Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ideas for new home boards.

Quote:I don't have much experience with web building but this looks like a promising start.

https://www.proboards.com

Very interesting. Behind the scenes we're exploring a few options, but if they fall through or end up being too pricey, we may have to result to something like this.

Regarding this site, I was wondering if there might be a limit to the amount of visitors where we may need a priced option, however, their free board option says "unlimited size... unlimited members."

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Does anyone on here 'know a guy'?

I've posted this a lot of other places, but Reddit really is a great community that a lot of us have already transitioned to.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comment...ars_forum/

We are Jaguars.

Reddit sucks

Quote:Reddit sucks
Sorry you've had an experience(s?) that has made you feel that way.

To each their own though.

If you decide to give it another chance, I'm confident you'll find a bunch of die-hard fans who love discussing our team.
We are Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2017, 12:54 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Sorry you've had an experience(s?) that has made you feel that way.

If you decide to give it another chance, I'm confident you'll find a bunch of die-hard fans who love discussing our team.

I gotta ask. I saw some of the rules on there and did I misunderstand or is there really no talking bad about the team? Can you elaborate on the do's and dont's? 

Is the forum controlled where any negativity is censored?

Quote:Sorry you've had an experience(s?) that has made you feel that way.

i actually use reddit daily for news and sweet memes but as a message board, it is hard to read and navigate. Sorry for bagging on your site, i am just in a state of shock and panic.

I peruse the front page most days. I don't venture into the subs often.

Quote:I just started a website for cancer patients. A 3 year package ran me right around 300 bucks through godaddy. I needed a lot of extra bells and whistles though.

Regarding the $300 as it may apply to a new Jaguars Forum, that's a very small price to pay for me to keep my Cyber Relationship with JW (a.k.a Miss Jags Fanatic)

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

Quote:Regarding the $300 as it may apply to a new Jaguars Forum, that's a very small price to pay for me to keep my Cyber Relationship with JW (a.k.a Miss Jags Fanatic)

The problem lies in if a financially contributing member does something to get themselves a warning or ban there could be some animosity.

Quote:Reddit sucks
They don't like it when you say that.   Just reading one of the threads over there and some of the regulars there have gotten their panties in a twist because I may have said the same thing.

Of course, some of the less literate buffoons on this board who tend to overreact to just about anything jumped all over that too.

For the record, Reddit does suck, and I've been a member there for a while.The desktop app makes it more readable, but still, the format is headache inducing.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:The problem lies in if a financially contributing member does something to get themselves a warning or ban there could be some animosity.
The new board, wherever that might be, will be moderated much differently since it won't be under the control of the team.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I gotta ask. I saw some of the rules on there and did I misunderstand or is there really no talking bad about the team? Can you elaborate on the do's and dont's? 

Is the forum controlled where any negativity is censored?
In my opinion, we've done a great job of creating and fostering a community in which opinions of all sorts are welcomed and appreciated. 

Many of our members have strongly opposing views and will go at it from time to time defending their beliefs about a player or situation. 

What is NOT allowed is fans of other teams coming to our forum and bashing us.  

There are 1,000,000 places on the internet that you can go and talk [BLEEP] about people or fans, including the NFL subreddit and your own team's subreddit. 

Coming to our forum as a fan of another team and sh!ttalking us is just not cool, and thusly is not tolerated. 

As far as "do's" are concerned, we just want people to contribute their thoughts, opinions and any relevant content they find to our team. 

The system of upvoting and downvoting is actually really great because it allows the best content to be the most visible, and the age decay algorithm keeps things fresh, so one popular post doesn't stay on top forever. 

Make sense?

We are Jaguars.

Quote:They don't like it when you say that.   Just reading one of the threads over there and some of the regulars there have gotten their panties in a twist because I may have said the same thing.

Of course, some of the less literate buffoons on this board who tend to overreact to just about anything jumped all over that too.

For the record, Reddit does suck, and I've been a member there for a while.The desktop app makes it more readable, but still, the format is headache inducing.

I think that anyone who is a part of a group can be bothered on some level when someone unilaterally denigrates their entire community. 

Painting with a wide brush seldom leads to an accurate description of whatever the subject matter is.

I'm sure that there are people on here that would take offense to me saying this forum sucks or is an awful place. It's just how human behavior works.

As with any online community, there are people who are less likable or more likely to cause irritation to readers, but overall the community has been a really good place for me to discuss my team with other fans.

That said, if your criticism is regarding the visual format of the site, I can understand that. I really didn't like it for awhile. Now, It's normal for me so I'm good with it, but it's definitely something that takes getting used to.

We are Jaguars.

Quote:i actually use reddit daily for news and sweet memes but as a message board, it is hard to read and navigate. Sorry for bagging on your site, i am just in a state of shock and panic.

Lmao, it's all good bro. I totally feel ya. Been on here since 2005 and it's definitely pretty jarring that it's going away and all of our history will cease to exist.

We are Jaguars.

I'm working on a possible solution or temp solution to keep everyone together by setting up a free forum. Working on it right now. I'll post a link and if everyone wants to use it, that's fine. Or we can simply use it as a temporary hold until we get something we want. That sounds ok?
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!