchess would be the best TE prospect since Vernon Davis, but unfortunately (for fantasy football at least) it looks like he's going to be successful in his transition to WR.
No

Quote:Funchess would be the best TE prospect since Vernon Davis, but unfortunately (for fantasy football at least) it looks like he's going to be successful in his transition to WR.

i dont think i agree with the first part and i think teams are going to put him in a TE role either way when he gets to the NFL. he would play that "move" TE role, similar to aaron hernandez, ideally. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:i dont think i agree with the first part and i think teams are going to put him in a TE role either way when he gets to the NFL. he would play that "move" TE role, similar to aaron hernandez, ideally. 
Yeah, I agree with this.  It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Nick O'Leary from Florida State any good ? 

The thread title is Tight End Prospects, not Funchess. So let's move on to other players with a better potential to be good tight ends in the NFL.

What I want is a guy who is very good at both blocking and catching  Clay Harbor is mostly used as a receiver despite the fact that we are better at receiving than blocking this season. Maredes Lewis will only get older, so at some point he will not be worth the money we are paying him - maybe next year.

Who do you know can not only be good at both blocking and receiving, but is likely to go in the top half of a round?

Quote:Yeah, I agree with this. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Indeed it will. This upcoming draft is still looking pretty lackluster overall.

That will probably inflate funchess' value. He will probably get over drafted.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:The thread title is Tight End Prospects, not Funchess. So let's move on to other players with a better potential to be good tight ends in the NFL.
Funchess is a tight a end prospect, and he does have the potential to be a solid TE/H-back in the NFL.

I also like Nick O'Leary, and the kid from Ohio State (forgot his name) looked like a big-time playmaker last season. Could have NFL potential.

Quote:Nick O'Leary from Florida State any good ? 

He's good but not very tall. Reminds me of Daniel Graham.

Quote:Funchess is a tight a end prospect, and he does have the potential to be a solid TE/H-back in the NFL.

I also like Nick O'Leary, and the kid from Ohio State (forgot his name) looked like a big-time playmaker last season. Could have NFL potential.

Jeff Heuerman from Ohio State. He does look useful. Needs some more muscle, but I like him.

Quote:Funchess is a tight a end prospect, and he does have the potential to be a solid TE/H-back in the NFL.

You can scout "the kid from Ohio State" (Jeff Heuerman) today because the Rutgers/OSU game is on ABC and ESPN2.  Smile

Maxx Williams anyone ? I know very little about him, but looks like he had a game last night.

Here is the list from CBSSports.com complete with the round drafted projection.

Koyack, 2/3

O'Leary 3

Kroft 3

Heuerman 3/4

Bibbs 4

Saxton 4

Pruitt 4/5

Christian 5/6

Uzomah 5/6

Jaguars definitely need help at TE.  Kroft and Christian have the quicks to be able to get open in the NFL.