Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Future of WR Allen Hurns?

We'll know the answer to the question when the other rookies are more familiar with the play book, but he's done himself no harm at all so far !

Exciting to have Shorts, Lee, Robinson, Hurns and Sanders on the books and to be thinking they could all start ! (Not at once obviously...)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

TD 1

[Image: nqcwyzzxfkssnemg9pwn.gif]

TD 2

[Image: yndbtnm1jfahtp3cgpcs.gif]

46 yrd play

[Image: k75f8nrwvesdevzcs0j1.gif]

Quote:TD 1

[Image: nqcwyzzxfkssnemg9pwn.gif]

TD 2

[Image: yndbtnm1jfahtp3cgpcs.gif]

Lageman broke down the second TD on tape. Believe it or not the play was set up from a previous formation where they ran -The Bubble Screen- .
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Let's take a deep  breath and see how things play out as the season progresses.  He could completely disappear this week. 

True.

But the odds are against that. From what he's done in preseason and the Eagles game, it's hard to imagine that he's not the real deal.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Lageman broke down the second TD on tape. Believe it or not the play was set up from a previous formation where they ran -The Bubble Screen- .
Yeah I seen that.  The moves he puts on the defenders, the quickness, and the hands are impressive for the rook though.

Quote:Lageman broke down the second TD on tape. Believe it or not the play was set up from a previous formation where they ran -The Bubble Screen- .
Yeah. I noticed it during the game. The guy covering Hurns bit on the screen pass for an instant letting him get open quickly.  

I've always gotten a chuckle out of the folks that continued bashing the screen pass after the coaching changes.  

This isn't Mularkey's offense. 

Quote:Let's take a deep  breath and see how things play out as the season progresses.  He could completely disappear this week. 

I had my doubts. But the guy has been rock solid since his joined the team. I was fully expecting another Nate Hughes, Cortez Hankton or Kevin Elliott. He has done more than those guys have ever dreamed of doing. If he completely disappears I would be surprised.

Quote:No matter what spot he plays he will do well because him and Henne seem to click. At the end of the day, I think Hurns will turn out to be a fantastic number 2 receiver. However, I don't ever see him as a true number 1 guy.

Me neither because he doesn't possess the speed for the split-end position, but he's an ideal flanker...aka #2 WR.

'02

Quote:Based on the Eagles game, Allen Hurns seems to be better than Marqise Lee. But if that was true, Hurns would have been a first round pick by another team. It can be at Philadelphia, Hurns was better, but at Washington, Lee will be better. If that happens, so what, that means we have two good receivers who deserve the starting job. And that is a good thing, especially with the Cecil Shorts and Allen Robinson injuries.

Sorry, but this is completely inaccurate. I don't even know how you of all people could say something so silly. Just because he's behind someone drafted doesn't mean he cant be better than him. There is a reason Hurns was undrafted. I honestly don't know what it is, and I've been wondering myself, but anyone that is a Miami fan has done nothing but rave about the kid. He has no injury/criminal past or anything. His size is perfect, so there's a reason. Whereas you have Lee, who was injury prone and a reach coming out of USC. By your logic, Blaine Gabbert is better than Tom Brady because he was drafted before him... lol. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

I've been pretty impressed with what I've seen from Allen Hurns! He isn't the speediest, strongest, tallest, receiver out there. But he's out there, which is more than can be said consistently of CS3. Maybe some of his success has to do with the fact that he is a relatively unknown rookie that (at least up until now) the other teams didn't pay much attention to... and got burned! I suspect that when he does start garnering some extra attention from defenders that some of those big plays will go away. However, he nevertheless demonstrates that being the fastest, strongest, tallest, high jumping'est, guy out there isn't necessary to be a good receiver. Being on the field running accurate routes, and doing it consistently, is what makes pro bowl receivers. He reminds me of Keenan....

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:I've been pretty impressed with what I've seen from Allen Hurns! He isn't the speediest, strongest, tallest, receiver out there. But he's out there, which is more than can be said consistently of CS3. Maybe some of his success has to do with the fact that he is a relatively unknown rookie that (at least up until now) the other teams didn't pay much attention to... and got burned! I suspect that when he does start garnering some extra attention from defenders that some of those big plays will go away. However, he nevertheless demonstrates that being the fastest, strongest, tallest, high jumping'est, guy out there isn't necessary to be a good receiver. Being on the field running accurate routes, and doing it consistently, is what makes pro bowl receivers. He reminds me of Keenan....
and oh yeah... you've got to catch and hang on to the ball when it's catchable!

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Looks like Hurns has moved up the depth chart:

Quote:Allen Hurns ahead of Marqise Lee?

Allen Hurns | JAC

(September 13, 2014 12:03 AM EDT)

Coach Gus Bradley said that Allen Hurns will be the Jaguars' No. 2 receiver even when Cecil Shorts (hamstring) returns.

It's the first we've heard of Hurns being ahead of Marqise Lee on the depth chart. Jaguars reporter Mike DiRocco says it's because Hurns has a better grasp of the offense after playing for OC Jedd Fisch at the University of Miami. If true, it would make the UDFA a far more intriguing hold than previously thought. For now, however, it doesn't really matter as Shorts does not appear close to getting over his latest injury. Hurns is going to start opposite Lee against the bad Redskins secondary on Sunday and has some WR4 appeal.

SOURCE: 

ESPN.COM

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Hurns has outplayed Lee. I don't think that is a negative to Lee. Hurns has just been that good.

Hurns has outplayed Lee thus far, I hope to see Lee step it up to get better as well.

He can expect to be double teamed as teams try to take him out of the offense.

He needs to be ready for that and the other WRs need to step up and take advantage.

I have heard it said the defense can take away any 1 offensive player on the opposing team, for the most part anyway.

He did pretty much disappear in the 2nd half of the Philly game, that can't happen if he wants to become a great player for the Jags.

We'll see what happens at Washington.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Yeah I seen that. The moves he puts on the defenders, the quickness, and the hands are impressive for the rook though.

Saw*
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I would like to see Henne take a couple more deep shots to Lee like Bortles did in the preseason.

Yeah.... you have a better chance of seeing monkeys fly out of your butt....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Hurns has outplayed Lee. I don't think that is a negative to Lee. Hurns has just been that good.

^This

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"