Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Conditioning Training

Quote:Why do you ask? That has nothing to do with anything I said.

I know......

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lots of rookies getting hurt this year.  Tim Green explained it well in his book "The Dark Side of the Game".  It's not just conditioning, it the speed of the game.  After week three we'll know who's in shape.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 08:40 AM by Section105Fan.)

Just an observation.......college players hoping to be drafted high hardly ever seem to get injured, or if they are they play with the injury. Once they join an NFL team, the nagging injuries seem excessive.

They are better at collecting paychecks than playing a game

Quote:I remember it too... but that was Del Rio's staff I think. We had the MMA guy that emphasized all the stretching haha.

Lol, yeah.  Seemed like we were desperate at one time to find the secret in keeping players from getting soft tissue injuries.  I get major injuries.  Just frustrating getting these soft tissue ones.  I see a lot of people blaming players for not stretching properly, but just can't imagine having people at the top of their field not having the player stretch as they should.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They are better at collecting paychecks than playing a game

Bu-dum-dum-chhhhhhh!

Quote:Lol, yeah.  Seemed like we were desperate at one time to find the secret in keeping players from getting soft tissue injuries.  I get major injuries.  Just frustrating getting these soft tissue ones.  I see a lot of people blaming players for not stretching properly, but just can't imagine having people at the top of their field not having the player stretch as they should.  

Like I said earlier in this thread they are not for the most part in the "top of their field" like you would expect.  The NFL attracts the mid level guys with its pay.  The top guys though are on occasion called in as consultants such as Kelly Starrett and John Welbourn.   

Revolving door...  

Luke Richesson was an interesting move back then and ended up simply following JDR to Denver and likely his next stop also.  I believe there are only about 3 teams with long standing SC coaches like the Squeelers.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 09:12 AM by jag86fan.)

Quote:Lol, yeah.  Seemed like we were desperate at one time to find the secret in keeping players from getting soft tissue injuries.  I get major injuries.  Just frustrating getting these soft tissue ones.  I see a lot of people blaming players for not stretching properly, but just can't imagine having people at the top of their field not having the player stretch as they should.  
People seem to forget our game against tennessee, (I believe it was our Home Opener) where we pretty much lost our entire O-Line to Pre-Game warmups.

We were favored to win that game, lost it ,and began our slide into mediocrity...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.