Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars fans leaving the stadium with the game still in question

As we normally do, we stayed until the clock read 0:00 but it's tough, really tough with the opposing fans talking smack and cheering as the clock runs down. Made worse when you feel like this is a game we certainly could have won but for our own mistakes. Given all that, I don't blame people for leaving early one bit.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

When you buy my $150 club tickets you can tell me what to do at the game.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

When we get to the point where we are in the playoff hunt in mid-October I'll then start complaining about fans leaving early.  Winning 1 total game over the past 2 years in the months of September & October --- we just need to be thankful that people show up and cheer.

Next year, when we are 3-4 going into week 8, I'll be a little more vocal about our necessity to stay under "must win" circumstances.

I left early because I had things to do. I briefly considered not going at all, but I really like going to games. So, I pushed everything back to accommodate the game in the anticipation that if it turned hopeless I would leave early. It turns out I left before the beginning of the 4th quarter.

Really -- 10 Pages on fan loyalty?   You've gotta be kidding me.  This 10 page post should consist of people commending each other on their loyalty.

When they continue to sell beer until the clock turns 0:00 then I'll stay until the end of every game.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

Quote:Tough loss yesterday and disappointing in the end, but fun to have a good close game against a good team and fierce rival and have the game still be in question late into the 4th quarter.  The most disappointing thing, however, was seeing the droves of fans get up and leave with about 5 minutes left in the game and us being down a touchdown and 2 point conversion.  I understand there will be circumstances that require some to leave by a certain time.  I also understand leaving early during a blowout, but for that many people to get up and leave with the game still in question just to beat the traffic is not acceptable from this fan's perspective.  It's effectively lessening the homefield advantage to a degree at the most critical time of the game.  Shame on you if any who left early are reading this now.
Dude I could not possibly care less what you think is acceptable! I pay my money for my seat...drive almost 10 hours round trip to see the game and if I want to leave after the opening kick that is what i will do!  What are going to do....call me out on not being a fan enough..please. This is my 15th year of season tickets so I am a loyal fan.....but I am also a realist.no way in the world we were going to score two quick ones yesterday......if this is what you have to complain about...then you obviously do not have many "real" issues. Many words to say "same on you for being a "busybody".......

Quote:Dude I could not possibly care less what you think is acceptable! I pay my money for my seat...drive almost 10 hours round trip to see the game and if I want to leave after the opening kick that is what i will do!  What are going to do....call me out on not being a fan enough..please. This is my 15th year of season tickets so I am a loyal fan.....but I am also a realist.no way in the world we were going to score two quick ones yesterday......if this is what you have to complain about...then you obviously do not have many "real" issues. Many words to say "same on you for being a "busybody".......

Yet here you are, quoting my original post from 3 weeks ago about the Steelers game in a thread that you already responded to and already said once what you repeated again above.  It's as if you were digging up something to get mad at as if it were buried treasure, but I'm the busybody?  It's great that you drive so far to see the Jags play.  It's admirable even.  Though for the umpteenth time in this thread I'm having to reiterate that I wasn't referring to fans like you that drive so far or referring to blowout situations like what occurred yesterday against the Dolphins.  If you actually comprehended what you read in my original post or any of my follow up posts you'd have already realized that, but feel free to manufacture the outrage if that's what floats your boat.

For the record, I left the Dolphins game with about 4 minutes to go because there was nothing left to see.  We were down three scores.  I did miss our garbage time touchdown, but that doesn't bother me.  The group I was with just post tailgated for a bit and waited for traffic to die down before leaving.  Nothing that I have said in this thread to date has been about anything other than to stay and support your team when the game is still in question.  Being down 8 points to the Steelers with 4:30 left in the game should be worth sticking around for, especially if you live in Duval County.  I know it wasn't you who revived it, but I'm not quite sure why this thread is being rehashed after the Dolphins game.

if the "let's go Dolphins" chants at the stadium don't get under your skin, I don't know what will

Quote:if the "let's go Dolphins" chants at the stadium don't get under your skin, I don't know what will

Yah....way too many fish there yesterday....next time... NEXT TIME....

[Image: 52781354.jpg]

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Yet here you are, quoting my original post from 3 weeks ago about the Steelers game in a thread that you already responded to and already said once what you repeated again above.  It's as if you were digging up something to get mad at as if it were buried treasure, but I'm the busybody?  It's great that you drive so far to see the Jags play.  It's admirable even.  Though for the umpteenth time in this thread I'm having to reiterate that I wasn't referring to fans like you that drive so far or referring to blowout situations like what occurred yesterday against the Dolphins.  If you actually comprehended what you read in my original post or any of my follow up posts you'd have already realized that, but feel free to manufacture the outrage if that's what floats your boat.

For the record, I left the Dolphins game with about 4 minutes to go because there was nothing left to see.  We were down three scores.  I did miss our garbage time touchdown, but that doesn't bother me.  The group I was with just post tailgated for a bit and waited for traffic to die down before leaving.  Nothing that I have said in this thread to date has been about anything other than to stay and support your team when the game is still in question.  Being down 8 points to the Steelers with 4:30 left in the game should be worth sticking around for, especially if you live in Duval County.  I know it wasn't you who revived it, but I'm not quite sure why this thread is being rehashed after the Dolphins game.
Because part of being a Jag fan (and a Cub fan) is the love of pian...even if self inflicted!