Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Be patient

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 12:40 PM by Andy G.)

Let's get a reality check here. We lost to a team which was better than us and winning that game would have been a major upset.

Yes, the second half as a whole was a disaster. But, Eagles fans would probably have said their first half was a disaster too. And which of those is the more impressive, given the talent and experience of the two rosters ?

I believe a lot of the second half collapse came down to us being an inexperienced team which lacks a bit of belief. That will come.

For now, just be patient and concentrate on some very impressive positives.

Edit - sorry, didn't see the "perspective" thread. Mods, feel free to merge it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 12:43 PM by CSO14.)

This team has to learn how to finish games. How many years has it been that this occurs. Go up 14-0 in first half, and get wiped out the second half. I'm not sure if it's lack of adjustments at half time, or what.

Something has to change, and I think it will happen once our guy is starting under center.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Be patient?

NO! I want it all, and I want it right now!

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Obi wan kanobi preaches patience.  Anger leads to the dark side.

Quote:Obi wan kanobi preaches patience.  Anger leads to the dark side.

Yes.

No more punts.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I never expected to win until the first half Jags made this a very winnable game. Yes we had 2 long busted plays but had our offense even somewhat resembled nfl offense after the half we couldve won.

Quote:Obi wan kanobi preaches patience.  Anger leads to the dark side.

ya and Darth Vader killed him

I think "be patient" here means "take one week at a time." Next week will be much easier because Washington was one of only two teams with a worse record than us in 2013 and this year we're better. I am more concerned about the injured players (especially Cyprien) than lolsing at Washington. After the Redskins game is when I will worry about the Colts.

But this team should be a finished product Week 1. We have no time for this patience thing.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:But this team should be a finished product Week 1. We have no time for this patience thing.

Nobody is saying this.

Quote:But this team should be a finished product Week 1. We have no time for this patience thing.

You know that is not true. The finished product will not arrive until September 2015.

Be patient, be patient, blah blah blah.

This fan base for the most part has been patient for over a decade.  Now that we have what looks to be a potential franchise level QB, a guy that in his first preseason made throws and did things that we haven't seen from a Jaguar QB in a long, long time, he's sitting on the bench.  That's not going to sit well with some people no matter how hard people try to justify it.

Quote:ya and Darth Vader killed him

Ya but he let him

Could you imagine if it were 2016 and Chad Henne STILL was the quarterback?  :blink:

We were winning against a better team and probably would have won if our offense wasn't completely worthless in the second half. There's an obvious solution to this that is being blatantly ignored... But yes. Patience.

We have been patient for the last 6 years, i'm tired of this crap 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:We have been patient for the last 6 years, i'm tired of this crap 

Bad news: We are going to smear dog crap all over your face.  Good news: We will clean it off your face at some point in the future.  

Be patient.  

Quote:Be patient, be patient, blah blah blah.

This fan base for the most part has been patient for over a decade. Now that we have what looks to be a potential franchise level QB, a guy that in his first preseason made throws and did things that we haven't seen from a Jaguar QB in a long, long time, he's sitting on the bench. That's not going to sit well with some people no matter how hard people try to justify it.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 10:18 PM by dennisp3.)

Quote:Be patient, be patient, blah blah blah.

This fan base for the most part has been patient for over a decade.  Now that we have what looks to be a potential franchise level QB, a guy that in his first preseason made throws and did things that we haven't seen from a Jaguar QB in a long, long time, he's sitting on the bench.  That's not going to sit well with some people no matter how hard people try to justify it.
[/quote

Amen I am so tied of hearing all the homers explaining why the best quarterback is sitting on the bench. Every excuse has been address in preseason, He outplayed Henne, He outplayed Henne under pressure, He out played Henne when they put him in with the ones! He changed plays when he recognized the defensive set dictated a play change. We are starting all rookies at wide receiver and justify it because they need game time experience since rookies seldom have great first year stats. So lets sit the quarterback of the future so he can start next year with no game expertise that would allow him to establish timing with the young receivers. I love this team and every Jaguar fan was excited to finally have a great quarterback prospect. Only to see the coaching staffs pig headed commitment to a poor decision that was made before they ever saw Blake play a down in OTA's! This decision with no factual support that pulled the rug out from under every Jaguar fan. Just like politicians, when gets to start and we finally begin to see success they will take credit for holding him back and waiting until he was ready to play.